It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Past Presidential Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
From the "Living Diary of the OBama Presidency" (gag) they posted something i found interesting:

For what it is worth, next year's presidential election will be the seventh in U.S. history to be held on Nov. 6. The previous, and their winners: 1984 (Ronald Reagan), 1956 (Dwight Eisenhower), 1928 (Herbert Hoover), 1900 (William McKinley), 1888 (Benjamin Harrison) and 1860 (Abraham Lincoln) - all Republicans. Before the 1848 election, the date was not uniform around the country.

www.politico.com...

So if history is accurate and "foretelling" the next Potus will be a Republican but anything can happen. History has also shown that a Incumbent Potus has never bee Re-elected with a unemployment rate of 8%.

So is this good news? no one is a crystal ball and no one can tell the future but will history repeat itself?

Me can't stand the current administration and i hope history stands true.
edit on 6-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really? No incumbant POTUS never got reelected with an unemployment rate of 8%?

I suppose this might be true, since the unemployment rate when FDR was reelected the first time, it was higher than 8 percent, not 8%.

The other facts about the November date is quite interesting to know.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I hate the current administration as well.. but honestly, unless it's Ron Paul, it's going to make no difference whatsoever who takes over

Hate to be "that guy".. just calling it how I see it

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No American president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt has won a second term in office when the unemployment rate on Election Day topped 7.2 percent.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

So see let's how many president's since Roosevelt?
edit on 6-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Before Obama...there had never been a black President.

I wouldn't use history as an accurate predictor of the future...especially with Obama...he has already proven it wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You mean half black don't you?

Only November will prove or disprove this.

new topics

top topics

join