It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News : All seniors Israeli ministers are now for an attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well this is bad and was expected... their change of heart is due to the new UN report on Iran to be released officially on Nov. 8. But since most of it has already leaked...

U.S: Sanctions, Not Strikes For Iran

Iran has returned to the front of the foreign policy agenda, as the U.N. atomic agency prepares to release a key report next week on Tehran's nuclear program. It is expected to reveal intelligence suggesting Iran made computer models of a nuclear warhead, among other details, though the Iranian foreign minister calls the claims a fabrication.

Sources close to senior Israeli cabinet officials told Fox News that senior ministers who used to oppose a strike are now for it.

I'll repeat the VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT part...

Sources close to senior Israeli cabinet officials told Fox News that senior ministers who used to oppose a strike are now for it.

They don't say that only one changed his mind. They say ``senior ministers``... that means all of them.

I hope Fox News is full of it.

The UN report :
IAEA to reveal Iran building nuclear weapons at base near Tehran

Iran is pursuing its nuclear weapons program at the Parchin military base about 30 kilometers from Tehran, diplomatic sources in Vienna say. The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency is expected to release a report this week on Iran's nuclear activities.

According to recent leaks, Iran has carried out experiments in the final, critical stage for developing nuclear weapons - weaponization. This includes explosions and computer simulations of explosions. The Associated Press and other media outlets have reported that satellite photos of the site reveal a bus-sized container for conducting experiments.

The Iranians rejected an IAEA request to visit Parchin, saying that IAEA rules permitted the organization's member states to deny such visits to military bases. Now, eight years later, the site is again suspected as a location for covert military nuclear activity.

Both the Natanz and Qom sites, however, are subject to regular visits by IAEA inspectors. Any decision on moving to the final stage in a nuclear weapons program would largely be up to Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, with the assistance of two military advisers.

And the most ``important``...

In any event, diplomats say it is unlikely the IAEA's governing board will condemn Iran when it meets on November 17 and 18. It might take months to convince China and Russia to support a board resolution that could be the first step toward additional UN sanctions, they say.

Aka sanctions don't work, Israel needs to go for a strike.

While this :
U.S. officials: Israel refused to commit to withhold surprise attack on Iran

In his recent visit to Israel, American Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta did not get a clear commitment from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak that Israel would not take action against Iranian nuclear facilities without coordinating any such operation with the United States.

And this :
No-fly zone over Iraq set to expire, opening shortest route from Israel to Iran

Agreement between United States and Iraq, signed in November 2008, is due to run out at end of the year when U.S. forces withdraw from Iraq under timetable set by President Obama.

And this :
Israel, U.S. to embark on largest joint exercise in allies' history

U.S. Assistant Secretary for Political-Military Affairs Andrew Shapiro says security relationship with Israel is broader, deeper, more intense than ever before.

Israel and the U.S. will embark on the "largest" and "most significant" joint exercise in the allies' history, said Andrew Shapiro, U.S. assistant secretary for political-military affairs, on Saturday.

Speaking to the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Shapiro said the exercise will involve more than 5,000 U.S. and Israeli forces, and will simulate Israel's ballistic missile defense.

And this :
'Chance for Iran diplomacy fading, military option closer'.

President Shimon Peres on Friday said that he believes Israel is closer to utilizing the military option in dealing with Iran's nuclear program than it is to finding a diplomatic solution to the threat.

In an interview with Channel 2, the president suggested that the media speculation about a potential attack on Iran may have some basis in truth. "Intelligence services in many countries are looking at the clock and warning their leaders that not much time remains.

And this :
Former CIA Official: Israel Will Bomb Iran in September

A longtime CIA officer who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran this fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering U.S. military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond.

A few dates :
November 9 : US FEMA emergency exercise
November 10 : No moon. (perfect for a strike)
November 11 : Palestine UN bid.
November 25 : Full moon. (perfect for a strike) (edit : On a full moon, nightvision apparently works very well. Iraq was first bombed on March 20, full moon was on March 18, the moon was still at 96.7% full)
December 10 : No moon. (perfect for a strike)
December 24 : Full moon. (perfect for a strike and people are distracted with Christmas)

Something is up. Maybe all this is to gather support for strong and quick sanctions against Iran but I doubt it with Netanyahu in power.

All this talk of war... could also be because of political reasons...
Israeli social turmoil set to arrive at Knesset as winter session begins

Knesset members will be returning to the parliament from their summer recess today to a winter session expected to focus on social welfare issues, as both the government and the opposition seek popular support in the run-up to the next election.

Remember all the protests in Israel for social change? Well Netanyahu would sure love a little distraction and get himself ``hero`` status to stay in power/win the next election...

And if there's a war planned, they want it to happen before winter because in winter there's lots of clouds and that is a pain for air strikes... you might not see your target when you get there.

Update : More info coming in :
An inside look at the base where Iran is developing nuclear weapons

Iran is pursuing its nuclear weapons program at the Parchin military base about 30 kilometers from Tehran, diplomatic sources in Vienna say. According to recent leaks, Iran has carried out experiments in the final, critical stage for developing nuclear weapons - weaponization. This includes explosions and computer simulations of explosions.

There's pics of the complex at the link.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wonder how people follow these . They have forgotten the terror of 9/11 they were feeling. I mean , they were scared.

Now they are trying to scare other people.

How is that ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

November 10 : No moon. (perfect for a strike)

November 25 : Full moon. (perfect for a strike)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I don't know, somehow both are ``perfect`` for an attack but for different reasons. I don't remember why however.

On a full moon, nightvision apparently works very well.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Either they are going to attack before or during the UN Vote on Palestinias Membership and Statehood,or Israel may try to get a UN Security Council Meeting on November 11 to get the "Go ahead" for strikes against Iran...

The other Question might be: Does the US want its Soldiers coming home? Looking at the Support People like Ron Paul get from Soldiers,and the Injuries Vets sustain on the OWS Protests,and the state of the US in general etc. pp. i doubt it.

Vitchilo,if Palestinia is sucessfull and gets its State on 11.11.,what would that mean for Israel? Thats the Main Question that should be answered to see a possible Date for the "First Strike"

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Pfffftth.. The psychotic buggers been for it all along ..
Just put on a show to con the idiots in the west to support them..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If its going to happen and the fact that its all very public. Its likely to be this month and earlier rather than later because each month that goes by the closer Iran are to having an operational although maybe not perfect nuke.

Could be 11.11.11

Now wouldnt that be something!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

This just in from Press TV.
www.presstv.ir...

What are these war mongers playing at. Putting the lives of millions at risk, for what. A bit of pollictal gain. Both sides are trying to push the other off the cliff. Whos going to fire first. Well if history has anything to do with it. It will be the west. I feel a false flag a coming. Gulf of Tolken anyone.
Once again. I really feel for the innocent caught up in the middle.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It is expected to reveal intelligence suggesting Iran made computer models of a nuclear warhead, among other details...

I seem to recall a time when the requirements for bombing another country were a bit higher than this.
Although nowdays, its like any excuse will do.

link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

If its going to happen and the fact that its all very public. Its likely to be this month and earlier rather than later because each month that goes by the closer Iran are to having an operational although maybe not perfect nuke.

Could be 11.11.11

what is your personal opinion ? should it happen or should it not. are you for a strike or against ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

Could be 11.11.11

what is your personal opinion ? should it happen or should it not. are you for a strike or against ?

If Iran are close to producing an operational nuke then yes and mainly because they have deliberately lied and hidden the truth from the world. Why would they do this unless they are not for peace and they have ill intent! Iran have constantly stated that they only want nuke power for peaceful means yet it appears that they also want the bomb and according to the inspectors they have refused access to a site for 8 years or more. So if it is true what is being send by the inspectorate. Then they need to be stopped because we alrady know that they supply arms and money to other undesirable parties. Whats to stop them later supplying a dirty mini nuke!!!!

Another reason is the Iranian rechime treat their own people so badly so why would they have any concern for foreigners. Just look at how they treat nurd hikers!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

"We have said many times in the last weeks and months that we do not seek a military confrontation with Iran," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday.

I'm with this statement and I have said many times, right now I want my politicians focusing on our problems at home. The world is going to have to learn to get along on their own.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

War mongering fools that is what I will say.
Remember that the USA is still the only country to have used nuclear bombs in anger.
You guys think that it will be a game, nuke some ragheads and we will live happy ever after.
As we say in New Zealand - Yeah Right!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

"We have said many times in the last weeks and months that we do not seek a military confrontation with Iran," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday.

I'm with this statement and I have said many times, right now I want my politicians focusing on our problems at home. The world is going to have to learn to get along on their own.

But Israel will do because they fear they are the prime target of any nuke of any kind originating out of Iran.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What they say and what they do are completely different things... I wish Americans, and especially ATSers would have understood that a long time ago...

reply to post by Shenon

Vitchilo,if Palestinia is sucessfull and gets its State on 11.11.,what would that mean for Israel?

Bottom line, only bad things if they don't change their policies (which they won't with the crazy leaders they have right now).

reply to post by alfa1

I seem to recall a time when the requirements for bombing another country were a bit higher than this.

Indeed. They only say that Iran has done some simulations... anyone at MIT can do that... doesn't mean they will build a nuke. As for the ``explosive tests``, it's normal, they've been doing that for decades for conventional missiles, still doesn't mean they are going for a nuke.

But Israel will do because they fear they are the prime target of any nuke of any kind originating out of Iran.

Not Israel. Extremists in Israel. They are paranoid. Stalin, Mao, Kim Jong Il never used a nuke... those people are way more crazy than the Ayatollahs. Ayatollahs love their power, nuking Israel would make sure to end that. They won't go ``suicide bomber`` on Israel... ever saw a leader blow himself up for a cause? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Could be 11.11.11

If Iran are close to producing an operational nuke then yes and mainly because they have deliberately lied and hidden the truth from the world. Why would they do this unless they are not for peace and they have ill intent! Iran have constantly stated that they only want nuke power for peaceful means yet it appears that they also want the bomb and according to the inspectors they have refused access to a site for 8 years or more. So if it is true what is being send by the inspectorate. Then they need to be stopped because we alrady know that they supply arms and money to other undesirable parties. Whats to stop them later supplying a dirty mini nuke!!!!

Another reason is the Iranian rechime treat their own people so badly so why would they have any concern for foreigners. Just look at how they treat nurd hikers!

Iran is a country surrounded by neighbors with nuclear warheads. What right does a country on the other side of the world have denying Iran the creation of its own? The United States spends more money on "defense" than all the other nations of the world combined. THAT is what you, as a citizen (of both this country and the world), should be concerned about.

Iran can do as they please, we have enough problems to deal with here. I see no reason for us to sacrifice more young lives and spend trillions of more tax dollars on a new war, simply because a country is trying to build up a defense against the real war mongers of this world.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Your logic is good except for one minor detail:

And if there's a war planned, they want it to happen before winter because in winter there's lots of clouds and that is a pain for air strikes... you might not see your target when you get there.

GPS doesn't care about clouds.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
For such a small country, Israel sure does pull a lot of strings!
There is the all powerful AIPAC, the US Middle East policy maker that gives the marching orders to the US politicians, for "on the books" campaign donations and, I'm sure, some "off the books" stuff as well.
During the summer recess, 80+ of the US political elite went on an Israeli funded (well, US taxpayer funded) all expenses trip to Israel. Police are sending senior officers to Israel for training, the military and intel senior brass seem to spend more time there than any other country....etc...etc!
I see our own MoD senior brass has just been out there too, no doubt getting their marching orders, as well as Cameron's subservience to Israeli wishes. Hell, our own defence minister just resigned over the links to shady Israeli policy groups, and the shadow defence minister is also in there too.

It's quite obvious who calls the shots here, and any action is NOT for the benefit of the UK or US people in any way. They know this, they know many of us know this, but they don't care, because we have no say at all.

So, I am sure an attack against Iran is inevitable, not because it's necessary and they are a threat to the world, but because Israel want it. Plain ans simple!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Well that's Israels and Irans problem. How in sam hell does that involve Americans? We're on the other side of the frikkin earth for gods sake. Israel isnt attacking us, neither is Iran. So again, Not our problem. Go work it out or blow each other up and let everyone else live in peace already. And if the local Israelis and Iranians here don't like that, they can give up their citizenship and go back to their homelands and deal with it themselves. Yea I said it, Im a damn infidel and a gentile. Im not fighting some dumbass holy war for anyone and our troops shouldnt be forced to either.

Plenty of flight options to take them all home, that's for damn sure. Get to packin.

Hell I'll go a step further. I would support a permanent addition to the constitution that strictly forbids the sale or trade of our arms to ANY foreign power for ANY reason. No sale, no giving, no gifting. Screw the lot of ya.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Proctor11

Could be 11.11.11

Like I said if Iran have deceived then they cannot be trusted.
Any strike would be Israels alone.

I think the Iranian rechime is bad for peace in the region. I also believe that they are meddling and have always done so!!! This rechime needs to go as does that of Syria

Iran is a country surrounded by neighbors with nuclear warheads. What right does a country on the other side of the world have denying Iran the creation of its own? The United States spends more money on "defense" than all the other nations of the world combined. THAT is what you, as a citizen (of both this country and the world), should be concerned about.

Iran can do as they please, we have enough problems to deal with here. I see no reason for us to sacrifice more young lives and spend trillions of more tax dollars on a new war, simply because a country is trying to build up a defense against the real war mongers of this world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join