It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Found An Artificial Object Near The Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Many of us have seen those giant objects near the sun stuff before, explained as artifacts in low resolution or whatever the consensus is about them. Well this ain't like those.

I grabbed copies of the highest resolution back in Feb. of 2011 to see these alleged UFO objects better. What I ended up finding after going through these images recently was quite different than what had been spotted by the sun. This was stationary over the sun for at least that 1 day of 2-07-2011 on the Stereo Ahead EUVI 195 archive.

I circled it's location on the full zoom out image...

If you save the image and open it up in an image processing program, you can see it's detail better zoomed in. It appears to move, or spin perhaps, when you observe it in different images from that same day at different times. It's dark black and sometimes looks like it's X shaped.

I am not sure if this was there that long before or much after this date, I was saving images from that week because of the UFO activity by the sun being reported. I did check to see if it was still there in the archive and it is, check it out for yourselves.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Ahead EUVI 195
2011-02-07
Use resolution 2048 X 2048

Hard to determine the size but it must be moon size to be that visible on the images. Could be something here maybe?

edit on 6-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I dont know if you found anything. But the image is my desktop background now.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
at 1000% it looks like the Starship Enterprise...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You can see it's shift in these 2

Best I can zoom it without losing too much resolution...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

looks like a satellite or space station. see the two, horizontal panels and the vertical main body?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Very interesting !

Hard to say what the size would be, the distance where it sits from the sun and first and foremost, what would be the heat like where it is?

Getting a headache.

link   
Whatever it is, I'm getting the same air conditioning system installed in my house next summer

Second

link   
reply to post by undo

It appears like that, but I've never heard (publicly) about any stations that close the sun. This thing must be massive, no?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

looks like a satellite or space station. see the two, horizontal panels and the vertical main body?

They're pixels not panels. That doesn't mean this isn't anomalous but you can't see that amount of detail.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow it is artificial, you can see windoes and gun turrets on it. The colours is a bit weird but you can see some aliens waving to us....

wow great find....NOT

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

signature:
ATS is a humour site - nothing more

And you are uneducated and contribute immaturity - nothing more

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Size comparisons gives us an idea about it's size.

Diameter of the sun is 870,000 miles.
Diameter of the Earth is about 7,926 miles.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Space flies. Nice.

*builds bunker*

now get out of my bunker you flies!!

When will we cease attributing faulty earth technology for intense alien technology... I wonder.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You've definitely got an artifact there, not a pixelation issue. I suggest that it isn't really that close to the sun however, as well as is indeed a man made satellite...

used to monitor the sun - like satellite SA EUVI 195, what you most likely have here is SA EUVI 195 actually capturing the image of one of the other satellites NASA has in proximity... take your pick:

SA EUVI 171
SA EUVI 284
SA EUVI 304
SA COR 1
SA COR 2
SA HI 1
SA HI 2

There are others, just can't give you their names at the moment... Like the GOES and SOHO missions

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You have definitely *found* something, but whether it's the poop of a fly, a satellite, a error in the optics or an actual UFO....

The problem is, you make MANY assumptions about the size of the object and the distance to the Sun, truth is that i don't think ANYONE here on this forum is "scientist" enough to determine the size of this speck nor the distance based on the images.

You have a black speck on an image - and all the rest including other's comments is PURE and mostly nonsensical speculation.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The problem is, you make MANY assumptions about the size of the object and the distance to the Sun, truth is that i don't think ANYONE here on this forum is "scientist" enough to determine the size of this speck nor the distance based on the images.
I'm not an expert on image analysis but I believe you need both images from a "stereo" set up to be certain of the distance. That being the case we can't determine its size.

Somebody may correct me in a minute which won't do this thread any harm.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Depth perception is what we're dealing with here. If it's close to the SOHO satellite then it's not that large of an object. But imagine the view from this object's location... it is considerably close to the sun just from this perspective. Do we have satellite that much closer to the sun than the SOHO's?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Depth perception is what we're dealing with here. If it's close to the SOHO satellite then it's not that large of an object. But imagine the view from this object's location... it is considerably close to the sun just from this perspective. Do we have satellite that much closer to the sun than the SOHO's?

Why don't you email the STEREO people and ask? They probably know where all the satellites are.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Why don't you email the STEREO people and ask? They probably know where all the satellites are.

they're pretty good about answering emails as well. This is a great suggestion!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I can also vouch for that. I emailed them and got a reply within an hour. You can't expect a certain few members to do all the digging.

Go on....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join