It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBATE TOURNAMENT COMMENTARY THREAD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When are the winners of the seperate debates announced? Are they judged as soon as they finish, individually, or all judged when the final debate of the round finishes??

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
When are the winners of the seperate debates announced? Are they judged as soon as they finish, individually, or all judged when the final debate of the round finishes??

All judged individually but it takes a couple of days for results. Yes, it can be nervewracking.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I can't wait, win or lose. If I win I'll celebrate and get drunk. But if I lose, I'll have to drown my sorrows with a nice drink................

:w: lol

In fairness though the Debates have moved quite quickly, thats a plus.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What happens if the other debater doesn't respond within the 24 hrs?

Responses should be made within 24 hours, if people are late with their replies, they run the risk of forfeiting their reply and possibly the debate.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

What happens if the other debater doesn't respond within the 24 hrs?

Responses should be made within 24 hours, if people are late with their replies, they run the risk of forfeiting their reply and possibly the debate.

However if there are extenuating circumstances, exeptions can be made by contacting Kano.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

However if there are extenuating circumstances, exeptions can be made by contacting Kano.

Thats a good point and seems a fair thing to do. If your cable goes down that would really suck. Imagine if a person in the debates lived in Florida they might not have power right now.

Thanks for the info intrepid

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well thats good to know because earlier today my PC made VERY loud sparking, grinding noises. It's practically brand new too

It was okay after being left off for half an hour, but It could blow at any moment, and I'd need to find an emergency computer lol

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I find it very hard to debate against a topic that Im for. I guess thats the whole debating experience...right?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I find it very hard to debate against a topic that Im for. I guess thats the whole debating experience...right?

I thought about that when I saw the debate title and your screen name. To argue against space travel must be hard Im sure you could do great if you were for that topic.

I think your right though about the whole debating experience. thinking about it from another view could offer more insight into your own views.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Welcome to my world. You should try my topic

Actually though, I have been following all the debates and the quality of the posts are really excellent!!!!!!! It has been very enjoyable and my opponent is giving me a run for my money to be sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Welcome to my world. You should try my topic

Actually though, I have been following all the debates and the quality of the posts are really excellent!!!!!!! It has been very enjoyable and my opponent is giving me a run for my money to be sure.

FredT, I think you did a very good job in the debate. It was a very fun experience and I'm just glad I was able to participate.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
FredT, I think you did a very good job in the debate. It was a very fun experience and I'm just glad I was able to participate.

You rocked. Its tough trying to get a leg up on you EXCELLENT JOB!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ah well, I lost........can't say I'm surprised, I really do think PE should be compulsory lol.

Never mind, I'll be back, and thanks to Rain King for a good debate.

Good Luck in the rest of the tournamen!! :w:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm glad to see new blood in this forum. This is a forum where trying counts. Do not go away because you didn't make the 2nd round. I have yet to make the 2nd round myself. That's how good our debaters are. Get ready to try again.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm glad to see new blood in this forum. This is a forum where trying counts. Do not go away because you didn't make the 2nd round. I have yet to make the 2nd round myself. That's how good our debaters are. Get ready to try again.

You got my word, lol

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whew...my first debate is finally over. I think itll be the last one for this tourney too....cuz im pretty sure I lost this one. Oh well...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
EDIT- in fact, i challenge all the new entrants to suprass the number of views that the Terrorism debate had. Then i will know the new crowd has much to offer.

Not that I am bragging or anything but that debate has more views than any other debate ever.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Google for war on terror debate and you might find out why.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Google for war on terror debate and you might find out why.

Number 4 on Google not too shabby.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well Im out. Not unexpected though, kind of a tough arguement, but hats off to ShadowXIX on a job well done. Im pullin for you now, pal. Got to say though, felt kinda bummed when I saw I lost.

So now what. Do I have to wait to enter, or can I enter the next one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join