It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have a National Boycott Black Friday?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
It's a great idea and I already started a thread on this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of your ideas are welcome!

Really I missed your thread.
Sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It's no problem!

Feel free to attach yours to mine if you'd like. Mine isn't exactly like yours since I'm trying to get people to boycott everything materialistic for the holidays; not just Black Friday.

Don't be sorry about missing my thread. Just chalk it up as an example of great minds thinking alike!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by minikin84

I have some figures on the thread I linked to above. These large corporations depend so much of their gains on the holidays that it's ridiculous!

If people would simply commit to not using any credit cards this year, it would also make a huge impact.

I don't have or use credit cards and have stopped using my greendot debit card.
In the past years I bought the stuff for my children to make their own stockings to hang for christmas, given out christmas cookies that were homebaked, and this year I really want to go out to the soup kitchen and feed the homeless (volunteer) however my kids aren't feeling it, soon they'll be out of the house and I will be able to do these things as well. Also I have not used a bank (if you don't include Greendot) since like 2004. This year people are getting from me homemade hot chocolate mix, cookie mix (where you just add one ingreient to bake or make), bath oils (made with essential oils that are made right here in Tampa at a locally owned pagan store), etc... oh I have given the bath salts and oils before too...my kids well they get second hand bought "technology" usually, and that's when we were doing WELL this year they have to suck it up because we are going to be moving as well as just hanging onto what we have at the moment. They are older now so I am teaching them about these things and about Family Values (Which I have always tried to instill in them).
edit on 6-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You're setting a great example!

If more people would do what you're doing, we could reverse things and the corporations would start giving us better deals the year 'round. It would be nice if holiday decorations were put out after Thanksgiving like they used to be.

Between your thread and mine, maybe we can get people to at least consider making thier holidays more valuable (not in the dollar sense of the word).

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

as for your post, the sentiment is appreciated...

can you tell us if your avatar is crying or just Gothic &/or sinister (with all that shadow under the eyes & all)

your words say one thing but it still remains ambigious (to me)

...Yes, the picture is gothic. No, it does not mean that I am gothic or that I am being sarcastic or ambiguous. It's a picture that I like and you do not have to. What I said came from my heart. I truely believe that we have lost tradition and that money has a lot to do with it; having a gothic avatar should not make you doubt my integrity as a moral human being.

Afterthought: I read your topic and totally agree. My husbad and I do not own credit cards of any kind, so hooray us!

Ldyserenity: You can definitely count me into the Black Friday Boycott. As I said before, I really do like the idea.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Then I apologise.

I understand where you are coming from, but let's be honest. I think the majority of ATSers feel the same, it seems you are preaching to the converted.

edit on 6/11/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I already boycott black friday. The idea of standing in front of a walmart all night like a zombie waiting for free brains, to have the chance of getting mowed down by a bunch of obese woman at 7 in the morning is not appealing at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Too true!
I have kept a picture from a news article about a fight that broke out at Wal-Mart on Black Friday about 4 years ago. The picture is classic because it shows this angry raging woman being held back by a security guard while the sign behind her on the wall says "Only at Wal-Mart". Talk about irony!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join