It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay pride parades in Israel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Now, the average christian believes that homosexuality is forbidden... and that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were wiped off the map for these very sins.

Now, among these christians are those who support Israel unconditionally... because of its prophetic importance. They believe that Israel was prophesied to be "re-established as a nation in one day" and that "Israel will be protected" etc.

To them, I ask...
did you know that Israeli society is guilty of public displays of homosexuality? (Google: "Tel Aviv gay pride parade") how do you deal with the fact that homosexuals parade about in Israel?

Do you still think that this "Israel", where gays parade in public, is the nation that was prophesied to be reborn?
Do you still suppose that this "Israel" will be on Gods side during the end times battles and be protected?
How do you rationalize this?

I request users to explain your positions in your own words....not just quote this or that from the bible.

NOTE : This thread is for discussing prophecy and Israel. It is NOT meant to incite hatred towards gays or anybody else.

edit on 6-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: added text in yellow

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
you definitely raise a good point. Israel is huge to Christianity and hard core Christians do not like gay people, and that's putting it nicely.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Very easy question to answer. First of all, just because a group of homosexuals got together and paraded does not mean that it is the sentiment of the population as a whole. But more importantly, if you read the Bible, but don't worry I won't quote it, you would know that Israel fails God all the time in the Old Testament, but by his grace and mercy he continues to forgive them once they realize they have gone astray and repent. So the idea of Israel leaving their morals and religious values is nothing new, and does not change God or his Word. And just so you know when it is the end times and Jesus returns he isn't going to need the assistance of man to accomplish his will.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hxc408

Its more than just "a group of homosexuals" who "got together and paraded" as you say.
What we have here is a European style modern state that holds "secular" values higher than the laws that the jews are expected to live by. So basically, this pops the bubble of the biblical Israel being "reborn" as many christians like to believe.

Tell me some more about this prophecy that states that Israel will be reborn in a day? Does it say that this new nation can allow homosexuality to be paraded like in Sodom? Does it allow the people in this country to mock the messiah? Tell me.

+

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What's with the rash of anti-Israel threads here all of a sudden?? Israel this, Israel that, Jews this, Jews that. Geeeesh. One would think some folks have a very dull axe to grind.

edit on 6-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Tell me some more about this prophecy that states that Israel will be reborn in a day? Does it say that this new nation can allow homosexuality to be paraded like in Sodom? Does it allow the people in this country to mock the messiah? Tell me.

Do you know what the purpose of the Tribulation is? Daniel's 70th week? This State of Israel, the same born in a day, was also prophesied in the last days to be a bother to ALL nations of the Earth. And this same State of Israel and the Jewish people are both prophesied to turn back to the Lord in both jealousy, (rapture) and their dire affliction (Tribulation).

Just because they are in active rebellion doesn't mean the end of the story has been written. I can show you covenants made with Israel in the OT in times of national rebellion as well. Aren't you grateful Israel is a macrocode of how God loves us all as a Father? Blesses us, loves us, seeks us, and awaits our return to Him with open arms, just like the Father in the "Prodigal Son" parable.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What's with the rash of anti-Israel threads here all of a sudden?? Israel this, Israel that, Jews this, Jews that. Geeeesh. One would think some folks have a very dull axe to grind.

You will notice a few things.

This is the religious section of the forums. Since christianity is the religion that gets discussed the most in this part of the forums... its very likely that Israel gets brought up. Even if its in a pro-Israel/pro-jewish kind of way.
Then there also that bit in bright yellow towards the end of the OP.

And as expected, you have justified this situation only to yourself by pulling up a quote from the bible and applying it to the festering wound that is Israel like an ointment. But... I'll play along with your "prodigal son" reply anyway. You see, the prodigal son, finally repented and came home because he realised he had hit rock bottom.

Israel however has not hit rock bottom... but instead are drunk with power... of both the military and the political kind...not to mention the support they recieve from Christ fearing christians.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I know they have not hit rock bottom yet, I already addressed that above.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Just because they are in active rebellion doesn't mean the end of the story has been written. I can show you covenants made with Israel in the OT in times of national rebellion as well. Aren't you grateful Israel is a macrocode of how God loves us all as a Father? Blesses us, loves us, seeks us, and awaits our return to Him with open arms, just like the Father in the "Prodigal Son" parable.

I can certainly see this my friend.

Let's take a look at the rebellion.

They are the "chosen" people of the ONE God that is the Alpha and the Omega, the everything of existence.

Yet, they try to offer incense to this being. Offering Incense to the being which created that incense? Ridiculous.

They were given the theology of One creator from the Egyptian mysteries taken by Moses.

Yet, they keep these teachings locked up and do not share them openly with the world.

They were given the greatest temple to the one true God.

He tore it down because the UNIVERSE is HIS temple.

They begged for a messiah.

Then killed him when it was given.

They begged for a new temple.

Then complain when a Brother came and built it for them.

A muslim man sought to teach his people their faith.

They rejected him as unworthy.

They were given their nation back.

And they cannot even find it in their hearts to share it with their Brothers fairly.

The doom of the Jews is that they ARE God's chosen people.

Chosen to carry the truth of his existence, yet not see it for themselves.

When the Jews see God in everything they behold, then they will understand the Torah and the many gifts they have been given through out time.

The new Torah is the life story each of us tells.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Most of the gays I've known are Christian.

Since gay rights is being accepted all over the globe - - - I'd say the "true" Christians of Jesus message of Love is winning out over those who continue to live in the dark ages of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You clearly do not know anything about Christianity or the Word of God. You are speaking in ignorance because you have subscribed to the ideology of satan. I am not trying to slander you, just showing you that if you believe a self professing homosexual can also be Christian you are wrong. It contradicts the message of Jesus. A true Christian that is fulled with the Holy Spirit could not continue being a practicing homosexual, because the Holy Spirit would convict him of such behavior so in the end he would have to choose God or his lust. And if these people claim otherwise, they are deceived. I am not saying we as Christians can not slip or fall in sin, but to be in a perpetual state of unrepentant sin is evidence that the person in question has put their lust before Christ.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by Annee

You clearly do not know anything about Christianity or the Word of God. You are speaking in ignorance because you have subscribed to the ideology of satan. I am not trying to slander you, just showing you that if you believe a self professing homosexual can also be Christian you are wrong. It contradicts the message of Jesus. A true Christian that is fulled with the Holy Spirit could not continue being a practicing homosexual, because the Holy Spirit would convict him of such behavior so in the end he would have to choose God or his lust. And if these people claim otherwise, they are deceived. I am not saying we as Christians can not slip or fall in sin, but to be in a perpetual state of unrepentant sin is evidence that the person in question has put their lust before Christ.

How pathetic. I was raised Christian. I am fully aware of man's words and interpretations - - which the bible - - a group of scripts selected by man consists of.

A true Christian. And I do mean a really true Christian - - - would know the true message over man's writings - - fears and prejudices.

Step out of the circle and maybe you will get your brain back.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

did you know that Israeli society is guilty of public displays of homosexuality? (Google: "Tel Aviv gay pride parade") how do you deal with the fact that homosexuals parade about in Israel?

Key word: Tel Aviv. /facepalm

I rest my case.
edit on 17-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join