It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Five Days the World Could End (As You Know It)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Maybe you guys have already seen this, but I just found it while searching for updates to sunspot activity -

Potential Impact Zone & Time of Asteroid 2005 YU55 Defined On Google Earth and Government Documents

On Wednesday, November 9, 2011, a strange series of events are set to take place that you should be informed about — many events pertaining to the subject have already happened which in turn lead up to this date and have been covered periodically by The Intel Hub.

Link to full story.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
www.youtube.com...
strictlyhonest.com...

Hey demonologist -

two very interesting links you provided - wasn't aware of them.

Wish you had provided some comments on them though, because I almost missed them and they contain some

very thought provoking info.

Thanks for taking the time to post them.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by muse7

What's with your focus on Hospitals? Twice in the same paragraph you mentioned Hospitals... I would be wondering about Police and Fire Departments not being able to be dispatched to crimes and fires...

Wow - hadn't thought about that, but you're right. All emergency communications would go down, but I think hospitals would at least have back up generators to kick in for awhile. I wonder if people will help one another as a result or if the crime rate will skyrocket instead? We all know financial transactions would grind to a halt, people would be trapped in elevators, etc. The more I read the posts on here and think about the possible consequences - well, it just keeps getting uglier. But, it helps me to think of ways to try and prepare, and that is invaluable, because unfortunately, I don't think it's a question of "if", but rather, "when" this will happen.
edit on 11/7/2011 by ShakaDoodle because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thank very much SeekerofTruth101!

You brought up some fascinating points I hadn't considered and caught the spirit of the OP quite well.

Not meant to be a doom and gloom thread, but more of what do you do to prepare and cope kind of thread.

Interesting that you considered not just the material aspect of survival but also the mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of the issue as well. This is very helpful in examining the possibilities inherent in these kinds of events.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Put your head between your legs and kiss it all good bye but first pray to your Higher Power as you understand it that you are counted worthy to survive it all.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by poundpuppy

Thanks for the advice poundpuppy!

Definitely going to add it to my survival kit list!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
Maybe you guys have already seen this, but I just found it while searching for updates to sunspot activity -

Potential Impact Zone & Time of Asteroid 2005 YU55 Defined On Google Earth and Government Documents

Link to full story.

theintelhub.com...

wow

and more wow

theintelhub.com...

^wthhh

anyways, the trenched out area on the map is what -- the impact Tsunami zone?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Hi ignant! Thanks for checking it out and adding the additional info - greatly appreciated!

Yes, I think the map is indicating the potential devastation of the tsunami if YU-55 strike the earth where indicated.

I hope you can use some of this info in your thread - the possibility of increased meteor activity and fireballs that you have addressed is definitely cause for concern.

YU55 Brings Increased Meteor Activity?
edit on 11/7/2011 by ShakaDoodle because: added link to ignant's thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

That big red "X" is an error message. It means there's a corrupt or missing file:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks DJW001 - I missed that thread - glad you posted the link.

If it's just a missing file, than that will be one less thing to have to prepare for.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

Link to full story.

theintelhub.com...

wow

and more wow

theintelhub.com...

I had a look at these links, but my reaction was more
than

I think the best part of the articles was this.

This article is based on circumstantial evidence as well as some obvious conspiracy theory. The Intel Hub refuses to censor itself by only covering topics that are 100% confirmed so we have decided to make a conspiracy theory category.

There is clearly a lot of imagination required to tie all these loose "events" into a doomsday scenario, and it is severly lacking in any factual substance and logical thought processes. I will attempt to analyse parts of it for those who don't want to read past the dramatic headlines. Let's start with this.

Google Earth now shows a large red X over the projected potential impact zone.

The page linked uses this ATS thread as a "partial source". The page claims that this red x is the projected impact point of YU55, even though the thread claims that this is the impact point of comet ELENIN, not YU55. The thread also erroneously claims YU55 will pass within "200-300km" of Earthe, when it is acually over 300,000km.

Regardless, the red x has been adequately explained on another ATS thread. Basically, this was an error in a NASA kml file (it is for Mars, not Earth), that tries to show a jpeg that isn't there, so leaves a red x instead. I find it quite odd that some people will not trust NASA when they say there is very little chance of an impact, but will happily believe something produced by NASA if it is somehow tied with a doomsday theory.
Carrying on.

The page then remarks on the tsunami drills set on Nov 9th, that "FEMA has openly said may not be a test" with a link to this video. The video clearly states that this is just a test, without ever hinting that it is anything other than a test! I think this must be one of the parts that is "obvious conspiracy theory", or in other words, unfounded or disingenuous claims. But they can get away with it, as barely anyone reading these articles bothers to check the sources.

The page links to the other page linked above titled "Bio-Weapon On Civilian Populace As Doomsday Event Looms?". This page ties together a loose series of events starting with this, "the U.S. government just ordered 44 million doses of the Anthrax vaccine at the cost of over a billion dollars of taxpayer money. There are over 300 million people in America… who will get the 44 million doses?". This is an attempt to claim that the government would try to poison the whole population instead of deal with a disaster. A claim I find highly dubious, but you are welcome to believe whatever you want to believe.

At various times the article refers to the comet Elenin, even claiming that we will encounter it's debris trail on November 9th. Yet again, this is another fabrication with no factual backing whatsoever. But as we all know, as of late, a good doomsday theory should throw in Elenin somewhere, regardless of the truth. Criticism is placed on MSM for not mentioning Elenin as much as Halleys Comet, even though there is a good reason for this. Halleys comet is is the only short-period comet that is clearly visible to the naked eye, and Elenin was not. In fact, Elenin is no more.

Other "events" include a movie due to come out on 11/11/11, after the supposed impact, and movements of the army within the US. I apologise for such a large post, but I believe many points had to be raised regarding the validity of claims that would otherwise have been accepted as fact. I do not fear the upcoming PacWave11 tests, and am glad that my country, New Zealand, is taking part. We are always at risk of tsunamis (and earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes etc), and it pays to always be prepared for such events. But spreading false information,whilst constantly asking for donations, is IMO disingenuous and does little to help prepare for genuine concerns.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
OK guys - just found this info on YU55 that I thought you might like to look at -

PACWAV11: Tsunami Drill “Real Events During Exercise Play” To Occur?

As we approach the Nov. 9 date for the PACWAV11 Exercise (worldwide tsunami test), the YU55 mystery deepens.

It is actually written into the Exercise PACWAV11 documents the this drill can potentially go live during the time of play.

This is the same chatter we heard about during the infamous 9/11 drills that went live on Sept. 11, 2001, ten years after big daddy Bush announced a need for a New World Order publicly when he addressed the nation.

But how could a tsunami go live? How could a tsunami be forecast?

Ahh… it’s written in the documents as a forecast. Why?

The only way to forecast a tsunami would be with a known impact, potentially an asteroid.

Full Story and Video here.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by poundpuppy

Put your head between your legs and kiss it all good bye but first pray to your Higher Power as you understand it that you are counted worthy to survive it all.

I can appreciate your concern, but I will not be following any such advice. I don't intend to put my head anywhere other than up high, where it can assess all the information around me without having to rely on anyone else to make decisions for me. It certainly won't be buried between my legs, or buried anywhere for that matter.

I am due to go on holiday next week on our West Coast, where I fully intend to enjoy this wonderful world we live in, without fear. I am well aware of the risks, and will be prepared, but I find it highly probable that I will make it back alive and well, with a clear head. I hope to see you all when I return, unless of course, these unfounded claims turn out to be true. But I must say, I'm pretty confident I will be back

I apolgise if I have come across as rude. It is well past my bed time, but I felt some things here needed to be addressed. Deny ignorance, and think for yourselves. Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It is actually written into the Exercise PACWAV11 documents the this drill can potentially go live during the time of play.

Of course it is! You wouldn't seriously expect them to continue a drill if an actual event took place, would you.

But how could a tsunami go live? How could a tsunami be forecast?

Ahh… it’s written in the documents as a forecast. Why?

The only way to forecast a tsunami would be with a known impact, potentially an asteroid.

I do not have time to watch the video right now, but I don't believe there is anywhere that the documents say this is a "forecast". Feel free to point where this is stated if it actually exists, but I've had enough of following up on false or erroneous claims for the night.

We cannot accurately forecast earthquakes, therefore we cannot be sure that one will not strike during the testing. Therefore, we must be prepared for the unlikely event that we get an actual tsunami during the tsunami drills. This is common sense, and it would be foolish to not prepare for such a scenario, despite the unlikeliness of it occuring.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Hello Curious and Concerned.

Very much appreciate your well researched contributions to this thread. It's a free and open discussion and everyone's participation helps get us closer to a clearer understanding and perspective on some of these issues. You have done an excellent job, and I thank you. Don't worry about being rude - certainly wasn't taken that way.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and come back to share more soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If it will happen it has already happened because spacetime returns to its origin. In other words, if it really does happen, what are you going to do about it?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The world ends every day according to "someone".

I'm just thinking of new predictions for next week. Oh, I think the world has already ended on Monday... nevermind...
Let's hope for more jokes like this!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The world ends every day according to "someone".

I'm just thinking of new predictions for next week. Oh, I think the world has already ended on Monday... nevermind...
Let's hope for more jokes like this!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves. Mom please wash it all away, I wanna see it go right down.

(TOOL lyrics)

In all honesty I don't really know what I would do in this case. I think of my family and the new born babies we have. Thats the only thing that would really freak me out at first. Followed by the thought of shortage of EVERYTHING. And then mass chaos.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yet another thread offering fear mongering. Yawn!!! No wonder this site has gone downhill, that's all you ever see on here now, pretty much every other week is the 'end of the world'. WTF man, get a life. Lets say it all was going to end, there's not a lot you or I can do about it anyway.

Whatever happened to the intelligent topics on here?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join