It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a name for my new business?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Feel the negativity spew forth
!! As a restaurant owner and Chef, I run a multi-cultural menu with 2 other Chefs and 2 general assistants in an 80 seater restaurant with take-away (all food is cooked from fresh and to order). This restaurant has been running 15 years under the same ownership, so it can be done. Anyway the OP states Take-Away which removes a whole load of logistical nightmares that comes with seated guests. With a brigade of 50 Chefs I would probably be well my way to feeding half the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How about PIZZAzy CHOPSTICKS n' BUNS?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about stinkyfeets coyote ugly takeout

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InitiumArietis
reply to post by brindle

Feel the negativity spew forth
!! As a restaurant owner and Chef, I run a multi-cultural menu with 2 other Chefs and 2 general assistants in an 80 seater restaurant with take-away (all food is cooked from fresh and to order). This restaurant has been running 15 years under the same ownership, so it can be done. Anyway the OP states Take-Away which removes a whole load of logistical nightmares that comes with seated guests. With a brigade of 50 Chefs I would probably be well my way to feeding half the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt
Interesting theory,but ridiculous.Please refrain from attempting to counter me,I am indestructable.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
First off..I wish you great luck..but you most likely don't need it if you have a decent market for takeout or catering, and you are good at what you do.

I would like to suggest that you think about giving it a name that would leave out the actual type of cuisine , because perhaps later on you may decide to expand to more ideas, or if asked to cater a larger gathering you may choose to have a few more options that are easy to do, and in demand.

Also when new customers call , they can find out what you do offer, and will be sold on it. The success of a business like that is in repeat customers, as well as word of mouth because of great product.

Perhaps just a name selling the idea of good food for everyone, and something for everybody in the family .

Something for Everyone

Family Friendly Food

Family Friendly Takeout and Catering

Satisfied Taste-buds

Just a few ideas... I know its nice for families with kids to have the options you provide...but I can understand it if you don't want to advertise as a family place. Do you do larger caterings as well? weddings?

Now I'm craving some good Chinese food.. do you deliver?

edit on 9-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Tacos to Chopsticks Pizzeria & Bakery "when you can't decide what you want"

Pedro & Chow's Pizzeria & Bakery "Oriental & Mexican Cuisine Pizzeria & Bakery"

or simplify to
Tacos to Chopsticks Pizzeria

Pedro & Chows Pizzeria etc

Triple Threat Cafe & Bakery

edit on 11/9/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
How about Big Fat Berthas eatery

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Iits pretty amazing.Where did you go to culinary school at?How many times have you been to china to learn the real art of chinese cooking.If this story is really true,that you are having chinese food,pizza ,Italian and a bakery all under one roof,it is truly amazing.You must have a big bankroll to hire 50 chefs.If the business has less than 40 chefs,it will fail within 6 months-guaranteed.

I want to go to Brindle's Restaurant! Sounds like you are an expert...
I'm surprised it took you so long to pop in and start ripping on yet another thread...you're slipping.

Brindle...look at the OP. Pizza...NOT an Italian menu. Selected favorite bakery items...NOT a bakery.

Oh and as for the Chinese thing...Spent 7 yrs in Asia if you had read any of my earlier threads. My wife is Korean and a fantastic Asian chef. But again...this is TAKE-OUT. Not a restaurant. Even you could do a stir fry and a deep fry. Well Maybe.
Also, if you have experienced REAL Chinese food, you would know that what we eat in the West is not exactly that.

And last but certainly NOT least...look back in the thread. We are in a small Mountain town and not downtown New York. But even there, with experienced staff, 4-6 good people on the line could pull this menu off.

So if you have a slogan or name to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. That is actually what the thread is about.

For all other contributions to the thread so far...Thank you. Some great stuff and ideas. Just going to get this going and sell it after a few years. Gotta pay off my little slice of land somehow.

Peace

ETA: 50 Chefs??? What the hell are you imagining? This is not an assembly line or the Hilton Hotel. I have 900 sq ft. and that includes the waiting area!

edit on 9-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
First off..I wish you great luck..but you most likely don't need it if you have a decent market for takeout or catering, and you are good at what you do.

I would like to suggest that you think about giving it a name that would leave out the actual type of cuisine , because perhaps later on you may decide to expand to more ideas, or if asked to cater a larger gathering you may choose to have a few more options that are easy to do, and in demand.

Also when new customers call , they can find out what you do offer, and will be sold on it. The success of a business like that is in repeat customers, as well as word of mouth because of great product.

Perhaps just a name selling the idea of good food for everyone, and something for everybody in the family .

Something for Everyone

Family Friendly Food

Family Friendly Takeout and Catering

Satisfied Taste-buds

Just a few ideas... I know its nice for families with kids to have the options you provide...but I can understand it if you don't want to advertise as a family place. Do you do larger caterings as well? weddings?

Now I'm craving some good Chinese food.. do you deliver?

edit on 9-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

No delivery or catering right now. Did catering back in the old Bakery and it's a nightmare. Order ahead and pick it up...ok. Catering..No.

Delivery is what we need to do but in the mountain area where we are, it will be a nightmare in the winter. We're not too far away from 3 ski hills so lots of snow. Waiting til spring for that.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by brindle
Iits pretty amazing.Where did you go to culinary school at?How many times have you been to china to learn the real art of chinese cooking.If this story is really true,that you are having chinese food,pizza ,Italian and a bakery all under one roof,it is truly amazing.You must have a big bankroll to hire 50 chefs.If the business has less than 40 chefs,it will fail within 6 months-guaranteed.

I want to go to Brindle's Restaurant! Sounds like you are an expert...
I'm surprised it took you so long to pop in and start ripping on yet another thread...you're slipping.

Brindle...look at the OP. Pizza...NOT an Italian menu. Selected favorite bakery items...NOT a bakery.

Oh and as for the Chinese thing...Spent 7 yrs in Asia if you had read any of my earlier threads. My wife is Korean and a fantastic Asian chef. But again...this is TAKE-OUT. Not a restaurant. Even you could do a stir fry and a deep fry. Well Maybe.
Also, if you have experienced REAL Chinese food, you would know that what we eat in the West is not exactly that.

And last but certainly NOT least...look back in the thread. We are in a small Mountain town and not downtown New York. But even there, with experienced staff, 4-6 good people on the line could pull this menu off.

So if you have a slogan or name to contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. That is actually what the thread is about.

For all other contributions to the thread so far...Thank you. Some great stuff and ideas. Just going to get this going and sell it after a few years. Gotta pay off my little slice of land somehow.

Peace

ETA: 50 Chefs??? What the hell are you imagining? This is not an assembly line or the Hilton Hotel. I have 900 sq ft. and that includes the waiting area!

edit on 9-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)
Ripping on peoples threads is really fun.Nothing personal,just a great hobby.Anyway,you should add some kim-chee to the menu.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Ripping on peoples threads is really fun.Nothing personal,just a great hobby.Anyway,you should add some kim-chee to the menu.

Believe it or not, we sold Kimchee in our bakery and it was a hit!

My wife won't make it because of the smell. She can't stand it. We bought it from a little Korean lady that owned a grocery store not too far from the bakery. The best Kimchee is actually my Mother in-law's..IMO. Hot, spicy, lots of garlic and always a little crunch left to the cabbage. Not that soggy stuff.

I am trying to find another source in our new town but so far only 8 Koreans and no one makes good Kimchee.

I miss it!

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey jude11, have you decide what to call your business yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
Hey jude11, have you decide what to call your business yet.

Nothing has stuck yet.

As I mentioned in the OP, it's generic right now and people are actually warming up to it...

Won't give the whole thing but something like this:
--------------------------------------------------
**********TAKE-OUT************
****Chinese*Baked Goodies*Pizza****
--------------------------------------------------
Had to get something up fast so that worked for the moment. Now I kinda like it even tho it's not really my style.

Oh well, the customer is always right...unless of course they're wrong...

Peace

edit on 11-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have my own restaurant idea and catchy name. But It's really just a fantasy! Hope you come to great conclusion, here are my suggestions.

"Pastime Eats"

"Foreign Hometown"

"Baker's Delight"

"Bread Below the Sun"

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I opened a jar of Kim-chee in my kitchen in 1989...It exploded all over the walls, and on me.
I can still smell it on my hands.
.It's delicious though.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by jude11

I opened a jar of Kim-chee in my kitchen in 1989...It exploded all over the walls, and on me.
I can still smell it on my hands.
.It's delicious though.

You might be surprised at how many times a jar of GOOD kimchee explodes because of the ongoing fermentation process.

The terrible, mass produced and bland store bought stuff is safer now. But that home-made stuff is still the way to go!

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Call it chinese japanese dirty knees what are these boobies

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I've been reading all the suggestions and thought of the whole slogan, name and signage if it rings through with the wife. Picture this for a moment. You have 4 cartoon charactures drawn up depicting a Mexican having a siesta, an Italian throwing a pizza in the air, a Chinese chef with a wok and chopsticks and a baker in his whites with rolling pin in hand. Name to cover all aspects could be Lil of this & Lil of that Slogan reads: Have it your way on the Highway! By the way naming your business to attract what you do has to be one of the hardest things for getting your business up and running but good luck hope all works for you and your wife as planned! Oh yeah by the way if my suggestion is picked I understand a free slice of pizza is included but the question is does it include airfare

edit on 4/15/2012 by MamaG because: forgot a comment

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaG
reply to post by jude11

I've been reading all the suggestions and thought of the whole slogan, name and signage if it rings through with the wife. Picture this for a moment. You have 4 cartoon charactures drawn up depicting a Mexican having a siesta, an Italian throwing a pizza in the air, a Chinese chef with a wok and chopsticks and a baker in his whites with rolling pin in hand. Name to cover all aspects could be Lil of this & Lil of that Slogan reads: Have it your way on the Highway! By the way naming your business to attract what you do has to be one of the hardest things for getting your business up and running but good luck hope all works for you and your wife as planned! Oh yeah by the way if my suggestion is picked I understand a free slice of pizza is included but the question is does it include airfare

edit on 4/15/2012 by MamaG because: forgot a comment

Thanks for that! Good suggestions and as we move forward I'll be revisiting this thread for all the great ideas.

We've been open for awhile now and it's catching on. We don't have a slogan but we do have an approach to pure fresh ingredients that people are starting to gravitate towards and that seems to be working.

We are getting known as "Whatever they do, it's quality" type people so we'll just keep going. The place so far is just called "Take-Out". Not creative but it's working and even the newspaper came out to do a story because of it.

I like the cartoon ideas and will definitely follow up on that.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great to hear about the following you are receiving also the paper coming out for a visit and hopefully a great article was wrote to help promote your business. I'm sure it will also get your location and your fresh ingredients noticed!

Congratulations on your success thus far with many years to follow!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join