It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
well, until we get more reports and people start dropping like flies, I am not going to get too worried about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Made me wonder, did everyone who fell ill get their flu shots? Wouldn't it be freaky if they all did?

And, wouldn't it be terrible if they said it WAS the flu and put even more pressure on people getting these flu shots, even if these people who got sick had gotten flu shots?

Might be just a crazy conspiracy... but that's what this website is all about, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

all i know is i feel something coming. I have a good feeling on the inside but all signs are pointing to bad

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik3ymik3
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go there read that then tell me what you think??
edit on 6-11-2011 by mik3ymik3 because: left information out

The part about the Firefighter doesn't fit the Norovirus scenario. He got sick way too fast for it to be Norovirus. I don't have a clue...however, the CDC will never tell us what it is until it's too late if it is something out of their control.

This is just weird...if this continues unanswered it could be that someone somewhere has definitely altered the DNA/RNA of a virus and has began releasing a fast acting strain in certain areas to see cause and effect. It would take a high level of equipment and knowledge to accomplish this and not many people can do that with ease. Also, the pattern, times of illness and distribution across the map are suspicious to me. Since October 28th, plenty of time has passed to determine if it is a known virus.

Something smells fishy

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
there is this storey but it does not seem to mention the headaches, so it does not explain everything.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

i am unsure how old the story is, i can only see the date at the top of the web page which is the 7th of nov 2011, but this storey could be older for all i know as i cannot see a date on the actual storey.

also it mentions it lasting 2-3 days which is not the case when it happened in our kids school. it was mainly while in school and once outside then the symptoms would start to go away.
edit on 6-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

I siad this earlier, and it might bear repeating. When a person who is nauseated throws up around other people, it often triggers others getting sick. If there is a bug going around, and people are all trying to fight it and keep going, they might possibly not be able to stop the sight of someone else vomiting from making them follow suit.

Now, I'm not suggesting in all cases that it is a sympathetic reaction. But I think it is one explanation for the sudden 'sickness' of so many in the open air at a football game.

It has been reported that the symptoms were not long lasting. If any kid had severe symptoms that lasted, then the parents and other people who knew would NOT just keep quiet. It would make news. So, I think that the likelihood of it being some kind of terrorist attack with biological weapons is stretching it a lot.

I've seen my old school have 200 kids out at a time, with as many in class sick during an outbreak of one thing or another. It happens. And they sometimes have to close school to disinfect desks and surfaces. But the normal operating procedure in our school was to stay open unless the staff all got sick and they couldn't run easily with a large number of substitutes.

This IS the time of year when these bugs pop up in schools. It's a breeding ground for infection because kids are cooped up together and coughing on each other.

Before we jump to the extreme conclusions, it might be good to eliminate the more likely ones first, no?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

People are getting sick fast, so why hasent it spread further, and faster. If a firefighter shows up on scene and catches whatever it it, whats to stop it from making its way through the world at a rapid pace,and if CDC dosent know, or have a cure, than what?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cytra
Made me wonder, did everyone who fell ill get their flu shots? Wouldn't it be freaky if they all did?

And, wouldn't it be terrible if they said it WAS the flu and put even more pressure on people getting these flu shots, even if these people who got sick had gotten flu shots?

Might be just a crazy conspiracy... but that's what this website is all about, isn't it?

About the flu shot...

Flu Shot
Vaccine Selection

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Or is the flu shot the posion, disease, whatever.Is that why schools are having students fall out because i belive there required at schools to have flu shots

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Holy cow!!! Yes, Alcott School had ALOT of people sick all on the same day. Students and teachers. At least 4 full classrooms sick. Thats crazy that you posted this, Im from Hastings and was wondering if this had happened anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Norovirus and rotavirus, which are common causes of viral gastroenteritis, are transmitted by the faecal-oral route and are passed from person to person by contact, entering the body in food or water. So all of these people at each location would have had to consume the same foods for it to be a Norovirus...that would be easy for the CDC to determine.
Norovirus was the very first explanation they came up with. I highly doubt it is the real cause of these illnesses. But they did claim the Norovirus is air-born, so I don't think they all would need to eat the same food if it was Norovirus. Food poisoning has been ruled out in many of these cases anyway because most of the students ate different foods at different times.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can remember being in grade school
and a virus broke out. Kids were lined
up sick in the halls waiting for parents
to come get them. I would say about
60% of the kids in school got sick on
this one day. A virus can get around
quickly but not as close together
as these students and the fireman
became sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Please tell your teachers about this and show them this thread. They are most likely under the impression this hasn't happened at any other schools.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik3ymik3

People are getting sick fast, so why hasent it spread further, and faster. If a firefighter shows up on scene and catches whatever it it, whats to stop it from making its way through the world at a rapid pace,and if CDC dosent know, or have a cure, than what?

Tthe CDC and/or WHO and other organizations affiliated with them are the only ones capable of producing something so profound and fast acting. They are also the only ones who could correct the issue. It probably isn't fair for me to be saying this, but it is my opinion.

I do however, believe that it will be identified soon unless there's something else more sinister going on. I know that everyone should keep medical grade First Aid kits in every location they frequent...home, cars (all cars), work, etc. For every family member, you should have a kit, which should include several Crosstex surgical grade mask at least which are H1N1 safe for each family member and a box of surgical gloves and duct tape at least. I am not trying to make anyone panic, but these items are not commonly found in regular first aid kits, but should be kept on hand, just in case.

I really hope this is something that will be isolated and soon! There haven't been any reports of deaths from these incidents have there?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I feel like ruling out a virus or other
illness mostly because the fireman
became sick as soon as he got
near a sick student.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I've done research i dont know if you've sen this thread but click it and let me know your thoughts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Norovirus and rotavirus, which are common causes of viral gastroenteritis, are transmitted by the faecal-oral route and are passed from person to person by contact, entering the body in food or water. So all of these people at each location would have had to consume the same foods for it to be a Norovirus...that would be easy for the CDC to determine.
Norovirus was the very first explanation they came up with. I highly doubt it is the real cause of these illnesses. But they did claim the Norovirus is air-born, so I don't think they all would need to eat the same food if it was Norovirus. Food poisoning has been ruled out in many of these cases anyway because most of the students ate different foods at different times.

I know...but Norovirus/Norwalk like viruses are not air borne, they are spread through person to person, through contaminated food or water, and by touching contaminated surfaces. That's why that excuse is so insane.

The fact that they even offered Norovirus as a possibility is ridiculous. The incubation time alone is 24-48 (maybe 12 hours but this is rare)hours...so no way possible could it ever have been Norovirus in so many different locations, they know this.

Norovirus
edit on 11/6/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just noticing that this thread has given my modem problems more than anything else today on the internet. It seems like this incident is being hush-hushed and put on the back-burner so to speak. Take care of yourselves out there. Don't listen to the media when they start saying that this is just an isolated incident...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The fact that 22 students all became extremely ill within a mere matter of minutes of one another is strange enough in its self. The fact the firefighter got sick shortly arriving only further proves that what ever they were exposed to acts very quickly. They didn't all eat bad food a few hours before, something hit that football field and suddenly made a bunch of people sick. It could be some sort of strange airborne chemical that the HazMat team failed to detect at every single event, but I don't particularly believe that. I don't think it was an airborne chemical, but an airborne virus, a very fast acting virus that is highly contagious. It almost seems as if a 'virus-bomb' had been suddenly released into the air at these events.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

Those are apache gun ships...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join