It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘-– Michelle Fields!’ — Interview With Reporter Harassed at Occupy DC Protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
jibeho,

You're absolutely right. Only the most blinded, fanatical supporter would say those are good things. I tend to avoid speaking to those types.

What I don't understand is why it happened. Were these people more or less normal before they came to OWS, then became affected by the message, the people around them, and the boredom?

Or were they ready to raise a little hell and figured this was a good excuse and opportunity to do it?

Or is there some other reason?

Yes, many of them have gone wrong. I wonder why.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
reply to post by sweetliberty

I am not defending anything, im just telling that using bad words dont make you right, and you using 1 or 2 stories to paint a whole movement wow, seriously, you got no point and your not proving anything...

Well you are proving you have issues with the movement, but how is it in anyway important news

You're right. 1 or two stories just doesn't cut it:

How about 151?

biggovernment.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

List is now up to 160 in a matter of a few hours.

Interesting how this is working out isn't it?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I would expect that number to hit 200 by tomorrow (election day). It's going to be brutal here in Ohio just like it was in Wisconsin with similar legislation on the table.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's already added 6 more incidents.

It will be at 500 by election day in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

edit on 7-11-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yet, you're not pissed about the people that were run over at the end of that video and that you're not outraged at the lack of police response. Color me shocked.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

U.S. Day of Rage planned...

“Americans it is now our time. The Tunisians did it, then the Egyptians. It is OUR time. It is OUR America.” Anti-consumerist magazine AdBusters asked on its site: “Is American ripe for a Tahrir moment?”

I wonder why they aren't still referring to the "Day of Rage" title as they did in the beginning?

But, but, rage means, peace my brother.... right?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jibeho

Yet, you're not pissed about the people that were run over at the end of that video and that you're not outraged at the lack of police response. Color me shocked.

No I'm not pissed, because they should have been on the sidewalk. When you walk in front of moving cars you're going to get hit most likely. Next time they will probably stay on the sidewalk. Right?? Were these poor victims ever cited for J Walking?

PS. They were not run over as all would like to believe. To be run over literally means the car driving over you. These wimps were tapped by the car after they put themselves into harms way. That's price you pay.
edit on 7-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why do you expect all members of an entity to be good?

There's always jerks in any movement, and we can ever tell if they were planted yet.

I support anything that protests for that reason. Anything that makes people do things. Occupy Wallstreet though seems to be the most iconic and perfect one, and the more far away you go, the bigger jerks you get. But then again, that's why I love my city.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join