It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel government, security services websites down in suspected cyber-attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I guess Anonymous has been busy after all.

Several Israeli government websites crashed on Sunday in what appeared to be a cyber-attack by hackers. The websites of the IDF, Mossad and the Shin Bet security services were among the sites that went down, as well as several government portals and ministries. The apparent attack comes after the international cabal of hackers known as Anonymous threatened a cyber-attack on the Israeli government’s computers in response to its interception of a Gaza-bound flotilla on Friday.

Source:www.haaretz.com...< br />
Here's the video Anonymous put out about this:

They did say it wasn't Facebook they were after, love them or hate them, love what they did or not, they did accomplish something.
I'm by no means an expert on Middle Eastern policy issues, but I can't help but to think that Israel could come up with a more diplomatic way of dealing with the economic blockade of the Gaza strip.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Anonymous, if you're reading this for some strange reason, please keep the punches rolling. Don't stop with this. Next step is to override the air waves and make the public watch what you uncover. Please?!

Just got to thinking, they're probably gonna blame Iran. You should prolly leave a calling card somewhere.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Hmm cant have these damn hackers taking down websites can we, not now business needs the net and uses it so much, internet censorship anyone, that is all i see coming from the agenda of anonymous, kind of a little too well planned i.m.h.o.

But i am prepared to be wrong if anyone wants to correct me?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

One need only ask Hosni Mubarak about the effectiveness of shutting down the internet to quell domestic internal strife.
I like Anonymous because they stand against existing power structures. Keeping in mind the fact that power corrupts I think this is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Something is wrong here.
So Anon is askeered of a couple of mexicans with guns but is not askeered of a terrorist state?
Methinks there be some theatre here.
Oh well, we'll blame Iran it's ok.
Just another bunch of brown men, women and children to kill in the name of corporate interest.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The cartels are a helluva lot more than "a couple of Mexicans with guns".
I'd be scared of them too. Probably not too smart to challenge them in the first place.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I did some quick digging on the Zeta Cartel deal and found this:

Barrett Brown, a sometimes spokesman for the hacker collective Anonymous, said Thursday that the Zeta Mexican cartel had freed a kidnapped member of its group, but that he would continue to battle the violent gang on his own, outside of Anonymous. The issue has divided the hacker community, with some Anonymous members calling for Brown to be stopped lest he get someone killed. Brown was unmoved, arguing in a Thursday Pastebin note that he will not abandon the plan "simply because there is a possibility of retaliation."

Is Anonymous afraid? I wouldn't blame them if they were. Or could it be that Barret Brown was going in to territory they're not prepared to deal with?

Anonymous members in Mexico reportedly have access to documents that expose those who have worked with the cartel. Brown said in an earlier YouTube video that Anons were working dilgently to verify the authenticity in order to avoid exposing innocent people to danger. On Thursday night, Brown said "those who have been in possession of the e-mails have promised to provide them to me alone, which is to say that everything that proceeds from now on is my own work, and not that of Anonymous."

You could argue that perhaps the majority of Anonymous was against the release of the documents for fear of innocent casualties.
Source:www.pcmag.com...=bzcafh_EBkc
One of the things I can't help but to notice is that when it comes to Anonymous or OWS is the amount of distrust involved. Sowing distrust within the ranks of your opponents is a textbook way to control any opposition.
As it stands Anonymous and OWS have less power than the people they're opposing, if they ever get in a position where they have more power than the people they're opposing, that's when I will be wary of them.
edit on 6-11-2011 by jlv70 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by jlv70 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join