It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

shift hit the fan. gotta do a lot of work on the kids who are being tuned into ego-centered existences maybe? or possibly actual plague not wrought by metaphysical energies. but then the plague could have been manifested by those in tune with the spirit. cacaraazzy. keep healthy all. much love

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by MCJustJ

The gases from the earth theory makes sense to.
Nice post, but you are wrong about that theory, it's completely absurd imo. Think about the total area the gas would need to cover in order to affect all those places. And why would gas leaks from earthquakes target schools? And why haven't any of the air tests revealed the presence of any dangerous gases? It seems in all instances only certain people were affected. People watching the game didn't become sick, only certain people in the football team and band squad fill ill, some students were completely fine and watched as others started to fall down and throw up. There is no way a gas would act in that way imo. The behavior suggests something is actually propagating between people at a rapid pace, but isn't getting to all of them. Why would only one firefighter get ill, and after examining a sick girl? Think about that. If a gas was still present in the area, you wouldn't expect it to only affect one firefighter.

Hrm, you're right I didn't really think that through. One other thing to go with what you're saying, we would probably still be seeing people getting sick wouldn't we? Or at least for a longer window of time? Would seem so.

Well if no one else does it, I think I might look up Vaccine statistics for these areas and will get back with the results. It has to be something like that. I mean, some people are afraid to even use doorknobs these days, they cover there hands things of that nature. I honestly feel that is worse for you than the actual germs, at least in the long run, cause it seems like a likely cause of this whole situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

The first two (most recent) are probably the most interesting, but the others do most certainly fit the pattern. Here is a general summary of each event:

Event 6

- 23 spontanously ill and go to hospital
- HazMat team and firefighters called in
- same symptoms as other events
- suspected to be carbon monoxide poisoning
- air tests all come back negative

Event 5

- 13 spontanously ill and go to hospital
- emergency responders called in
- no idea what caused the event
- air tests all come back negative

Event 4

- more than 100 ill in same day
- health officials called in
- suspected to be the Norovirus
- entire school disinfected

Event 3

- more than 85 ill in same day

Event 2

- 3 suddenly ill and go to hospital
- the whole event is blacked out

Event 1

- more than 80 ill in same day
- unofficially said to be Norovirus
edit on 7-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
wonder what all their blood types are?
they all might share something in common as to why they all got sick?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
More testing on us poor people I suspect, for me and I admit I have no medical background that I've seen a massive level in infection and outbreaks lately. I realise these virus's mutate but for me the mutation seems to be amazing quick, more like an assisted evolution.

My family seems to be almost always in a state of flu or cold symptoms, my wife who normally is strong as an ox both mentally and physically has almost been wiped out by flu like symptoms over a long period of time.

Now we know that in the UK we have had virus tests done on us in the past, people on London Bridge being sprayed with a flu type formula iirc , but you do have to wonder with the 'theory' of the want to cut down population numbers if we are being tested to find the best possible mass 'cull'. First wipe out those in already poor area's across the world and then start a determined selection process.

Madness, possibly, possible, I think so...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
really sounds like winter vommitting bug. real nasty , comes on real quick and highly contagious. a lot of our hospitals end up closing to the public over here because of it. all you need is one person into a large group of people and spend a few hours together like in school or a football game and everyone will be puking fairly quick. myabe this hasn't been too big a problem in the US before now.

as long as you are a human you will be prone to illness.

no one is dying.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I can understand why some people were vomiting, for instance, the firefighter, after such a brief exposure. Humans have developed an evolutionary response which is involuntary...if a human smells even a faint smell of vomit, that human will also vomit. It developed because humans are tribal, and if one of your tribe was poisoned or ill, its to try to evacuate your own stomach as you probably ate the same thing the ill person did. So its to stop you getting ill too.
In these cases, with the absence of gas....although natural gas doesn't smell (the smell is added later on so it can be detected if indoors/enclosed), then it could very well be norovirus, or one of many similar 24 hour stomach bugs...coupled with the human instinct to vomit when near to someone else who is ill.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by galactix

I thought the same thing. The map shows a sort of 'Ring of Fire' in Central USA. Isn't that the area where a lot of birds and fish were dying as well? I think whatever happened to these people was something in the air. Ridiculous to think it was a sudden onset of the flu.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
The fact that they even offered Norovirus as a possibility is ridiculous.

I was actually expecting something similar to this being described to show up between Sept-Nov 2011. But I'm still not certain if this is what I was expecting. So I'll just babble and try to get a little feedback.

Over the summer I was reading about a mysterious illness that hit 8 provinces of China in 2010. By the end of 2010 it had spread outside of China into Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea (?).

Originally in China the first who caught were men who visited brothels. (same thing as those who 1st caught SARS) With this other new disease, the men got sick and began vomiting, nausea, dizziness, and headaches within 24 hours even if they used a condom--so protected sex. Then within 4-6 months their symptoms got worse and their T-cell count dropped below 400. The Chinese government covered it up and said it was "psychological". C'mon here "psychological" in 8 different provinces AND 4-5 other countries?!!!

Also health workers and physicians examining the men claimed to catch it. One physician contended that he examined a patient, touching his skin without gloves, and same thing--within 24 hours vomiting, nausea, dizziness, and headaches. The physician in question also believed that he had infected his wife & child and that at some outdoor event that he may have infected people he hugged.

Then there were workers at offices who thought they caught it from sharing phones. Children in schools who thought they caught it from other kids. But China claimed "it was all psychological."

The physician in question wrote a letter to the Chinese Ministry of Health contending that the pathogen was real. He claimed that after the initial symptoms (vomiting, nausea, dizziness, headaches) that within a few months he, a physician, his CD4 T-cell count dropped below normal.

(Physician Yang Ruiming said) My CD4 cells are now 386, as measured by Zhongshan Medical University, Fifth Affiliated Hospital, Zhuhai City.
-snip-
The doctors and experts have overlooked a very important test result: that the number of CD4 cells in these patients is generally lower than normal: these patients have a CD4 count usually between 300 to 700, although some patients are in the normal CD4 range. Normal CD4 values are between 800 and 1200. This essentially is the situation with these patients.

Post #60: Translation from Chinese-to-English Letter to the Chinese Ministry of Health, written by Yang Ruiming

Some claim it's a virus while others think it is a bacterium. But the Chinese government kept saying that it was "all psychological" and anyone with it was treated as a nutjob. I don't see how they could be nuts if CD4 counts dropped. They had to be ill with something.

The physician Yang Ruiming claimed that the mysterious illness spreads through any bodily secretion:
1) saliva or sharing eating utensils
2) sweat or contact with sweat
3) urine
4) sex

I figured that San Francisco would be the first to catch it in the US, but if it surfaced there San Franciscans infected would probably be ignored. However, San Francisco has many conventions for Silicon Valley and men visiting the city might bring it home to other areas of the country.

So projected most likely transmissions:
Travelling men at conventions > their wives/children > into schools
Swinger communities > into their kids > into schools
Prostitutes > into children directly or their johns to kids > into schools

I figured it would be NOTICED by the time it began spreading through the children.
#1) Children involved in contact sports since it spreads through contact with sweat
#2) Elementary schools with contact/PE classes.
#3) Events or groupings with children huddled together.

Don't know if this is what it is. But the initial symptoms are the vomiting-nausea-dizziness. Then after a few months it progresses to a symptom list of:
skin rashes, vomiting after meals, diarrhea, pharyngitis, night sweats, generalized weakness, oral ulcers-gingivitis, rapid weight loss, arrhythmia, sleep seizures, paralysis of limbs, lymphatic swelling and pain
loss of CD4 cells CAUSING susceptibility
a) to viruses like Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, Hep & other viruses
b) to bacteria like pneumonia, meningitis, abscesses, septicemia
c) fungi infections of skin, soft tissues & mucous membranes

But it will take 4-6 months after the vomiting phase to see if the kids have the rest of the symptoms.

April 2011-Sept 2011: Mysterious disease in China
March 2010-April 2011: Mysterious disease in China
edit on 7-11-2011 by MapMistress because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

A flu/HIV hybrid? Both are retroviruses.....that is a very disturbing idea

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This may or may not have anything to do with these cases, but there is a company under investigation (who's name I will withhold, should not be too hard to find) for sending "reconditioned" applesauce to public schools kitchens. Reconditioned food is food products that companies have in stock that go bad with bacteria and mold that they put through a process that "reconditions" (kills bact/mold) to make it safe for public consumption.

Although this process is perfectly legal to feed us masses rot-gut food products (the process is FDA approved) the FDA however has made it illegal to ship these products to public schools as the process has been shown in many cases to not kill all molds and bacteria 100% if my understanding is correct. My source tells me that since it is a legal process, unless someone turns a company in or a case of sickness in the school system prompts investigations most companies can get away with illegally sending this crud to our children.

Something prompted the investigation of said company........I just wonder if this could be related? Bacteria and mold introduced in ones system at sufficient levels can cause all of those symptoms listed and worse to include death....our children's immune systems are weaker at their younger ages I would assume it would not take as much to set off such "mild" symptoms.

Just me thinking

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

There was this incidence at the British Museum, London UK August 2010. The museum was evacuated after some people reported itchy eyes, sore throat and nausea.....nothing was mentioned about it again, and noone was hospitalised. Nothing was ever reported to have been found, and it was business as usual the following day. Put it down to a hush up, or just some outgassing of the exhibits preserving chemicals....an acetate or formaldehyde based gas (purely based on the itchy eyes and sore throat).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Filtereyez

How the hell is that even legal!!!
Urgh!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Wow. That is just plain scary. I seriously hope you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
please, this fearmongering has to stop.

What is winter vomiting disease?

Winter vomiting disease is caused by the small round structured virus (SRSV), also known as the Norwalk-like virus or norovirus.
Norovirus lives in the gut and is passed from person to person by poor hygiene after using the bathroom - not washing hands properly after using the toilet and then touching toilet handles, seats, door handles and so on.
It can also be spread when someone vomits and small aerosols containing the virus enter the air.

Symptoms of winter vomiting disease

Only very small amounts of the virus are needed to cause illness and it's easily spread in closed communities, such as hospitals, schools and cruise ships.
The incubation period is usually between 24 and 48 hours. This is followed by severe and sudden projectile vomiting, diarrhoea and fever symptoms, which last about 48 hours.

Treatment and recovery from winter vomiting disease

Although the infection's unpleasant, it's rarely dangerous. There's no specific treatment, but rest and drinking plenty of water are recommended. A bigger problem is eradicating it fully.
Practising good hygiene by washing hands regularly reduces the chance of passing on the infection. People with the winter vomiting bug should stay off work while the symptoms persist and for about two days afterwards, when they're still infectious.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 7-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

also known as the Norwalk-like virus or norovirus.
It isn't the norovirus. And do you want to know why?

The incubation period is usually between 24 and 48 hours.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
A high school foot ball game is out side so carbon would not be the problem at leas not there..We here about this every year...It is the stomach flu..Its normal....Intestinal flu..They will all be ok

So-called "stomach flu" doesnt exist.It isnt "normal" though I do agree it couldnt be carbon monoxide outside. There are many food borne infections such as Norwalk virus and certain types of Staph that can cause those symptoms and fairly quickly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Good Day all,

Came across this - (UK Related) Thousands Suffer

Not sure its directly related but certainly some similarities

The bug, known variously as Norwalk virus and SRSV (small roundstructured virus), often starts with the sudden onset of severe and explosive sickness Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'It is a very clever virus. It is pretty good at spreading itself. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I personally doubt there is any organisation doing this intentially but i cant help but feeling some news is being held back to avoid people from panicking.
Stay safe.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Somewhat related, the symptoms are just headache and dizziness, wasn't located at a school, very well may be caused by glue, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Carpet glue likely problem as eight Boca West Country Club employees sent to hospitals

edit on 7-11-2011 by bottle because: linkystuff

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 7anked

Nice find. They claim it's the norwalk/norovirus in that article. But they are lying.

Schools have been particularly badly hit by the outbreak.

One of the first affected was Fowey Community College in Cornwall, where half the 1,100 children called in sick on one day last week.
What's that... 550 people ill in one day?

Britain's leading infections expert, Professor Hugh Pennington, called the bug the 'Mike Tyson of viruses'.
So it's virtually the strongest virus out there?

But it was more difficult to study the SRSV in the lab under microscopes compared with salmonella and E.coli, he added.

Many patients do not go to see their doctor and if they do they are unlikely to take a sample that would confirm the nature of the illness.
Well that's convenient isn't it?

The infection usually starts with the sudden onset of severe and explosive sickness, known as projectile vomiting. The victim can be absolutely fine one minute and then vomiting the next.
But a norwalk/norovirus infection doesn't 'start' with a sudden onset of explosive sickness! It's clearly documented that there's a 24 to 48 hour incubation period! It's extremely unlikely that so many people could reach the explosive stage all at the same time (in the most recent cases they were all sick within minutes or seconds of each other).
edit on 7-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join