It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am A Skeptic About UFO's, But There Is One Sighting That Has Me Getting Near The Borderline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here is the sighting i am talking about. It was recorded in Somerset England in 1998. As i have stated, i am skeptical about the subject of UFO's. This one though has me thinking:-

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
how was this different to any other video?, I don't understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

I think it worth highlighting some of the information I've posted on ATS before:

(1) The Rod Dickinson mentioned in connection with this video is the same Rod Dickinson that is extremely well known for hoaxing crop-circles and UFOs. He is really quite well known in certain circles (no pun intended). As I mentioned in an older discussion, I had an email exchange with Rod a few years ago and confirmed that it is the same person.

(2) Rod has considerable expertise in multimedia and video artwork.
www.uwe.ac.uk...

Rod Dickinson teaches digital media production across all three years, specializing in interactive and hypermedia.

He is a practicing multimedia artist whose artwork mostly takes the form of video installations and live events. Recent projects use detailed research into moments of the past and present, to make a series of meticulously re-enacted events and simulations that represent both the mechanisms that enable belief, and the social systems that make belief systems function.

(3) Several of the UFO/alien videos and photos that regularly appear on ATS can be traced back (with a bit of effort) to hoaxers/artists that are openly involved in groups that create crop circles.

Hoaxing isn't always a solitary hobby...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

This looks like the same UFO in my favorite UFO video that was captured on a cell phone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I am much more interested in old UFO sightings. Today there are so many balloons, UFO shaped even, experimental air craft and remote control objects plus the effects that can be had with computers and cameras today leave it impossible to tell if something is real or not. IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

oh wow i forgot about this one... amazing.

isaackoy, can you confirm this man was active in the crop circle community BEFORE the sighting/him taking this footage?

it would make sense that he might get involved afterwards as a result of the sighting/media attention, and that would not be enough to discredit him completely.

footage seems very legit, but i'd like to hear more about what you know about him.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
isaackoy, can you confirm this man was active in the crop circle community BEFORE the sighting/him taking this footage?

Yes, I can confirm that he was active in the crop circle community BEFORE him taking this footage.

Contrast the date on the video with the dates given in various articles regarding his involvement in the crop circle community. See, for example:

www.circlemakers.org...

Rod Dickinson clearly remembers the night he made his first crop circle. It was the summer of 1991, ..

Thirteen years later, Dickinson has just completed what he estimates to be his 500th foray into the art of what's come to be known as "circle-making"

it would make sense that he might get involved afterwards as a result of the sighting/media attention, and that would not be enough to discredit him completely.

Nope. He was involved long BEFORE.

Although his name may not mean much to many people, within the crop circle community he really is a very well known artist/hoaxer.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

fair dos, care to point me to some evidence to support that mr dickinson is a confirmed hoaxer?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nothing unusual about this sighting, nice little toy out of MoD Boscombe Down - used to fly out of Machrihanish too in those days.

Absolutely nothing ET about that asset, very cool though.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
reply to post by IsaacKoi

fair dos, care to point me to some evidence to support that mr dickinson is a confirmed hoaxer?

Well, here a statement on his own website:

www.roddickinson.net...

Rod Dickinson's art work has focussed on an ongoing involvement and fascination with several areas of peripheral belief; including crop cirles and UFOs.

For the last decade he has covertly created crop circles.

His art work has been widely exhibited in contemporary art galleries which include: Huntington Beach Art Centre, California, USA; Centre for Contemporary Art, Glasgow, Scotland, UK; Camerawork Gallery, London, UK; Stadtakademie, Frankfurt, Germany.

Trickster by John Roberts
Art writer and author John Roberts discusses Rod Dickinson's crop circle work. This article has been published in the Oxford Art Journal, volume 22, No 1 1999. Published by Oxford University Press

Or see the Circlemakers.org website:

www.circlemakers.org...

Leaders in the Field

Mark Pilkington from Fortean Times magazine interviews circlemakers John Lundberg, Rod Dickinson, Wil Russell and Rob Irving.

Or see any of the numerous other books, websites and videos discussing his artwork/hoaxes.
edit on 6-11-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join