It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former heavyweight champ Joe Frazier deathly ill with liver cancer !! Gonna Miss Him !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

"He's in serious shape, we're looking for a miracle,'' said a source close to the former heavyweight champ. "They're only giving him a short time to live. We need to have as many people as possible praying for Joe right now.''

My prayers go out to you Joe.. I remember seeing him and Ali fighting the Super Fights like it was yesterday.

Here is the full story.

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
he's not dead yet. Pray for his recovery to God.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
oh no! i didn't know he was so sick! as big as ali was, frazier was always right there as his foil. he was an awesome boxer, too. peace be to him and his family.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i hope god knocksout hes cancer so he lives until he dies from old age, i hate cancer

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I had to post. It's so strange how time goes at such a fast pace. It was truely like yesterday, I was watching Frazier, Ali, Foreman, all the greats. My prayers go out to him and those who will miss him. I hope that someway he might recover to live a few more years. He was a good man and a total professional in every way..
for you Joe..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Dang it - You think he has time left for one final rematch with Ali ?

The ‘Thrilla” in Manila’s assisted living center ?

Ted

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTed

Your joking right?
He is on a death bed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In loving hope for Joe. I don't want to forget..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

No one will ever forget him. He's on my top ten of coolest guys ever.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
dude knocks the spit out of people for a living and every one thinks he the coolest thing cince koolaid .
>Do believe you could use better role modles

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"Smok'in Joe" that was the tag line back then... when he was fighting...

he gave a great account of himself... even against the Mohammed Ali (Cassius Clay) who, to me was the greatest fighter of that generation...
(not including his refusal of the 'Draft', being Muslim and all (wow- what a decade or two/three makes) the Whabbist Muslims from Saudi did the attacks on the USAs 911 !

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
dude knocks the spit out of people for a living and every one thinks he the coolest thing cince koolaid .

He knocked the spit out of others just like him. They were also professional athletes. These guys were not bullies looking for people on the street to beat up. They go into a ring and mutually agree to display their talents as men . They are consumate professionals. Some of us should be so lucky to be role models as they are.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier

Its a sport involving two consenting adults with padded gloves on, in an organized event, with a trained referee, and a staff of medical folks. They train night and day, heart and soul, for years and years and provide great entertainment for fans all over the world.

Not very nice of you to turn one of the greats of this sport into villain with such a foolish comment.

edit on 6-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm sure plenty of people will miss his animal like violence. If only the world had more like him eh! Beating fellow human being's to a pulp, what a Fkn hero!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
I'm sure plenty of people will miss his animal like violence. If only the world had more like him eh! Beating fellow human being's to a pulp, what a Fkn hero!

Whats with the deluded sissies here in this thread? We are talking about a SPORT involving ADULTS with PADDED gloves, a trained referee and medical staff on hand.

Folks here are starting to make me think that they live in a padded room and watch only The Brady Bunch and Leave It To Beaver!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I always like Joe je was a gentleman were as that arrogant loud mouth next to him in the picture disgusted me. The way he talked down to Frasier while promoting the fight made me loose all respect for him and his skills. Gentleman Joe handled it well and didn't digress to Mohammed's level.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

It's violence, no matter how much you try to cover it up, it's something the World can do without!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

The topic of the thread is the illness of a great and world famous fighter. If you want to state your opinions about the sport of boxing , please start a thread or find one that is suited to your need to express your opinions on the sport itself. thx

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
R.I.P. Smoking Joe.......

Mod's please consider moving this thread, just out of respect for a great fighter....

edit on 7-11-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Joe Frazier died tonight 11/7/2011 Just six weeks after his diagnosis. RIP Joe

new topics

top topics

join