It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Pro Euro Propaganda at Its Finest (Greece: The morning after the night before & More)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
CNN
Well i was at CNN looking for some stories on greece i couldnt ask for a better one to show what kind of level of Propaganda is CNN and the mainstream playing with its readers and viewers.

CNN cliams that they went to speak with some actual greeks and italians about the situation in there countries but guess what? the article was for Pro Euro rather then been against the Euro, here read it for yourselves.

I will bold out the important lines.

"We need agreement between the politicians because we need to stay in the euro," says the father, Achilles Rinas. "We need to show the Europeans that we support the euro because we really believe in it and it's our only way out of the crisis."

That's a view the majority share, but there's increasing chatter about what a return to the drachma might mean.

Really now? thats what the majority of greeks share? sorry but i call that Propaganda at Its Finest, atleast when greece had there drachma they were stronger then they are now.

And this is also another pro Euro propaganda comment by CNN says a fisherman? let me guess an unknown fisherman who supports the Euro.
"We need to show the Europeans that we support the euro," says a fisherman

In the article there is a video showng three young adults apparently to me they look like Italian Americans rather then the actual Italians you will notice how at the start of the video the reporter asks them about the euro and two of the supposed Italians actual support the euro?
Italian youth discuss future of the euro

Alot of greeks that i have spoken with in greece when i was in greece back in 2008 they have stated they hate the Euro, they dont support it i guess CNN was speaking with the government employees and there families for there opinions it seems.

What you make of this Why is CNN supporting the Euro?

edit on 6-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Sure there is probably a spin to the CNN story, but I hardly see why your assumptions are more credible or valid than what they report.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I feel a bit perplexed by this post. I would think the controversial part would be if these people interviewed voiced an opinion against the euro???

I am trying to make sense of this point of view- in your country, are people against the euro?
Or is it just from a conspiracy fan point of view, that tends to favor rebellion/revolt/ destruction of any order society has?

I am in France, and though there were many people that were against the euro before it was voted in, once it has been done, everyone supports it because.......well, if you don't, you are basically self destructive! You can wish a boat sinks while you watch it from the shore, but once you are IN it, it is pretty stupid to wish that.

Maybe the people interviewed weren't being sincere, maybe they DO just want to jump ship, but I doubt they would say that on TV! Causing all the rest of the countries to go down just because you want to squirm out of the problems you created wouldn't be well recieved by the rest of the european communities......

new topics

join