It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My daughter deserved to die for falling in love"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Somehow, I think the fact she fell in love with an enemy soldier had a lot to do with it.

The press can say what they want, but the fact is nobody welcomes foreign troops into their country that are there because they invaded.

Wait....am I hearing you correctly?

Are you justifying this action in any way shape or form? Are you actually giving this man an excuse for murdering his daughter? That is unconscionable.

Of course we should not be there and yes it is like an occupation but US or not this would still go on among a certain faction of their society. I wonder why we bother to assist people like this at all unless it is only for their oil reserves. Democracy will not cure this kind of stupidity. We are enabling murderers.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
[Let me know when the next Christian Lady drowns her 3 little kids in the bathtub... so I can say the samething...

Now how about you count up how many "honor killings" Christians have done over the past one hundred years to Islamic "honor killings". How much you wanna bet that the counts is exponentially higher. So troll, you fail.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And people wonder why I am anti-religion.

I come from a culture that respects women far more than those around me (Apache), to say that this disgusts and angers me is to say that Fukushima had a minor nuclear incident.

Until and unless these people change their ways, they will be on my list of cultures that I will not weep for when eradicated.

"Honor killing"?

This culture, any culture, that supports and fails to condemn such barbaric montrosities is a stain upon the honor of humanity and deserves the same death they mete out to their children. No mercy for the males. The women and children might be spared, but no males.

"Honor killing"?

They have no honor, none whatsoever.

edit on 6-11-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Somehow, I think the fact she fell in love with an enemy soldier had a lot to do with it.

The press can say what they want, but the fact is nobody welcomes foreign troops into their country that are there because they invaded.

so that justifies it to some extent does it? If you answer no why the hell post such defensive nonsense in the first place.

There are some things that are just absolutely wrong. This is one.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Maybe if you read the article before posting you wouldn't have to "think"

Honor killings are not uncommon, and this isn't an extreme situation that could only arise from a girl's interest in a non-muslim foreign invader. They happen all the time between Muslims.

It was just a girl with an infatuation with a British soldier, unreciprocated, she was 17.. immature, she made the mistake of letting her family know her feelings about this person she was infatuated with.. they did nothing together.. this was just a brutal killing for no reason.

Also in the article that you didn't read it goes on to mention how other honor killings there have nothing to do with foreign troops in their country. The vast majority is Iraqis with Iraqis.
edit on 11/6/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

This article shows that honour killings seem to be not only alive and well in Iraq, but widely socially accepted practice among Iraqi muslims. I am truly disgusted by the savages

They are truly disgusted by you- the savages who invaded their country.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Their men are truly disgusting savages.. men are allowed to rape women who aren't fully covered by claiming they could not control themselves from the evil tempting women. Then when the woman is raped by the weak disgusting men she is punished.

A teenage girl who doesn't even act on a typical immature infatuation is killed for her thoughts.. yet Muslim men can gang rape women and other depraved acts of sexual immorality and it's fine.

Revolting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

This article shows that honour killings seem to be not only alive and well in Iraq, but widely socially accepted practice among Iraqi muslims. I am truly disgusted by the savages

Well, if my country is ruled by a dictator like Saddam was, I would welcome foreign intervention. Lots of Iraquis did, too. Its not clearly right or wrong.

No such ambiguity with this barbarian act.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What can we do, on a planet so much violence, domination, control and misery, to set it free? And I don't mean wars.

What is it going to take?

On a personal level, the mothers have to leave,yet even if they do, they will die. I'd be packing up and out of there, preferring to die on the street and if he tried to stop me, I'd say, "why don't you just murder me too, and get my sons to help, but one thing you will never do is have me for your wife!" It would take a huge sacrifice of women and their daughters to even change this one iota, I feel.

What can the world do, those who do not support any form of corrupt bloodlines, violence, control, banks, and any wars, to facilitate a better world?

The only things I have ever been able to think of are: living peacefully. Prayer/meditation and seeing a good world, living as if, and forming community counsels, citizens, to solve problems.

Communicating with them somehow, though I'm sure their own religions, governements forbid it.

I remember the child who talked to some boys going to or from school, she was tied to a chair and buried alive.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree disgusting and how many children has the USA killed in Iraq & Afghanistan, Pakistan etc?

I just despise hypocrisy is all

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Murder is wrong,whoever is doing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

reply to post by Maslo

Well, if my country is ruled by a dictator like Saddam was, I would welcome foreign intervention. Lots of Iraquis did, too. Its not clearly right or wrong.

The question is , Who helped Saddam get to power and Why?

Read some history book and deny ignorance for yourself. I am much tired to do that.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

What is the argument on this ?

Did I say it is right ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Their men are truly disgusting savages.. men are allowed to rape women who aren't fully covered by claiming they could not control themselves from the evil tempting women. Then when the woman is raped by the weak disgusting men she is punished.

A teenage girl who doesn't even act on a typical immature infatuation is killed for her thoughts.. yet Muslim men can gang rape women and other depraved acts of sexual immorality and it's fine.

Revolting.

So , you believe it ?

That the rapist is walking for himself and the victim is punished ?

Do you think that you are too smart , or the judges are too retarded that can not understand that matter.

You are being much manipulated about stoning and sexual crimes in Islam.

Even a four year old child can judge this matter. The fact is you think they don't understand that.

But they are just some cruel parents who are blind. It doesn't matter what are they called they are blind.
edit on 6/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by MilzGatez
[Let me know when the next Christian Lady drowns her 3 little kids in the bathtub... so I can say the samething...

Now how about you count up how many "honor killings" Christians have done over the past one hundred years to Islamic "honor killings". How much you wanna bet that the counts is exponentially higher. So troll, you fail.

LOL a ignorant troll trying to call someone else a troll, How would u know where to start counting from anyway, No one will ever know the numbers, its just countless So im not even going to write anymore towards you but to the other posters MURDER IS MURDER no matter what, There's no comparing nothing, Dont care if you a higher being , if you kill then you must be taken down. Every men and women on this earth, from any culture, any background could do something like this.

As far as my comment for Christians and other religions, they all done their share killings and still to this date, they are still doing it, not as much wide spread but it happens,I was just stating one example on how some of you have it twisted and just want to go against Islam like its the only religion that does murders (I am not religious, I dont have a religion and so I'm not picking sides or putting emotions into this) but A lot of people are very uninformed about Islam and dont know any Muslim's personally so they believe what they hear and what they are told without experiencing anything and this goes with any other religion.

Its just wrong to kill because of your religion or because you believe "God told you do it", Same way as if another religion killed for the name of their religion from past to present. There's always going to be one half that has the faith twisted around and believe killing someone( includes raping,beating,etc) for whatever reason is just fine and the other half follow the religion to the tee, without no BS, no violence, no false claims and whatever the case may be.

P.S. I'm not going to be typing what crimes has been done by Christians,Muslim's,Jaws or whatever religion is out there because whoever kills over religion is just insane and just need help. If you want to compare and find a list of murders each one done, go do your research.
edit on 6-11-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

What is the argument on this ?

Did I say it is right ?

The so called "savages" you so eloquently labeled are there,and if the people are disgusted with them,so be it.I am sure they dont want to be there,on an individual basis either.
It doesn't justify murder. Because this daughter died for falling in love with this so called "savage" doesnt make it right,in any sense.Making your point of those who are in their country leads no credence to the murder of the woman.Based on the "law" of the land there,this woman could have been murdered for loving another woman.

edit on 6-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

reply to post by Maslo

The question is , Who helped Saddam get to power and Why?

Read some history book and deny ignorance for yourself. I am much tired to do that.

I am aware of who helped him get to power. Your point? How is it even relevant to the topic of this thread?
Anyway, if anything, I would say its one more reason the US has a duty to take him down - to fix the mess they caused.

I agree that Iraq invasion was a mistake. People who openly support such things as in the article should not be allowed to have democracy. Secular totalitarian dictatorship is far better for them. Democracy requires moderate and educated people.

edit on 6/11/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Her mother was gunned down shortly after. She had been unable to sleep in the same bed as her husband because he had killed their daughter.

www.guardian.co.uk...

It appears in most cases to be the men who carry out these brutal murders, although in some cases mothers have agreed with the killings.

I can not comprehend how you can love your child but kill them because you are so offended by their actions or even thoughts.

It is beyond me, I will not even try to rationalise with religion.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
this is soooo creepy
fanatics are just scaryy people

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleHorizon

I can not comprehend how you can love your child but kill them because you are so offended by their actions or even thoughts.

It is beyond me, I will not even try to rationalise with religion.

yea good point that's what i think too. I mean i thought religion teaches you to love and forgive regardless of what happens like Jesus forgiving the one who betrayed him. Do Muslims believe in this sick retribution then???
It's hard to respect these people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join