It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate After Flotilla Is Stopped

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

edit on 6-11-2011 by VariableConstant because: pointless. apologies

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Wow.

It is like the 1920's and 1930's are happening all over again.

A certain Führer would be proud of you, young padawan.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I don't know, I wasn't there, but ....

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This is called MOB rule and way too many supporters bend over backwards in a near super human contortionist effort to justify their actions or play it off as just a few bad apples.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The controversy over the Reuters piece involved them linking Soros to OWS that they had to retract. Right wing bloggers don't cut it with me any more than left wing bloggers would cut it with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What is absurd in the threatre known as OWS and the double standard that far too many people have defending them.

Ridiculous

What do you suggest we do to fix this country??? What can we do?! Do we try and fix a rigged system by playing by its rules? We can't elect a candidate that is going to offer real change through our false 2 party system mentality.. a 3rd party candidate is unelectable because the MSM is bought and paid for by these political parties and their corporate controllers and delegitimize anyone who is a threat to this corruption that is so pervasive and ingrained into the system that we are getting to the point of no return.

Considering the MSM's plan of ignore and attack it's amazing this many people are out there protesting and that they are as organized as they are not everyone is going to protest for the same reasons.. and some are being manipulated but it is the best we can do.. the longer we wait the harder it will be.

You can sit here and complain about the government from your computer and criticize OWS.. but you are only helping the corruption. What are you doing to help this problem? Are you waiting for the entire country to protest in the way you want them to for the exact same reasons you are? The problems of this government are too numerous and the citizens too uninformed for that to ever happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No!

Indeed!

All those accounts of Anti Semitism that so many dismissed finally rears its ugly head thought it was about Wall Street so tell me what the hell does the Israeli Consulte have to do with anything?

Oh if it looks like a Nazi and "protests" like a Nazi its a Nazi.

OWS is totally worthless.

maybe people are tired of the united states government taking orders from israel. tired of fighting their wars and tired of having american presidential candidates vetted by aipac.

and american politicians are doing nothing to change that perception. it seems you need the approval of the american jewish community before you can even think of running for office.

the republican debates pretty much proved that.

and who can forget presidential candidate obama wearing his yarmulka standing in front of the wailing wall in jerusalem.

can you imagine the uproar if he went to the vatican and knelt down in st. peter's basilica in rome in front of a statue of Christ.

edit on 6-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

Well that's an interesting rant against FOX news. Thanks for clearing that up. I wouldn't know I never watch it. But for me all News outlets are suspect that includes but not limited to....

RT, BBC, PressTV, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN....

They ALL try to spin the News in their favor....

edit on 6-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

There is no media available that is free from Bias.. None are to be fully trusted. MSNBC and FOX news are the most readily recognizable to have bias and corruption to any who watch.. I'm just pointing out how your views on Israel are the exact same as Fox news. That should say something to you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by sonnny1

Then what the hell is the Goddamn message?

See its becoming a shell game where they can protest ANYTHING in the name of OWS,and call it OWS,even though it never meant anything connected to OWS.Of course if it doesnt fly with the many supporters of this movement,and they cant conveniently convince themselves this is part of the message,they will call it a fringe offshoot of OWS. Plausible denial anyone? No agenda here,right? EVERYTHING goes with this protest......

Sonny1, you have inspired me! First thing in the morning, I'm venturing forth to join OWS. My protest issue will be OWS.

That's right, goddammit! I'm going to Occupy OWS!

They themselves have said that there is no one message, and anything goes. I think it's time to give a practical demonstration of the fallacy of that logic.

That is my chosen issue.

#Occupy OWS!

Hey maybe you are right, we could all go and protest with our local OWS. There's one in my city also. I still have my Baillout Lady Liberty sign and Baillout the Constitution signs leftover from the Tea Party rallies. They are huge too, and attention getters, made up professionally at Kinkos with gifs created by a friend of mine. I can call up my friend who attended the Tea Parties with me, and he can bring his giant flag.....he's a Korean War veteran.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

The system is so corrupt explain the existence of Ron Paul corporations or Wall Street write his legislation?

No. OWS is not saying anything i haven't heard for the past year on here there is not one original thought among them.

Fix the country shrink the Government's power and control and influence the solution is there not stamping your feet and crying about thing's and the place to do that is where Ron Paul is.

Washington D.C.
edit on 6-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Let me first apologize! I got the global warning thing from this post, because I misread when you said:

Some may think think that environmental concerns, gmo's, pharmaceuticals, or even, yes, the actions of our bestest buddy and "strongest ally" Israel may be something to protest about. You get that many people together, of course there will differences of opinion and priority.

Now let me respond to the rest of your post.

The day I require enlightenment from you will be a sad one indeed.

You have been enlightened! You won’t realize it for a few days. Wait for it!

OK, Captain America. Try looking around yourself. Maybe it's all sunshine and rainbows in Texas, but plenty of people are hurting badly in this country. Some people are actually trying to do something about it. Misguided? Perhaps, I'd agree with that. But the point is, nothing will change without people in the streets standing up and calling for it.

The 10% that are on the streets don’t represent the 99%. And YES most of them are unemployed.

Seriously, you may want to look a little more closely into the "domestic" ones. That's what the protests are really all about. You may actually be on their side without realizing it.

TPTB are the problem. AGREED!! The problem is that OWS is going after the wrong people. The government is the problem…not the free market...not Wall Street....not conservatives! When we get REAL campaign finance reform and real accountability we won’t have the problems we have now. Go after the right villain!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

reply to post by Drezden

Well that's an interesting rant against FOX news. Thanks for clearing that up. I wouldn't know I never watch it. But for me all News outlets are suspect that includes but not limited to....

RT, BBC, PressTV, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN....

They ALL try to spin the News in their favor....

There is no media available that is free from Bias.. None are to be fully trusted. MSNBC and FOX news are the most readily recognizable to have bias and corruption to any who watch.. I'm just pointing out how your views on Israel are the exact same as Fox news. That should say something to you.

Actually, it does tell me something. It tells me you are a Fox News viewer. Otherwise you wouldn't know their views on Israel in order to be able to compare those views with Slayers.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Hey maybe you are right, we could all go and protest with our local OWS. There's one in my city also. I still have my Baillout Lady Liberty sign and Baillout the Constitution signs leftover from the Tea Party rallies. They are huge too, and attention getters, made up professionally at Kinkos with gifs created by a friend of mine. I can call up my friend who attended the Tea Parties with me, and he can bring his giant flag.....he's a Korean War veteran.

I say we do it. Not to "take them over" or anything like that, but just to protest our own chosen issues. Just remember, in order to "Occupy" them, you have to... occupy them! Get right in the middle of them with great big signs.

maybe call some of those "slanted" news media outlets, give 'em a heads up, see how they can slant it,,,

#OCCUPY OWS!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

The system is so corrupt explain the existence of Ron Paul corporations or Wall Street write his legislation?

No. OWS is not saying anything i haven't heard for the past year on here there is not one original thought among them.

Oh this is just getting childish now.

The corruption does not penetrate all state level government. There surely are a lot of senators and Reps who are bought and paid for by corporations.. but there are some good politicians like Ron Paul scattered throughout. However, senators and representatives do not have enough influence on the federal government to be a threat worthy of removing.

If you believe the corporations, media, and governments would allow a candidate like Ron Paul to actually win the presidential election then you may have serious delusions. There have been candidates like Ron Paul in the past, Nader..etc. Sure they didn't have as much support or weren't as popular as Ron
.. but none-the-less they were genuine patriots. If Ron Paul did win the election he would be assassinated if his actions mirrored his talk.

There has been too must invested to let someone like Ron Paul make serious changes to the federal government and fix the corruption and abhorrent interpretations of the constitution.

Ron Paul will not be allowed to derail or undue what has been built up for decades and decades.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
what they should have done is completely surrounded the consulate and prevented any staff from leaving the building...

No!

What they should BE doing is clarifying their stance on why they are occupying Wall Street in the first place. If they are going to be conducting these types of activities then they should become a real political entity with leadership, direction, content and have a real Agenda.

Not MOB rule.

Pfft - come on Slayer - the occupy movement is about anger and frustration. You know that, you don't need me to spell out the how's and they why's. Just because theirs no true and certain direction does not mean these people are wasting their time. If anything it's a rallying cause for the next generation.

Gotta think outside the box sometimes.

Maybe you missed the hundreds of thousands of banners, placards and signs? The one's with the messages against the corporations, banks, politicians and leaders whom have dragged our countries into this corporate led state of hellish affairs.

--

On another note - why do people suddenly turn stupid/blind when they see people ACTUALLY protesting and then throw comments like 'these people don't know what they are protesting about'..... Maybe these people should READ THE PLACARDS!!!

Here's a helpful (if not a little sarcastic tip) - Go on google. Go to google images. Type in 'occupy wallstreet' - open your eyes and click on the hundreds of thousands of images and READ the signs.

It's very, very easy to mock these protesters, call them sheep or useless or unorganised. But if you follow my tips above, you will see that a lot of these people DO know why they're there.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
its absolutley relevant to protest isreal. we give insane amounts of foriegn aid to isreal.

as far as the comments defending isreals right to blockade palestine, really isreal wasnt a country untill 1947(not talking 2k years ago) no matter what side your on the whole situation was forced in 1947 and has since escalated to disgusting on both sides. in the end why do we fund this level of disgusting? to defend one religous state from another?? bring our tax dollars home get out of the middle east now!

p.s. luv the comment about how the evil palestines had to be killed by the king of jordan for trying to overthrow the government???? did you forget where america came from?? defending the rights of monarchs now???

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Actually, it does tell me something. It tells me you are a Fox News viewer. Otherwise you wouldn't know their views on Israel in order to be able to compare those views with Slayers.

From what I've been saying I obviously do not support Fox news, or lend it credibility. So what exactly are you doing? You ignore and deflect my questions and statements and instead waste bandwidth with a childish joke? Add something to the debate please deny ignorance.

The same MSM that convinced Americans to support the illegal war of Iraq.. the same MSM that convinced Americans to support the Patriot Act.. the same MSM that has had the volatile reaction to 9/11 truthers is telling people to blindly support Israel.

Whether you watch Fox news or not is irrelevant.. the fact that all MSM is corrupt and biased is irrelevant.

The simple truth is your views and beliefs on Israel are the exact same as Fox news. When you are in complete agreement with a MSM corporation like Fox news on an issue so big that it effects the entire world.. you need to make sure you have all the information and don't just assume you are looking at the situation from an unbiased perspective just because you don't watch Fox.

Imagine (HYPOTHETICAL) if in the Koran it stated that England was the promise land of Allah's chosen people the Muslims.. and Saudi Arabia decided to make a Muslim nation by taking land away from England.. and then oppressing the English people in there own land.. how would you view that? Do you think America would invade England along with some European countries to try to kick out the occupiers?

People need to look at this from the other perspective. You can't take land away from people and expect some to not become violent.. and then you punish everyone because of the violence of some. It's absurd to think the situation will get any better if this cycle keeps going.

edit on 11/6/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

Could you possibly embrace ignorance any harder? You claimed that Occupiers would never protest Obama, I proved you wrong. It is rare to find a politician that can't be bought off these days, so what good will demanding resignations do at this point in time. We need to find the right people to vote into those offices and I personally do not care what their political leanings are if they do the will of the people and not the will of whoever donates the most money.

First pandering to him,and actually protesting him are two different things. Lets get that straight. OWS is NOT visiting the White House...........

From your link..........

We won't let Obama get away with being Wall Street's puppet.

How do you suppose you are going to do that? How can it be done in NYC?????

Demanding resignations means EVERYTHING! You think these people are afraid of you??

I applaud the steps,unfortunately your walking forward and backwards at the same time.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I say we do it. Not to "take them over" or anything like that, but just to protest our own chosen issues. Just remember, in order to "Occupy" them, you have to... occupy them! Get right in the middle of them with great big signs.

maybe call some of those "slanted" news media outlets, give 'em a heads up, see how they can slant it,,,

#OCCUPY OWS!

Yes, exactly. If as some here have suggested, OWS really does want everyone and anyone to join, then surely they won't object. But I wonder if I made up a sign that said, oh, something like "End Big Government" it would be interesting to see the reaction.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

If in the Koran it stated that England was the promise land of Allah's chosen people the Muslims.

And could you please explain to me exactly what right they think they have to England?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

If in the Koran it stated that England was the promise land of Allah's chosen people the Muslims.

And could you please explain to me exactly what right they think they have to England?

They have NO right to England THAT IS THE POINT.

In the same way Jews have no right to Israel. The Israel we know and love today was created after WW2.. land was taken and claimed for Israel.

How can you misunderstand that analogy? This tells me people really don't understand how Israel was created.
edit on 11/6/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join