It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 governments sign anti-tax evasion agreement at summit seeking more money for the indebted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

G20 governments sign anti-tax evasion agreement at summit seeking more money for the indebted

www.globalnews.ca

The agreement is meant to promote tax fairness, which might help to ease social tensions that have fueled protests in Europe, the United States and elsewhere, said Jeffrey Owens, director of the OECD's centre for tax policy.

Read it on Global News: Global News | G20 governments sign anti-tax evasion agreement at summit
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well well...

It looks like the Occupy movement and other similar protests in the world are finally starting to brew some things up.

So...who can blame this leaderless movement now for actually not changing or proposing anything? I've been to OWS in Montreal, and one of the guy of the economic committee told me that tax havens was a big problem and they were working on wording a demand to fix this.

It looks like they won't even need to submit it, as it has been voted in G20. What remains to see is how effective these new measures will be...

So it seems now the global protests are becoming big enough to change some things up, and I have an odd feeling it's just that beginning. With the upcoming economic tough times, people will get more and more fed up with the now apparent broken system. I can only see the movement grow bigger, especially when winter will end.

www.globalnews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
they'll make it harder for regular people..
for governments, corporations and the wealthy there will always be tax havens ..
they arent about to part with their ill-earned gains..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
its not about tax havens... yea they need to go... but those who hold way too much money who BUY politicians... that's whats needs to stop!

there should be a law where you cannot buy politicians... and if someone who profits from any special interest group should be hung... that would stop corruption and all of this spending.... just an idea...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This does not mean anything really. I think it is just something that can be reported to the main stream media. What the leaders of the countries do when they get back will show if it is really worth anything. The as years go on if anything happens with the gap between the rich and poor.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with OWS, governments have been violently attacking tax havens since forever -- OWS is just a cover.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
its not about tax havens... yea they need to go... but those who hold way too much money who BUY politicians... that's whats needs to stop!

there should be a law where you cannot buy politicians... and if someone who profits from any special interest group should be hung... that would stop corruption and all of this spending.... just an idea...

I agree, paying or providing a favor or job later for politician based on something they did for you while in office, should be a capital punishment for both parties, and be fined minimum 10x the monetary benefit it provided all involved parties.

new topics

top topics

join