It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mystery of eating Jesus' flesh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The Intelligent see the Lord's Supper as being the replacement for the temple sacrifice rituals. The Jesus theme of Bread is my flesh and Wine is my blood is metaphore, symbolic allegory, and nothing to do with the literal. It is about the substitution of these offerings for the Temple's burned offerings.

The untelligent interpretations that one sees on this tread is a total sign that Jesus message has failed to be understood and all the more reason to move away from the Bible as it being too difficult for the dumbed down masses to capture in the context for which it was intended.

The world would likely be better off if the Bible never existed, as it appears to cultivate departure from reality. imho

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Anyone can go and pray in silence before the Eucharist, you do not have
to be Catholic. Go kneel before the Tabernacle or kneel before the monstrance in the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.

If the Church is locked and most are, go to the parish office, they will
help you. They will open the Church for you or direct you to the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel. Many of them are open 24 hours a day. A lot of them now have electronic passwords to punch in. You'll have to wait until another adorer comes along. During the day most all of them are unlocked.

The message is true, believe....

Pray In Front Of The Eucharist In Silence

May 24, 2012

...The Eucharist is a great gift to mankind; a wonder. Not too many other gifts will ever be this great. There is much hope to obtain when praying in front of the Eucharist. Poverty, abortion, loneliness can all be ceased by hoping in the Eucharist. Your hope in goodness will help to stop these sins. Pray many hours in front of the Eucharist and many of your problems will be solved. It is a time of renewal for you. To take and eat this bread in remembrance of me. I am there in the Eucharist my child. You must hope in me. The Eucharist is how I get closest to you. What a gift. Pray in front of the Eucharist in silence and you will obtain many gifts....

Your Jesus

www.divinemercyillumination.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
The Intelligent see the Lord's Supper as being the replacement for the temple sacrifice rituals. The Jesus theme of Bread is my flesh and Wine is my blood is metaphore, symbolic allegory, and nothing to do with the literal. It is about the substitution of these offerings for the Temple's burned offerings.

The untelligent interpretations that one sees on this tread is a total sign that Jesus message has failed to be understood and all the more reason to move away from the Bible as it being too difficult for the dumbed down masses to capture in the context for which it was intended.

The world would likely be better off if the Bible never existed, as it appears to cultivate departure from reality. imho

Where is your spell check? It's metaphor.

You almost have it. Jesus is the New Covenant Sacrifice. He is the
lamb of God in the New Covenant...literally. At the Passover, what
did they do with the sacrificed Lamb?

They consumed it.

You consume God~~!!, who is present in the Holy Eucharist.

God's plan is beautiful and so humble.

blessings to you,

colbe

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Our Lord speaks of the Holy Mass and our times. an excerpt...

message to Valentina, a Catholic seer from Sydney, Australia

September 21, 2012

See, in every Holy Mass I offer you anew
the merits of My Holy Wounds.
You see them shining.
It is the victory of My Love that transfigures them,
that reveals the grace and Mercy
of your God to you
in such intensely radiant beauty and dignity.
Nothing can compare,
in beauty, splendor and nobility,
with the glory of My Sacred Wounds.
All Heaven sinks down in adoration,
praise and reverence
when in Holy Mass My Sacrifice of the Cross
is mysteriously renewed.
Give your hearts,
give yourselves, wholly and entirely,
to this wonderful, holy action of Divine Love
and abandon your wounds to My Sacred Wounds,
so that I may heal them forever.

The Blessings and Graces are now being seen by My people. Justice and Truth are being established. The evils are now being seen in defeat. What you are about to see is Victory over all evil, My little ones. The blind will see through their confused state of mind. All will be made perfectly clear to them. Have faith in all I say. These are the end times of all evil, My children....

join Yahoo Groups - Seers2 posted today...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Do you realize time is getting closer for the prophesied divine events? God is going to bring divided Christianity
together and God is going to ask non-Christians to become Roman Catholic too.

I have been noticing recently Our Lord hints at and actually speaks of the most Holy Eucharist in Protestant
daily messages from Heaven. I give example. God doesn't make a mistake. He purposely left the word "with" out of the second time that "ate and drank" are stated.

Excerpt from a message to PROTESTANT visionary Maryam Ziadat

May 25, 2013

www.openheaven.com...

+ + +
Tell them, I AM looking for good shepherds as well, those
who know me, those who ate and drank with me, those who
will recognize my breathing if I will pass by them. Only
those who ate and drank me will have a portion in this
great harvest that I AM bringing.
+ + +

To repeat, Our Lord says almost the same words but notice the second
time He leaves out the word "with", it is NO error He is
preparing you to accept His presence in the most Holy Eucharist.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Do you realize time is getting closer for the prophesied divine events? God is going to bring divided Christianity

I TOTALLY can't wait for that to happen...

Of course im still waiting for flying pigs...

*shrug*

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

I TOTALLY can't wait for that to happen...

Of course im still waiting for flying pigs...

*shrug*

Your "flying pigs" comment made me smile. I know, it seems forever but God knows when the most souls can be saved. This "awakening", a Damascus moment for every soul on the earth is prophesied to happen when the "world is at its worst" AND in the sky, the celestial, "like two stars... that crash and make a lot of noise, and a lot of light... but they don't fall", so look to the Heavens.

God bless you Akragon,

colbe

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So you believe the world is at its worst?

I'm pretty sure it can get a whole lot worse...

And has been...

edit on 29-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

pause4thought,

Hi,

I haven't been back to this thread for awhile and I just saw your post. Brother, you quote 1 Corinithians
Chapter 11. Read a few verses later, Paul says unless you discern it is the "BODY" of Our Lord, you
bring judgment on yourself.

And go look in the KJV, God is trying to get your attention. The verse where some disciples could not
accept Jesus was talking about consuming His body and blood (supernaturally, you know, as Jesus said,
think "spirit and life" not in a human way), they left Him! Jesus did NOT run after them and say, "I meant
it is a memorial of My death on the Cross, come back."

Jesus let them go. That verse in the KJV is John 6:66. In the English translation of the Latin Vulgate, the
first Bible...called the Douay-Rheims Bible. The same verse is John 6:67. Catholics believe. There are
no coincidences.

Read history, the first Christians believe in the Eucharist. Read the Early Church Fathers. Protestants, the
Reformers (to be nice) rejected the faith and the New Covenant ministerial priesthood, they could NOT
confect the Eucharist so came up with calling the Eucharist a mere symbol or memorial of Christ's death on the Cross. So obvious an excuse to cover their denial of the Truth.

Come to believe in the Eucharist, you won't get waylaid by the anti-Christ in the close at hand time ahead, the
Great Tribulation. Actually, I think we are already in it or it has started.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

It is not Catholic vs Protestant. The messages from Heaven
do not say this, they say God is going to bring Christianity together "soon" and stated recently about the prophesied Great Warning, it is "at the door."

What is coming is the unity of Christianity and non-Christians coming to the faith.

Oh my gosh, amazing and beautiful, events are closer, look,
Our Lord speaks to another Protestant prophet about His presence on the most Holy Eucharist. Oh joy, tell everyone! Our Lord's way, so lovingly said.

An excerpt from a message to Jeff Kingshott

October 7, 2013

NOW FEED from My Tree ALL that it bears !
For this shall Sustain you and be your Wares ,
The BREAD of LIFE That shows ME , ( SHEW BREAD )
My Completeness not just a part of My TAPESTRY ,
I AM bearing My ALL open to VIEW !
Come EAT OF ME so that I might give to others to partake of Me to !
For MY FULLNESS FIRST MUST BE UNDERSTOOD ! ! !
Or it will drift by as if it is deadwood ,
So do not separate but Come unto Me ,
For I AM Painting in you My COMPLETE TAPESTRY ! ! !

prophecy forum at ~ www.openheaven.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
imo, 'eating Jesus flesh and drinking his blood' *may* be symbolic of absorbing the messages of Jesus.. Thereby winning eternal life. Or maybe it means acknowledging that Jesus was a flesh and blood human. I don't think it has to do with literal food consumption, as all foods go bad.... or gets digested and exits the body as waste matter. Such a thing CANNOT represent God.
edit on 14-10-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Scorpie

I don't think it has to do with literal food consumption, as all foods go bad.... or gets digested and exits the body as waste matter. Such a thing CANNOT represent God.

And who, in your view, is the creator of decay, digestion and waste matter?

As I recall Genesis,... well, no, let me look it up, 1:20-22, the fifth day

Then God said: Let the water teem with an abundance of living creatures, and on the earth let birds fly beneath the dome of the sky. God created the great sea monsters and all kinds of crawling living creatures with which the water teems, and all kinds of winged birds. God saw that it was good,and God blessed them, saying: Be fertile, multiply, and fill the water of the seas; and let the birds multiply on the earth

So, what's the story? God thinks it's good to have animals (who eat food which decays if not eaten, digest what they eat, and crap out what's left afterwards), but he's mistaken? Or did he not notice how his creation works?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
God creating digestive systems for animals and people does not mean automatically that God can be represented by an edible thing that is naturally subected to the digestive process.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Scorpie

God creating digestive systems for animals and people does not mean automatically that God can be represented by an edible thing that is naturally subected to the digestive process.

Oh, no, there's nothing automatic about it, but there is also noting about it that is unworthy of the Creator of the digestive process, who pronounced his creation "good" and blessed the animals he created, as they really are.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
imo, 'eating Jesus flesh and drinking his blood' *may* be symbolic of absorbing the messages of Jesus.. Thereby winning eternal life. Or maybe it means acknowledging that Jesus was a flesh and blood human. I don't think it has to do with literal food consumption, as all foods go bad.... or gets digested and exits the body as waste matter. Such a thing CANNOT represent God.

Hi sk0rpi0n and thanks to all who replied after sk0rpi0n,

Jesus told those who were saying "no" to the Eucharist, do not think in a human way. My presence in the
Eucharist is supernatural, "spirit and life."

God is NOT digested. Once you consume the consecrated host or wine, Our
Lord's presence is NO longer there but the holy benefit of the Eucharist is...

Beautifully explained:

+ + +

"THE SOUL is like the open waters of a lake into which snowflakes fall and disappear. As the snowflake melts in the
water and disappears, so Jesus comes to your soul and remains as God and as Man until the Host disappears. But He
leaves His grace in your soul (the water of the melted snowflake) and lives in you by His grace.
SANCTIFYING GRACE makes man holy and pleasing to God. It is like a beautiful white garment and makes you
more like God, who is holiness itself. At Holy Communion Jesus gives you more sanctifying grace.
One mortal sin
drives out of your soul the divine life of sanctifying grace;
but Our Lord protects your soul from mortal sin by giving
you more sanctifying grace in Holy Communion. God gives us the Body of His Son, in Holy Communion, that It
may nourish souls on the journey through life. It gives strength to bear sufferings patiently and to overcome the
temptations of the devil. In this way It prepares souls for heaven, the Promised Land."

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hey, hello, I have been away from the forum. Here is a recent message (excerpt) from Our Lord about His presence in the Eucharist.

www.divinemercyillumination.blogspot.com...

My New Kingdom Will Come

February 6, 2014

Speak to my children about my unending compassion and love. I have left this to the world through the Eucharist. Many are not taking advantage of this gift. Know that it is I who is truly there and present to you. Why are you forgetting this sacrament? It was given to many of you at an early age and I am very compassionate to be available to you at many times. I love you and miss many of you who have not been to this sacrament for many years. Please come back. I will accept you with open arms. You can make a good confession and come right to me. I am here. Pray about it today. Do not waste anymore time. Time is growing short until my new kingdom will come. ...

Your Jesus

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Fake

July 22, 2011

The global disturbances will include floods, tornadoes, and tsunamis. My children will run and many will run from Me. Do not be afraid because the wicked will be snatched by those they know. I will hover over the good like a cloud in the darkness. When will this happen? It is upon us now.

ERROR. The global disturbances wouldn't be upon 'us' (which, the way the so-called message was given, would include Jesus) ... it would be upon humans on earth. For 'Jesus' to say that it is upon' US' ... that's wrong. Obviously the fake seer is getting confused as to who is supposed to be doing the talking. This type of error is commonly found in the fiction of the Qu'ran. Muhammad couldn't keep straight if it was him or his heavenly messenger who was supposedly talking.

July 28, 2011

Like at the time of the great flood I gave a warning to get to know me. Now is like that time.

ERROR. There was no great flood. It's been proven not to have happened. Noahs ark isn't a literal story.
It's a myth or folklore. Jesus could have referenced a general timeframe like saying 'in Noahs time ...' But
he couldn't say 'at the time of the great flood' ... because there wasn't one.

August 25, 2011

Love is God and God is love. He has enough for all and will never let you go. I had to take up my cross at Calvary, but God never let me go. He is always there holding us if we fall. Remember that. So no suffering can ever be too much for us to handle with God my Father.

ERROR. According to Catholics - Jesus is God. The way this is stated (with the 'us') is theologically wrong.
Authentic seers don't make theological errors in their 'messages'.

I didn't bother reading the so called 'messages' after that. It's an obvious fake.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by colbe

Fake

July 22, 2011

The global disturbances will include floods, tornadoes, and tsunamis. My children will run and many will run from Me. Do not be afraid because the wicked will be snatched by those they know. I will hover over the good like a cloud in the darkness. When will this happen? It is upon us now.

ERROR. The global disturbances wouldn't be upon 'us' (which, the way the so-called message was given, would include Jesus) ... it would be upon humans on earth. For 'Jesus' to say that it is upon' US' ... that's wrong. Obviously the fake seer is getting confused as to who is supposed to be doing the talking. This type of error is commonly found in the fiction of the Qu'ran. Muhammad couldn't keep straight if it was him or his heavenly messenger who was supposedly talking.

July 28, 2011

Like at the time of the great flood I gave a warning to get to know me. Now is like that time.

ERROR. There was no great flood. It's been proven not to have happened. Noahs ark isn't a literal story.
It's a myth or folklore. Jesus could have referenced a general timeframe like saying 'in Noahs time ...' But

August 25, 2011

Love is God and God is love. He has enough for all and will never let you go. I had to take up my cross at Calvary, but God never let me go. He is always there holding us if we fall. Remember that. So no suffering can ever be too much for us to handle with God my Father.

ERROR. According to Catholics - Jesus is God. The way this is stated (with the 'us') is theologically wrong.

I didn't bother reading the so called 'messages' after that. It's an obvious fake.

ERROR - biased anti-Catholic, anti-Christ PO. Jesus speaks to His messengers, don't shout no.

Searching, searching, what a waste of time. Address the current message in the last post. Thanks@!

Who is the Pope of ATS?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by colbe

Fake

August 25, 2011

You can believe private revelation or not, your choice. I share more of the message objected to, denied. Read it in context, none of it goes against Christ's teachings. I posted the title of the message too, quite a draw. Two things, one so important, there is much suffering today. Our Lord asks you, me, everyone, to offer in prayer, the smallest cross, the largest cross, ie: suffering. He can use the offering of your suffering to benefit your soul AND to help save other souls. You will meet one day the souls you helped make it Heaven by offering to God your sufferings. Suffering is a win, win.

The second thing. Give Christ your cross/your suffering, He will help you carry it. It will be lighter then!

+ + +

divinemercyillumination.blogspot.com...

A Cross Is A Blessing

August 25, 2011

My child, hear my voice when I call you. Now is the time to turn away from sin and look toward me. The time has come for you to put away your bad habits. These can be as slight as a mean word or as great as a heavy cross. I need you to come to me and lay your burdens down. This will make them much easier to handle. It is time for my children to take up their crosses and to pray for endurance while suffering. Is that too much for me to ask my child? I think not. So much glory can be brought to my Father by taking up your cross. It is very hard at times my child, I know this, but it is all worth it. You remain in me and I in you. Always remember this. You are never alone to suffer your crosses. Never. The time has come for all to take up their crosses, small or big, whatever they may be. In time you will see the way of the cross. It is a beautiful way. It is carved out of love. Love has no boundaries and there will always be enough love for you to take up your sufferings. Love is God and God is love. He has enough for all and will never let you go. I had to take up my cross at Calvary, but God never let me go. He is always there holding us if we fall. Remember that. So no suffering can ever be too much for us to handle with God my Father. Do you understand this great truth? It is fitting at a time like this with so much suffering in the world. Is it not? Your great crosses will be your great rewards. Count up your crosses and throw them at God’s hands because he can take them for you. It takes great surrender to divine providence to give up your cross. You will still merit from your cross but God will help you carry part of it. Isn’t this a great truth to know my child? You ask why is it so hard to believe? Because you don’t trust your Father God enough. He asks you to give him your cares and your worries and he will make them light. You must believe this. A cross is a blessing. It can save so many souls and your own. ....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by colbe

Fake

July 28, 2011

You see it repeated throughout history. Those who believed the prophets made it to the promised land. And every time, there are only a few. You be one of them. God does not do anything without warning and directing His beloved creation. This is one purpose of prophecy. The gift of free will, our choice to trust God or not...

Catholic direct link to daily messages: www.afterthewarning.com...
Protestant daily messages: ft111.com...

God protects the faithful during His judgment of evil. In Noah's time God's judgment came by water, the Great Flood.

In our time, it is prophesied, God's just judgment (the chastisement) of evil is going to happen by fire this time. Believe, give your heart to the Father, to Our Lord, to God the Holy Spirit now before the Great Trib, we are at its door. Human respect is worthless. Pray, pray, pray. Ask God to help you, He will.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join