It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the David Koresh of the Occupy Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Creepy looking Dr. David Graeber, a 50-something university professor and UK Labour Party activist is among the cabal who organized and promoted the original Occupy protests that attracted as many as a few hundred people (in a city of 15 million) and has attracted groups of several dozen in hundreds of more cities. He continues to be revered as "Brother #1" of the cult and is using his new-found celebrity to promote his first book.

Corporate media, who are backing OWS, recently wrote a fawning tribute to him:

www.businessweek.com...

OWS is a movement that has involved as many as 10,000 of the 300,000,000 people in the United States, and has been endorsed by Barack Obama (whose Top 5 campaign contributors include Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase) and Nancy Pelosi (whose Top 5 campaign contributors include Wells Fargo and the Mortgage Bankers Association). It has also been endorsed by the Unilever Corporation, via their Ben & Jerry ice cream division, and the American Nazi Party. Recently there has been a problem with some Occupy participants overdosing on heroin at events and some of their small events have drawn complaints due to park bench group sex and public urination.

Despite the relatively small size of the events, corporate-owned media have dutifully reported on each of them with breathless energy and regularity.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Thank you for posting that, I had never heard of David Graeber before, what an awesome guy!
One of the things I took away from that article was this little bit about his Father:

His father worked as a plate stripper on offset printers. Originally from Kansas, he had fought for the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War. Anarchists made up one part of the fragile Republican coalition, and for a brief period they controlled Barcelona. “Most people don’t think anarchism is a bad idea. They think it’s insane,” says Graeber. “Yeah, sure it would be great not to have prisons and police and hierarchical structures of authority, but everybody would just start killing each other. That wouldn’t work, right?” Graeber’s father, however, had seen it work. “So it wasn’t insane. I was never brought up to think it was insane.”

Source:www.businessweek.com...
This just shows to me the extent to which we're controlled. The very word anarchists has become the exact opposite of what it really is.
When people act like grown, civilized adults there are no need for hierarchical structures of authority.
Maybe that's why the moochers who stay at the top of our hierarchical structures of authority make damn good and sure we never get to that point.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70

Thank you for posting that, I had never heard of David Graeber before, what an awesome guy!
One of the things I took away from that article was this little bit about his Father:

His father worked as a plate stripper on offset printers. Originally from Kansas, he had fought for the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War. Anarchists made up one part of the fragile Republican coalition, and for a brief period they controlled Barcelona. “Most people don’t think anarchism is a bad idea. They think it’s insane,” says Graeber. “Yeah, sure it would be great not to have prisons and police and hierarchical structures of authority, but everybody would just start killing each other. That wouldn’t work, right?” Graeber’s father, however, had seen it work. “So it wasn’t insane. I was never brought up to think it was insane.”

Source:www.businessweek.com...
This just shows to me the extent to which we're controlled. The very word anarchists has become the exact opposite of what it really is.
When people act like grown, civilized adults there are no need for hierarchical structures of authority.
Maybe that's why the moochers who stay at the top of our hierarchical structures of authority make damn good and sure we never get to that point.

I'm an anarchist. David Graeber is not an anarchist. He's a willing tool.

As an anarchist I support castrating the state by terminating its ability to wage war. It wages war with money. It gets money from taxes.

OWS is screaming for the state to collect more taxes. Every dollar - whether from a prince or pauper - equals one more dead Libyan.

OWS are fools trapped in the false dichotomy. They have a rapist on their block (corporations) and they want to keep him in check by giving a gun to the serial killer who also lives there (the government).

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm starting to see a pattern emerging here. We've always had our fair share of paid shills and disinformation agents here at ATS but recently they seem to be coming in droves, starting with the anti-Ron Paul lot and now the anti-OWS shills.

I do wonder what the pay is like, must be worth it to sell ones humanity.

edit on 6/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
occupy cult? Do you even know what a cult even is ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Maybe the serial killer is on the rapists payroll?
Someone needs to call the system for all the crap it's been pulling, and OWS is doing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Maybe the serial killer is on the rapists payroll?
Someone needs to call the system for all the crap it's been pulling, and OWS is doing it.

LOL, they are indeed!

Most revolutions I know have the establishment quaking in their boots, not politely complimenting them at $25,000-plate fundraisers, like Obama and Pelosi (both of whom have JP Morgans Chase and Goldman Sachs among their top 5 campaign contributors).

Here's a handy pocket guide -

Real Revolution: The King is trying to flee the country as his advisors are being marched to the guillotine. (see: France 1789)

Fake Revolution: The King is saying he stands in solidarity with the revolutionaries. (see: U.S. 2011)
edit on 6-11-2011 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusRye

As an anarchist I support castrating the state by terminating its ability to wage war. It wages war with money. It gets money from taxes.

OWS is screaming for the state to collect more taxes. Every dollar - whether from a prince or pauper - equals one more dead Libyan.

Damn straight,
I'm truly surprised that more people on ATS don't see the connection between their funding of a government, and the atrocities that it commits. If you pay taxes, you are supporting the war effort, you are supporting the erosion of your freedoms, you are supporting all of the things that you claim to hate about your government. If we all really wanted to have a peaceful revolution, all we would have to do is STOP PAYING INCOME TAX!
OWS doesn't seem to get that point either.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Damn straight,
I'm truly surprised that more people on ATS don't see the connection between their funding of a government, and the atrocities that it commits. If you pay taxes, you are supporting the war effort, you are supporting the erosion of your freedoms, you are supporting all of the things that you claim to hate about your government. If we all really wanted to have a peaceful revolution, all we would have to do is STOP PAYING INCOME TAX!
OWS doesn't seem to get that point either.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

Great point. As vile as an evil Wal-Mart is, I'd rather they keep their money and spend it on gold-plated Learjets and spa holidays in Fiji for the Walton family than give it to the USGov to develop better ways to kill more Arabs.

Auschwitz wasn't built with love. It was built with the tax remittances of the Volkswagen corporation.

There's an alternative to neuter the corportocracy other than "Make the State Bigger and Badder!" A real revolutionary movement would be advocating that avenue. The fact OWS isn't shows it's just a rather small, sad, pathetic Obama 2012 campaign rally.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't see Obama standing in solidarity with the protesters, I see a typical politician tenuously testing the waters for any political gain.
Hopefully there's none to be had for him.
As far as the French Revolution type scenario that you're hoping for, realistically speaking, I don't see any chance of that remotely happening.

edit on 6-11-2011 by jlv70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I don't see Obama standing in solidarity with the protesters, I see a typical politician tenuously testing the waters for any political gain.

I guess we see what we want to see.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Creepy looking Dr. David Graeber

He doesn't look creepy at all to me. And how juvenile to attack his appearance in an attempt to discredit him. Also, rubbish thread title. Hate makes one quite bitter and nasty, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Creepy looking Dr. David Graeber

He doesn't look creepy at all to me.

Have you ever noticed how ugly people tend to date other ugly people? I've often wondered if the physically unattractive see beauty in those like them? Perhaps your contribution to this thread has helped us all learn a bit about human perception. Kudos to you, sir.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Beauty is obviously subjective, and not objective, however, I stand by the position that an honest evaluation by most people of average or (like me) above average physical characteristics will see this thing -

- as a giving one a bit of the heeby-jeebies. Remind me not to let him babysit my niece.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You're right on that.
It seems like your problem with OWS is that they're not doing what you want them to do. They're not doing everything I want them to do either. That's life.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You're right on that.
It seems like your problem with OWS is that they're not doing what you want them to do. They're not doing everything I want them to do either. That's life.

My dog crapping on the carpet is an example of something doing something I don't want it to do.

Obama murdering 20,000 Libyans doesn't fall into that category. Neither does OWS.

The mere existence of OWS - as a corporate-controlled "steam valve" to relieve revolutionary pressure - is an affront. It neuters the possibility of any real movement forming. A real, spontaneous revolutionary movement can't form when the Official State/Corporate-Sanctioned revolutionary movement has sapped all the attention.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The mere existence of OWS - as a corporate-controlled "steam valve" to relieve revolutionary pressure - is an affront. It neuters the possibility of any real movement forming. A real, spontaneous revolutionary movement can't form when the Official State/Corporate-Sanctioned revolutionary movement has sapped all the attention.

I see what you're saying there, and you make a good point, but OWS being state sponsored has yet to be seen. Right now, they're the only show in town.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I see what you're saying there, and you make a good point, but OWS being state sponsored has yet to be seen. Right now, they're the only show in town.

You clearly don't see what I'm saying.

It's been quite clearly seen a thousand ways from Sunday. Just one example - in NY they are using the facilities of the American Federation of Teachers, an organization of agents (employees) of the state. Further, this organization has endorsed Obama, who - in turn - is funded by JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs. This is one of many of the Statist groups supporting OWS. OWS wants more taxes - taxes that feed the War Machine. Every dollar collected, whether from a prince or a pauper, funds one more dead Arab killed by the U.S. government.

This is a group endorsed by Nancy Pelosi, who is owned by Wells Fargo and the Mortgage Bankers Association. You think Wells Fargo would let Pelosi endorse OWS if it went against their interests? You think Wells Fargo would keep writing the checks to Pelosi (as they are doing) if it went against their interests?

OWS is a steam valve. It's the ultimate distraction. Monopolize the resistance with an obedient, polite, gaggle of a few dozen protestors that have no real hope of doing anything and release the building pressure of a real revolt.

OWS are useful idiots. Sycophants, collaborators. Love seeing cops beat the crap out of them. Unfortunately it happens very rarely because the state supports and loves them.

new topics

top topics

join