It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Found An Artificial Object Near The Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Why don't you email the STEREO people and ask? They probably know where all the satellites are.

I don't know who to mail about such things, I'm sure that BeePeeOilDisaster YT guy has their mailboxes flooded already. What else would they possibly tell me other than it being another satellite at best? Whatever it is, they are going to tell us what they want us to think it is.

For spits and giggles let's say it is a craft of unknown origin, a genuine UFO. Does anyone here really think they are going to say, "Wow good catch, we don't know what that is!" Even when they don't know, they still give you a factual answer, then they don't address it ever again. If someone else wants to email them, by all means have at it.

edit- you know what... why not, I will shoot them an email about it, we'll never know much more just on our own.
edit on 6-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I have PMd you the address of a solar physicist at NASA. He processes the images for them.

edit on 6/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

edit- you know what... why not, I will shoot them an email about it, we'll never know much more just on our own.
edit on 6-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

I just emailed them. There's a guy at the sungazers site that's really good about answering questions.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

I have PMd you the address of a solar physicist at NASA. He processes the images for them.

edit on 6/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

I emailed him, thanks for that. I attached the zoomed out circled image and the zoomed in one I posted here earlier. Guess I'll either hear back from him or not. If I get a visit though, I'm going to be pissed, unless there's some shut up money in a brief case.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would certainly assume first that it's just a satellite, but very interested to see what the email response is - I'm no scientist

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here's what I got back:

Hi P

That would be a dead pixel on the EUVI CCD detector. I don't know when
it appeared, but I can see it as far back as Jan 2010 and it is still
there now in the most recent data and in all wavelengths, meaning that
it is specific to the detector, and not one of the filters, for example.

There are a whole host of reasons why it can't be a satellite, the
primary one being that there aren't any out there where STEREO is
(which is a LONG way from Earth!), but also that a satellite would
need to be near the Sun in the several-million-degree corona, and be
absolutely huge (think: "that's no moon") to show up in focus in the
imagers like that.

So the dead-pixel thing is definitely the winner here

Always happy to help!

Best wishes,
Karl

(PS: I don't mind you distributing my sungrazer email address alias ([email protected]
) for questions like this.)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It reminds me of what I posted in my thread. could it be the same thing?

What Is This Near The Sun - SOHO EIT 284 Image 10/23/11
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SOHO EIT 195

SOHO EIT 304

SOHO EIT 171

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for the effort.

Dead pixels? First there was Hot Pixels, now we have dead pixels.

I checked the processed images for October and did see something similar near the same place...

I does change it's pixelized shape at different times though. Sometimes it looks like an X, other times a T or L shape, sounds unusual for pixels but what do I know, I'm not an expert on pixels.
I don't know, I'd like to hear what the physicist has to say too before I send the jury home on this one.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I went as far back as November of 2007 and it is there near the same position....

Going back further doesn't show it or the sun probably because it was pointed at a different area then. Whatever it is it's been there on the highest resolution images since 2007.

If it is these dead pixels, I don't understand why it's remained so long. Maybe it's a particle on the lens?
It doesn't seem to have the same texture as the background like it is an object, dust particle on the lens would do that I'd think. Still haven't heard back from the NASA processor guy yet, soon as I do I'll post his comments. Strange no one else has noticed this thing before....

edit on 7-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ok the NASA guy got back to me, and with such in depth detail and analysis too....

Looks like a piece of dust on the surface of the CCD.

I said dust particle also considering it's been there for years. A lot of dust and hair in space it seems, yes?

Guess their clean rooms could use more cleaning.

What something "looks like" and what it is aren't always the same thing though. I guess that's as good of an answer as we're going to get from them.

edit on 7-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Very interesting. Although assuming it isn't a dust spec on the CCD or a dead pixel if it were a craft or station of unknown origin would they tell us? food for thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsphil
if it were a craft or station of unknown origin would they tell us?

Absolutely not, never in a million years. They would most likely say it's a dust particle or microscopic hair. I expected the answer I got which is why I didn't want to bother emailing NASA, but it's really not much effort to try.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsphil
if it were a craft or station of unknown origin would they tell us?

Absolutely not, never in a million years. They would most likely say it's a dust particle or microscopic hair. I expected the answer I got which is why I didn't want to bother emailing NASA, but it's really not much effort to try.

Seeing that it's been in the same location in frame for a while (which is NOT the same as saying it is in the same location in space), I'd say the "dust spec" answer you got from the STEREO people sounds extremely plausible.

If it was a real object in space, it would not keep showing up in the same part of the image frame, considering that the STEREO spacecraft are always moving.

The pixelization was probably caused by exporting the image to a photo processing program. When you do that, a "smooth" blob can become a polygonal blob because of resolution/pixels per inch.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Agreed. Those satellites move and rotate often, if it were in space then it would appear in different locations. They should be wearing complete body suits in those clean room, but that still wouldn't stop dust from getting in there from items brought into those rooms over time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Agreed. Those satellites move and rotate often, if it were in space then it would appear in different locations. They should be wearing complete body suits in those clean room, but that still wouldn't stop dust from getting in there from items brought into those rooms over time.

Yes.

This is a little reminiscent of the thread where it was suggested that a large humanoid-looking thing can be seen standing (walking?) on the moon in pictures taken from miles in orbit by Apollo 15.

It turned out the EVERY image that was looked at from that camera had the exact same "object" in the exact same location in the frame of the picture, no matter what part of the Moon was being photographed. Therefore, that particular object was certainly not really on the Moon, and was most likely a speck of dust on or in the camera -- or possible dust in the equipment used to scan the original film negatives.

I think you have the same issue here. The object in the STEREO image can be seen in the same part of the image frame going back years. You would think that if the object was real and in space, it would not keep showing up in the same part of the image.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ok the NASA guy got back to me, and with such in depth detail and analysis too....

Looks like a piece of dust on the surface of the CCD.

I pestered him with a lot more questions about how the images are sent from the satellite, where they are relayed and how they get to the public. He even gave me links to the relevant software. I may write a thread on it at some point.... There was a suspicious stage in my view but he didn't seem to think so. Basically the data is in the hands on the military before it reaches "civilian" NASA.

What he couldn't seem to grasp is how people get suspicious when they take down images of what looks anomalous then repost images without the anomaly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
lol, love the answers our illustrious government experts are shoving off onto us...

Dalke07 recently opened a thread entitled, :Huge Sunspot group 1339, Solar Flare M 4.3, and their thread had this image posted within it:

hmmmm....

Looks familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

That is NOT a cosmic ray.

That is NOT a compression artefact.

That could well be a space craft.

ETA: In my opinion.
edit on 8/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You got an interesting stuff..í'm not an expert but there is something there that's for sure.
TextText

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
In one of Nostradamus quatrans he wrote of the "watchers". an alien race which supposedly has a base somewhere near the solar ecliptic. They watch us. And one day when we as humans have put away the need to war upon ourselves. They will make themselves manifest.
I found the quatran...
(Centurie IV, Quatran 28 )

Maybe youve got a first look at the watchers, watching us...

hmmm...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join