It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street commercial to play on bloomberg, Fox news, other networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
MSNBC

The ad began airing Saturday on Bloomberg News, ESPN, CBS Sports and Fox News, among other networks and is booked through Monday. The purchase of air time was financed by donations from 168 citizens using a social contribution model created by the San Francisco-based LoudSauce ad agency.

watch the video. Apparently OWS made it to "living rooms" across America

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Nobody on ATS watches those channels, right?

I'm not sure what to think of the ad, other than where is Santa, because once again it seems very unorganized with people coming up with many things they want to see happen.

Even if this ad made it to prime time television, it does little to help the cause(s) in my opinion because too many people WANT too many different things.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

I didn't know an end to corporate greed in politics was too many things?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by supine

I didn't know an end to corporate greed in politics was too many things?

Did you watch the ad?

This is not the only thing people WANT in it. If there was a main point, such as the one you highlighted that would be one thing, but it isn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is a proof that OWS is not what most people think it is. It is orchestrated by the same people which is meant to be against. No MSM would shoot itself in the foot with such an ad if it was authentic. No matter if there somewhere is an authentic message, it's plainly logical PTB would twist it for their own means. They already have so many infiltrators everywhere in the movement. Wake up!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Something feels not quite right about that (some thing to protest about for everyone commercial )
a bit too scrubbed clean in it's effort to convince the general public ..that!!!..."You too... can be a happy protester"

who spent money to make this commercial ???

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

exactly i agree totally

That and how much did it cost? Its not cheap to run adds on channels like that..........follow the money

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't think it's a bad thing. It's a way to gain public awareness from more of a 'primary source.' Rather than, the sometimes altered perspective of the MSM. And it says how it was funded in the link. I wouldn't read to much into it. It's mainly the words at the end, that will get people talking about the subject.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What I find fishy about this is that they made the Occupy Together ad for Bloomberg News, ESPN, CBS Sports and Fox News and others.

On the Occupy the Streets youtube comments the director responds to a comment saying "This probably doesn't belong on Fox News. This goes more to MSNBC, Current, etc. We'll keep putting the other one on Fox"

Why is Occupy the Streets more for MSNBC, Current, ect.?
Why is Occupy Together more for Fox, Bloomberg, ect.?

The emotional response of the viewers watching the advertisement and the right/left leanings of the media, that is why.

They are showing the right the individual, the peaceful park where we can all relate to either the individual and/or what they have to say.

They are showing the left the power of the group taking it to the street, people standing in the road to confront the dramatic, even cinematic, entrance of the scary police force seemingly getting ready to run them over.

This "join the bandwagon" targeted advertising tactic does not sit well with me. It seems a lot like propaganda in a bad way - the kind that is deceitful and misleading.
Kind of like the MSM, politicians and government do......so lets sit back and watch the "status quo" at work the way it always has been. And always will if we keep up this good ol' tradition.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hmm, I couldn't get any to play.

Censorship?

Anyone else having a problem with viewing these?

top topics

join