It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate After Flotilla Is Stopped

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have never said that.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Well OWS wanted to grab peoples attention. They have. They've Occupied Wall Street, They've Occupied the Parks, They've Occupied some Bridges and now a Foreign Consulate. How about trying this one on for size...

Occupy the Employment line!

edit on 6-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Occupy the employment line??? What, are you stupid?? There is NO controversy there!! We all know that employment leads to working a few days per week and a productive lifestyle! A career would be completely submitting to the way things are in the world!! OWS will NOT be fooled by JOBS and WORKING and SUBMITTING TO A FUTURE OF SELF RELIANCE and PRODUCTIVITY!! How DARE you expect OWS to WORK!! You’re a FOOL, SLAYER69! Don’t even suggest OWS be American and aspire to something and contribute to our society!!! That kind of thing will NEVER fly at OWS!! Go back and sit on your couch because you obviously don't know what's UP!!

edit on 6-11-2011 by seabag because: add more criticism

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Leaving the only way to address the movement the requirement for politicians to offer solutions for the issues.

Yup... or, you know, just ignore 'em and go on with living... that will work about as well for the politicians, with a lot less effort.

I don't know where you live, but I know it's not in my house. I'm not going to lose any sleep over folks camping in YOUR front yard, y'know?

I might notice them and have something to say if they show up in mine, though... and the fact that they show no leader just means they'd ALL get the water hose.

edit on 2011/11/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh boy, yet another thread that could have led to an important discussion is inundated by the usual suspects saying the same old, tired things yet again.

Some people protesting may think that corporatism and impropriety amongst the financial institutions is something worth speaking up against.

Some may think think that environmental concerns, gmo's, pharmaceuticals, or even, yes, the actions of our bestest buddy and "strongest ally" Israel may be something to protest about. You get that many people together, of course there will differences of opinion and priority.

It is an indictment of our current state of affairs that there are so many things wrong that are deserving of attention. Even if not all the people are on the exact same page, at least they realize that things are seriously screwed up, in many different ways, and are willing to put themselves on the line to bring the spotlight on to these situations. All the bashing is just sad.

link   
reply to post by seabag

You're right..

My bad.

They'd rather plan for the demise of the world....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5273b33791e8.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
reply to post by Zi0nistHunter

Occupy EVERYTHING!

Looks like they are already trying that.

Fighting for the injustices on every corner of the globe.

Sitting, not fighting.

When the USA collapses

Keep on waiting for "when."

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If you are conceding the whats the point in resigning point, then why protest? If people arent willing to demand the resignations and changes, instead opting to say whats the point / why bother / nothign will change, then it begs the question of what the rotests are actually for in the fisrt place.

Kind of self defeating isnt it?

To point behind protests is to not just complain about some action the people dont agree with. It also requires those people to understand the problem and to have alternatives in place should the movement gain support, as OWS did in the begining.

People dont seem to understand than when you reach the protest point, you are going to have to roll your sleeves up and actually work. Simply suggesting its to hard to do anything except porotest does not really call people to the cause or inspire the masses now does it?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I always enjoy the ignorant zionist - nazi accusations. If people actually compared tactics, speech, symbols etc they would see that Hamas could almost be considered the continuation of the 3rd Reich.

to bad people dont bother to look at all sides and tactics used...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Oh boy, yet another thread that could have led to an important discussion is inundated by the usual suspects saying the same old, tired things yet again.

You know, you're right....

I just read this thread --->HERE. What an eye opener.

The posters really made a lot of sense.

edit on 6-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: Spelling. Note to self...need more coffee

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No it's not, for one thing among others, it raises awareness.
Yes, there is hard to work to be done...what makes you think it's not being done? The movement is very young.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Why would they X? They have to keep perpetrating that all is good in the Middle East,as long as Israel isn't there.

Sad actually,all the hate.........................

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Please stay on topic!!!!!

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate After Flotilla Is Stopped

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Never mind. Why bother. Who's gonna listen anyhow?

edit on 2011/11/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So according to that logic...
Anything the group deems is "fair game" regardless of outcome or impact on others? Because it raises awareness. Right?

Occupying a foreign Consulate is OK today,

But what about tomorrow?
Burning down the Post Office because somebody thinks up that the price of a postage stamp is too high?

This is called MOB rule and way too many supporters bend over backwards in a near super human contortionist effort to justify their actions or play it off as just a few bad apples.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If you honestly feel that the rhetoric is true, that Occupiers are nothing but spoiled children crying for hand-outs, why is so much attention being thrown at it? You don't pay attention to a spoiled child having a tantrum you ignore them and go about your business.

I have seen parents do this in public situations, or in a movie theater, or a grocery store, or on a bus. This is an outrageous method of handling a child having a tantrum, to simply just pretend that your ignorance of the tantrum isn't a gross intrusion into every other person's life who is now expected to tolerate this tantrum.

It is reckless and irresponsible to ignore children having tantrums in a crowded area. I think you are taking this whole "it takes a village" thing way too far. Other people should not have to suffer the spoiled antics of your children, and other people should not have to suffer the spoiled antics of your parents child. You have an absolute right to have your tantrum, but it is childish to think your tantrum is productive and that all who suffer it are graced with erudite musings. If you want to be respected, try acting respectable.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zi0nistHunter

Is that the best you got?

Better luck next time..

Adios

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Because now it's getting to where it needs to be. It's not just OWS it's just Occupy. It stopped being OWS when it spread to one other city.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join