It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate After Flotilla Is Stopped

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

I beg to differ. I think we can, with our modern technology, create a direct democracy without leadership by "the elite". Look at Peru and their public utility issues. Look at Switzerland. Before the creation of corporations, most things were held in common by society. Stewardship came before ownership. The most efficient aspects of our modern American culture are publically owned and voted on: Police, emergency services, roads, utilities, schools, etc and they seem to work just fine. The only broken cog in the wheel is the one that allows the "elite" to put their hand in the cookie jar whenever they see fit to do so. This will end soon. Life will be different for those still struggling with the false left-right paradigm. It has been said that one can know they are living under a dictatorship when public policy changes little with each election, regardless of who is perceived to be at the helm....yea, we have been under a tyranny since the Reagen era folks.....but we worship at that alter, right?

"So long as men worship dictators, Caesars and Napoleons will arise to make them miserable."

Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

Set your XBOX/PS3 controller down and wipe the crumbs off your shirt and pay attention...Yeah I've read it and many other versions [There are so many] it's hard to keep track of what their real message is.

Let me ask you a question Professor..

Where in any of that does it state that I'll give up my right to express myself or hand over my free will to a small vocal minority? Because anybody [Who may otherwise side with the group] expresses concern about it's actions gets called neocon, Corporate lackey, shill or the dreaded [You're Asleep Wake up!] Crap.

Go on and be delusional about the groups size and real worth.

Their inability to pull themselves together and lackluster performance thus far only demonstrates how small and insignificant they are becoming. If they truly represented 99% there would be MILLIONS in the streets.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't waste time on games. I don't waste time on TV. I am active in my community and attend almost every political meeting that comes up, sometimes 3-4 per week that span the spectrum from left to right and the message is beginning to sound the same from each....

The individuals you see on TV in their tents are only the foot soldiers. Community support is HUGE and there is a massive cadre of financial and logistical support behind the movement. These supporters work behind the scenes to move and shape public policy and have been doing so for decades. You are only seeing the tip of an iceberg that will completely change the course of our country, our world and its leadership paradigm. I see support from the churches, civic organizations, political organization, radicals both right and left, Birchers, Ron Paul supporters, Democracy Now supporters, communists, Christians, Libertarians, small business owners, GLBT communities, Minority organizations….all of these disparate groups uniting under a common charter to take back freedom and dignity form the powers that be. I have seen Second Amendment activists standing guard over free speech activists. I have seen Born again Christians standing in prayer vigils between liberal, leftist demonstrators and riot police.

Something big is happening here. It is being discussed from pulpits across the world regardless of orientation or affiliation. The message is spreading and people are beginning to wake up to the horrible reality of austerity coming down the pipe.

This movement is organic and collective; it is moving by consensus and without leadership and is not, despite reports, co-optable. I have never seen anything like this. It can't be stopped because it is an idea, not an agenda or a political movement. It is a slow awakening to the absolute horror we have subjected the world to through blind ambition and passive inattention and we are realizing that we may not be able to extricate ourselves collectively unless we do so NOW.

Have you been to visit your local OccupyMovement?
Have you seen the processes at work?

I doubt you have.

Your first visits will probably mess with your head, as it is virtually impossible to find someone in charge. Everyone is a part of the movement and the organization process. There are no spokesmen. Everyone is expected to contribute. Responsibilities are not assigned, they are volunteered for. It is working. Most movements have established a workable system of consensus and are beginning to become more efficient at decision making and logistics. There is a definite tribal organization that remains coherent through electronic communication with its neighboring tribes. Each shares a similar structure and assumes a bit of local flair.

Mark my words…this is a glimpse of our collective future. Get involved. Get famailar.

Go there. Spend a weekend. You will understand that this movement is pan-global and is only in its infancy.

We are using the winter to solidify our processes, our intercommunication, our methodology and our will.
Like the troops at Valley Forge, we are planning our battles and biding our time.

We are organized. We are determined and we have nothing to lose. This isn't going away.

edit on 7-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok
We are organized. We are determined and we have nothing to lose. This isn't going away.

Nobody said that it would go away.

Typical response about ASSUMING though about what I've seen and or done regarding OWS.

Those ASSUMPTIONS are what is killing it. Stop ASSUMING you speak for the silent Majority or ASSUME you know whats best for me or mine and maybe the movement will garner badly needed support. I and quite a few others here believe they are barking up the wrong tree. All that time and energy has been wasted. Take it to Washington. Here is some lite reading....

Enjoy---> Linky

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Step away from the false right-left paradigm. It is broken and there is no recourse in the system. It needs to be replaced, not reinforced. In UTAH, for example, everytime a sizeable group of "leftist" voters manages to gain a foothold in any district, the supermajority here simply changes the boundaries of the voting districts to nullify any chance of choosing a liberal represenative from each district. They do this once or twice per decade without voter input.

The system is broken.
We want a new system.
We aren't going to fall back into that paradigm anymore....

Each protester is speaking for a different concern and have come to a consensus on the very basics only. Everyone here has a different opinion, but agrees on the correct course of action to rectify the big issues.

C'mon out. You might be suprised at what you find.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Step away from the false right-left paradigm.

Yet another example of ASSUMING you know how or what I feel and think.

Simply pathetic.

Anyhoo, I've got to get going. I have a job and need to earn a living. I have a friends birthday coming up and I want to purchase her a nice gift.

It's been nice being talked AT.

edit on 7-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This will only enrage the zionists Israelis further and strengthen their resolve in their actions. This is counter productive in helping the palestinians because they are the ones who will be punished by any criticism or setback of israel. But this is necessary for the long run as it is the awareness of the western populations which is important.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have a job too. I'm there now. Assumptions maybe????

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I have a job too. I'm there now. Assumptions maybe????

You get paid to troll ATS?
Where do I sign up?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindweaver

Troll? Not so much.
Since when is clarifying something that I am an integral part of, personally and directly, considered trolling?
I thought that referred to intentional disinfo and general assiness....

The poster is making assumptions that are simply not true.
I have a job, I own property and pay taxes, I'm over 40, I don't play video games....
By extension, OWS is dying and disorganized, it is confused, it is failing, it claims to represent YOU...
All false assumtions that speak to lack of direct observation. People that take the time to actually go and participate usually have an AHA moment that is expressed linguistically. Those that don't tend to assume the media bias and ascribe a specific, projected, collective intent on the whole OWS movement.

If you actually go and see for yourself, you will understand what I am saying and will be able to see a troll coming from a mile away...

I've been a member of ATS since 2008.
I'm in good standing.
I'm not a troll.

It should be clarified that this movement is, essentially, a REFUSAL movement, Like the fight against privatization of water in Peru or the salt protests that Ghandi was involved in. It doesn't seek to actively change the broken system, it just states an open refusal to participate in the system. It, essentially, is busting the paradigm by refusing to acknowledge the present paradigm as legitimate.

As to getting paid to do this...I would be willing to bet that you sneak a peek at the intertubes on company time as well.....true?

edit on 7-11-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sorry Bro I'm normally on your side of the field but on this game Ima sit it out.
I believe these protestors are wasting time.
This country we call israel has been murdering people in cold blood out in the open even before they formed a country and then throwing distraction propaganda and somehow people forget.
Well, either forget or "cast a blind eye".
You see there are folks out there who simply cannot wait to buy a souvenir of what was the smoldering rubble of israel, then again there are some who believe a book told them to protect these folks for one reason or another, I'd suspect some of these folks never cracked that book and ACTUALLY READ IT, after all the minister wouldn't lie to me!
So you got two sides, equally entrenched in their belief, the media is owned by one of the sides or their supporters, so those on the fence only see the propaganda.
No doubt this protest will be called anti jew anti semitic, too bad some of us do not understand even the words that come out of our mouths.
I don't see this idea working, I'd rather just let open eyes figure things out.
Palestine is now or is soon a "real boy" and will have ....rights ... I thought all humans had rights but I guess rights need to be UN approved nowadays.
Either way I choose to hope for the best, not the least painful but the best.
Maybe this crazy idea will work, I raise my glass and a fist for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It seems to me that it's all linked. Not disconnected topics.

Essentially, stop being dicks, and they'll stop causing problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
But why not instead invade jewish quarters and prevent them from visiting there supermarkets LOL, stop buying from jewish shops etc, its only the same just the other side of the coin.

This is why they get us every time, this is not a jew issue, it is a label issue.
If this label does not make you sympathise me and condem my enemy, I will simply change mine or their label to fit my purpose.
We all have common ground until labels destroy that.
We are human beings, but some see colors or religions Etc., they are half blind.
I do not wish to see jews die nor muslim, nor christian nor any other religion.
But I would love to see the state of israel in rubble.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No worries, we can't always agree

I also kind of think that overall this is a waste of time because in the end it most likely will not make a difference. That is where we have arrived as a society, most of us have accepted defeat.

I hope that eventually all these protests were not a waste of time and some change is accomplished, there are a lot of things that can be improved.

If I were there that day and had no obligations, I would have been more than happy to participate.

Did you see OWS catching on in France? Saw some video footage of Occupy France today

The protesters claimed police brutality but I saw none so it is all speculation.

France has mindless hippies too

edit on 7-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

"They hit us, we bruise.
They cut us, we bleed.
They stole from us, we're poor."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Hold signs and camp out in a pup tent. And get really mad...and stuff."

"..."

They have presented plenty of grievances, but no solutions. This is "griping". If they would actually present a reasonable solution to their issues, maybe we could get somewhere.

/TOA
edit on 7-11-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why is it even here the ows supporters can't get it right. First you get someone telling you ows doesn't have a set goal then someone else posts a "list" of what ows stands for
Like it has been said the ows is using the typical bs to rationalize its actions. Israel has squat to do with the economy. Unless you want to start looking at the other aid that is wasted. IE Hati, Pakistan etc. Someone asked why the naysayers tend to be long time contributing members, I gotta ask why are the majority of ows supporters, members who joined in the last month and a half? The old hippies lament that their goal of peace and love didn't work in the 70's, ows may get to look back and ask why was our protest hijacked to do such bad things!
edit on 7-11-2011 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This shows how anti semitic the occupy protests are the blockade is LEGAL and when u vote in a terrorist group you get treated as one.
edit on 7-11-2011 by knightrider078 because: posted to soon

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Once again, it is a resistance movement. Ala Ghandi.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight.

Occupying the Israeli Consulate is abetter idea than occupying the white house? Or Congress? Or the Supreme Court?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Tea party is a resistance movement then

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join