It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor says woman's death means Occupy Vancouver must be shut down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
VANCOUVER - The death of a woman at the Occupy Vancouver camp means the site has become so unsafe that it must be shut down as soon as possible, says Vancouver's mayor.

Gregor Robertson said Saturday night he's instructed city officials and the chiefs of the fire and police departments to look at how that can be done safely and peacefully.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Good luck with that, with the youtube video I posted in another Vancouver Thread in this section, this will not be peaceful, Vancouver will follow in line more with Oakland most likely.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They do not know how she died, so how can they deem it unsafe?
The woman could have died from natural causes from living out on the streets, or could have had a personal drug problem. I see this ending bad for Occupy Vancouver, because Canadian police can be very brutal, but it will not deter them.

They also failed to mention the OVC medical team keeping someone alive after overdosing, until the ambulance got there, any mention of that one?

People do drugs, and OD, it happens avery hour, of every day.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yea and Vancouver isn't exactly the safest of cities either, their west side always has problems, and they did have the riot after the NHL finals, and the Vancouver 2010 Olympic riots.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
People do drugs, and OD, it happens avery hour, of every day.

You're right,but you know how it is,they only take notice when it suits them...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Shut down the Government responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths over the years.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
While, it sounds like she died not as a result of violence, it is things like this that have me here, encouraging all involved to please remain peaceful and to not respond violently to any aggressive actions by the police or anyone else.

At this point, cities are looking for any excuse to shut them down. Deaths, violence and other similar things are what will cause major crack downs....

If the root cause of the movement and the non-violence that was promised in the beginning, are forgotten.... Then the movement will be lost.

Here we have a woman dead. Granted I don't think she died as a result of any violence. But as you can see, they are using it as an excuse to shut it down.

I hope this does not turn into another Oakland.... The violence does NOT need to spread. If violence over takes the movement, watch how fast the movement fails and watch how fast cities swoop in to shut them down.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join