Yum Yum Bites

Patacake Baker's Man

Upper Crust

The Breadman

Breadman Walking

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ubuntu

named after the Southern African philosophy of Ubuntu ("humanity towards others")

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I haven't laughed like this on a thread for a loooooooonnnnng time..! Thanks OP for giving us something other than doom-and-gloom to think about!

I was curious where your journey landed you? I'm here in OR/WA area, and have lived just about everywhere on the West Coast, and have accumulated quite a palate for cuisine. I love Chinese food (Cantonese is my fav...good ol Guandong!), all Italian, and just about anything you can bake! I'd love to come try out your concoctions!

As for names..."Amalgamations, an eclectic dining experience"...."Leaning Palace of Ixtapa"..."Chomps: Chopsticks, Pizza, and Pastry"...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by brindle
Guido changs is catchy

Good one but need the bakery part in there as well.

That is just an AWESOME name! Reminds me of Carlos O'Briens in Phoenix, although they are strictly Mexican. But, I always thought the name was "catchy".

So, to incorporate the bakery, how about- Guido Chang's Restaurant and Bakery?

There is another one based on this that is bouncing around in my head, let me stew on it a while...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Reallistically,you need about 20 chefs to be cooking all that food,.It sounds a bit far-fetched to be a start-up business.I call bs.

BS to what?

As mentioned, it's a take-Out. NOT a restaurant in which case I would partially agree with your statement.

And as also mentioned, it's just Chinese Food, Pizza and our Favorite Bakery items from our last Bakery. Cinnamon Buns etc. Not Rocket Science for skilled cooks.

4 of us do it quite well.

Back on topic, got a name or slogan you'd like to contribute?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I think "Eclectic Cafe" has a nice ring to it.

That's what I was going to suggest.

Having been in the restaurant business (as a manager, not an owner), I will say that I would not want to keep up with the inventory. What a nightmare!

It was at first but now it's fairly easy. We use Sysco and GFS for the big stuff and shop daily for veggies and meats. Got a handle on it now.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I liked your world in a bowl, but thought - soul in a bowl - sounded better.

Or you other idea with the mexican - Pedros Shanghai Pizza Bakery - sums it up

Good Luck

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Continental Drift Cuisine
Something for every plate...LOL

Eat This Now. Then this.

Dough rey Miso

Had enough?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would call it..

"HomeTown Haven"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Here's what I came up with:

"Mario,Manny,and Ming's" named after three pirates who learned to bake. Mario, Manny, and Ming sailed the seven seas once upon a time. Mario was a 1st mate who liked to work the galley and came up with yummy exotic seafood pizzas. Manny was taken aboard ship to Spain by his adopted father. He was a young lad and got his start by grinding corn to make tortillas for the crew. Ming was a stow away on Mean Chow Lee's ship. When he was discovered, the only reason they didn't throw him overboard was he convinced them to try his fried rice filled with the finest fresh veggies he could scrounge in the galley and drizzled with the most delicate sauces the pirates had ever tasted. Well, the story has it that they were all pillaging and creating havoc with the native islanders in the South Pacfic at the same time when an enormous typhoon hit. Amazingly enough, all three ships wrecked and sank and Mario, Manny, and Ming wound up the same deserted island. There was plenty of fruit trees, wild herbs and roots and of course, fishing and harvesting the coral reefs . They built a fire and cooked and ate to their heart's delight coming up with unusual and tasty dishes each based on their own cultural cuisines. Until one day a French trading ship set anchor within rowing distance to their little beach. Soon the island was awash with French sailors harvesting the fruit trees to stock their galley for their trip back to France. Mario, Manny and Ming whipped up a feast for their guests thelike they had never tasted before! Well needless to say the French insisted they board their ship and work in the galley who had been manned by a baker who was not a great cook. And that is how Mario, Manny, and Ming lerned to bake. As soon as they could they set sail from Paris to America where they opened this restraunt.

In addition the the regular menu Mario, Manny and Ming each offer up their own specials of the day, their favorite recommendations, and unique desserts and pastries.. Their story is written on the placemats and murals on the walls portray their many adventures.

......or not
edit on 8-11-2011 by missvicky because: spelling
edit on 8-11-2011 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
Here's what I came up with:

"Mario,Manny,and Ming's" named after three pirates who learned to bake. Mario, Manny, and Ming sailed the seven seas once upon a time. Mario was a 1st mate who liked to work the galley and came up with yummy exotic seafood pizzas. Manny was taken aboard ship to Spain by his adopted father. He was a young lad and got his start by grinding corn to make tortillas for the crew. Ming was a stow away on Mean Chow Lee's ship. When he was discovered, the only reason they didn't throw him overboard was he convinced them to try his fried rice filled with the finest fresh veggies he could scrounge in the galley and drizzled with the most delicate sauces the pirates had ever tasted. Well, the story has it that they were all pillaging and creating havoc with the native islanders in the South Pacfic at the same time when an enormous typhoon hit. Amazingly enough, all three ships wrecked and sank and Mario, Manny, and Ming wound up the same deserted island. There was plenty of fruit trees, wild herbs and roots and of course, fishing and harvesting the coral reefs . They built a fire and cooked and ate to their heart's delight coming up with unusual and tasty dishes each based on their own cultural cuisines. Until one day a French trading ship set anchor within rowing distance to their little beach. Soon the island was awash with French sailors harvesting the fruit trees to stock their galley for their trip back to France. Mario, Manny and Ming whipped up a feast for their guests thelike they had never tasted before! Well needless to say the French insisted they board their ship and work in the galley who had been manned by a baker who was not a great cook. And that is how Mario, Manny, and Ming lerned to bake. As soon as they could they set sail from Paris to America where they opened this restraunt.

In addition the the regular menu Mario, Manny and Ming each offer up their own specials of the day, their favorite recommendations, and unique desserts and pastries.. Their story is written on the placemats and murals on the walls portray their many adventures.

......or not
edit on 8-11-2011 by missvicky because: spelling
edit on 8-11-2011 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

Very cool!

Into the hat & thanks!

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Chairman Wows
Bites and Pieces
Pizza cake

I am a business adviser an is normally my forte, Pizza Cake as in piece of cake is snappy and a good fit, good luck with the new business sounds like you have the skills and fresh ideas to make it a success

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

fun :-)

Chile China Pie

I swear - if anybody could make a decent, gluten free pizza - they would own me

sounds like a blast

bona fortuna

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by jude11

Chile China Pie

sounds like a blast

bona fortuna

Gluten free is my wife's specialty and her pizza dough is very popular. We just can't bake the pizza in store because of cross contamination so we freeze and sell it to take and bake.

BTW, good name suggestion!

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by jude11

Chile China Pie

sounds like a blast

bona fortuna

Gluten free is my wife's specialty and her pizza dough is very popular. We just can't bake the pizza in store because of cross contamination so we freeze and sell it to take and bake.

BTW, good name suggestion!

Peace

I suppose this is all happening in Canada?

just my luck :-)

and thanks - China Chile Pie might work too - then it doesn't sound like cold pie

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Juan More Fu-King Pizza Take-Away

Best of luck in your venture

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Iits pretty amazing.Where did you go to culinary school at?How many times have you been to china to learn the real art of chinese cooking.If this story is really true,that you are having chinese food,pizza ,Italian and a bakery all under one roof,it is truly amazing.You must have a big bankroll to hire 50 chefs.If the business has less than 40 chefs,it will fail within 6 months-guaranteed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I would call the business here today, gone tomorrow

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds interesting.

My advice is not to try to do to many different things as that means more space in the kitchen.

Different prep areas and some things take longer to cook then others.

The faster you serve a good product and are on to the next order the faster the money comes in.

Unless you are doing sit down, which I do not recommend in what you described, you will need more than one cook and a large kitchen.

Stick to your take out but do not in my opinion make a large menu.

Make what you cook the best, top grade in everything, and charge a good price and people will continue to eat at your spoon.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

What's with the negativity?

The guy and his wife are doing something they enjoy and attempting to make a living, for someone to come out with a statement such as "if condition x is not met then the business will fail, guaranteed in 6 months" is simply inconsiderate and bad mannered.

I suppose you have a 3 star Michelin restaurant under your belt?

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join