It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.6 Just Hit Oklahoma..........Felt in Joplin, Mo

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Something that may be interesting to note about the EQ's in Oklahoma.

I grew up in McAlester, Oklahoma which is just about an hour and half SE of Shawnee. There is an Army Ammunition Plant on the outskirts of McAlester where they set off bombs regularly. I think they are just getting rid of old ammunition. The bombs shake the entire town and even surrounding towns nearly everyday.

When I was young it was weird to me, to be in class at school and the ground and windows would shake every few minutes from the explosions, but as I got older I rarely even noticed it anymore, or just didnt pay attention when the ground shook because I assumed it was the Ammunition Plant.

I was speaking to my father earlier this morning about the EQ's that happened yesterday. He said he had felt one Saturday during the day sometime but didnt give it any mind because he had thought it was the Plant. It wasn't until he saw it on the news that he found out it was a quake.

I wonder, in how many locations are there bombs set off like this on a regular basis, and if this has any effect on the stability of the faults.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Lots of people in North Texas have been calling in and posting on our local news stations facebook ( ABC affiliate WFAA) that they felt it. I am in North Texas myself and did not feel anything. Though my dog did seem to be extra extra skiddish right around the time of the earth quake.

Constantly trying to hide and all that. I did not know people felt it in my area until about an hour ago.

www.wfaa.com...
edit on 6-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

just hope nobodt is hurt or gets hurt in after shocks
peace

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Wow I have had the news on all morning and this is the first I found out about this. Getting my accurate news from a conspiracy site. lol bbut its true.
Went to the usgs site and looks like OK had another quake just 25 minutes ago.
Yeah I will say the fracking or the ammo manufacturing site are the culprit too.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

eeewwweeee..........I almost started thinking we went through a time warp........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

maybe I have strong feeling tonight there will be another 5.0 or greater. When I called my news desk they admitted that there was 2 earthquakes. Then I said something about one not being registered on USGS and the guy said no ummm there was just 1 yesterday. Then he laughed saying it is a consiracy.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
its amazing but the last 2-3 years people who have never experienced EQs before across the world...are

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I am with you on another strong one coming..............They same area just had another 3.7...........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by riddle6

Wow!! Ft Worth to Kansas City................What is going on beneath our surface??

I live up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - immediately north of North Dakota.. I had a dream early this week that the ground rolled towards me like a 20 - 30 foot wave..... Yes, it was only a dream, but very vivid and very strange ......and now this.....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

maybe I have strong feeling tonight there will be another 5.0 or greater. When I called my news desk they admitted that there was 2 earthquakes. Then I said something about one not being registered on USGS and the guy said no ummm there was just 1 yesterday. Then he laughed saying it is a consiracy.

The earth still be quakeing lol, link earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I live about 30 mins from the epicenter and my wife freaked out when the 5.6 hit. It did do some damage to my home does any know if regular home owners covers this kinda thing? I have about 20 cracks in my ceiling and walls. I used to live in cali and I knew instantly what it was cause i said to my wife as it was happening wow an earthquake.
it was a pretty good one where im at shaking hard enough to knock pictures off the walls and books off the shelves. Kinda scary to have earthquakes in Oklahoma its defiantly not normal for the area and makes me wonder whats causing all these earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well who wants to bet that this earthquake is explained by David Wilcock as another underground base being exploded by aliens? Don't bet, because I will end up rich, probably.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by riddle6

I think Pauligirls point may be that, where you have fault lines? You have quakes. Whether or not it is noticed
on a social level for the human kind or not. I thought the only faults were near Madrid. So fracking learning is a good thing.

edit on 5-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

Didn't know anything about or even what franking was till I watched this ! What happens in one location can have an impact in another..... Just sayin'......

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

OMG I am literally having panic attacks over this. 12;26 pm is too early for what I felt. It was between 3-5pm and a web site said 4:03 cst yesterday. I am trying to make sense of this but nothing logical explains it. There were no close plane crashes or tornados. Could I feel a 3.3?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by riddle6

Wow!! Ft Worth to Kansas City................What is going on beneath our surface??

I live up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - immediately north of North Dakota.. I had a dream early this week that the ground rolled towards me like a 20 - 30 foot wave..... Yes, it was only a dream, but very vivid and very strange ......and now this.....

Could be because Arkansas has placed a moratorium on waste water disposal from natural gas drilling, so they put the toxic water into a truck and drive it to Oklahoma or drive a little further and blast it back in, deep into the ground in north texas or northern new mexico to dump it and dispose of it. Oh yes and in Virginia too.
America always knew it had a large abundace of natural gas but we just found out in the past year, that extracting nat. gas AKA Fracking, and disposing of the toxic water is causing earthquakes. Research Fracking to see for yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I think it's a separate coverage. I live in Arkansas though so it may be different than Oklahoma, but here I had to have separate EQ Coverage. When you get house insurance they ask you if you want to include EQ insurance and if you say that you don't want it then you have to go in and sign a waiver for it. I went ahead and had my house covered just in case, it was only like 5 extra a month on the plan or something like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by TechniXcality

OMG I am literally having panic attacks over this. 12;26 pm is too early for what I felt. It was between 3-5pm and a web site said 4:03 cst yesterday. I am trying to make sense of this but nothing logical explains it. There were no close plane crashes or tornados. Could I feel a 3.3?

Yes you could feel a 3.3. Depending on where you are, how deep it was, what kind of earth you are sitting on -
etc. I've felt them in California, even the little ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The disaster plan information ive seen regarding a New Madrid quake like the one that occured at the turn of the century is extensive. The projections show a complete and total loss of orad / bridge infrastructure. It would drop all bridges crossing the Mississippi, shut down airports, both large snd small, and would create a logistical nightmare on getting people supplies in and getting people out.

The plan is so extensive that it utilises part of the old nuclear war style setup, where a region of the state would be designated for evacuation of wounded. Another area would be the stage for equipment and supplies heading into the affected area. Other regions are designated to receive people who have been displaced, etc etc etc.

Lots more detailed info than I care to go into, however the plan is very evident that the State and Federal governments have taken a New Madrid quake very seriously. The St. Louis / East St. Louis region in addition to Memphis region would come close to being leveled. While earth quake upgrads have been made to infrastructure in those areas, the improvement made arent designed to withstand a high magnitude quake.

With the improvements made after Katrina and a few other large scale disasters (in terms of what can we do better and what did not work) I feel that if a massive quake hit, we as a country would be able to tackle it.

People just need to keep in mind that even the best laid plans can fail from an unexpected twist they didnt account for. I think people should contact their reps and ask about responses to something like that. People need to ask quetions until they get an answer (regardless if its one they want to hear).

For the Joplin EF-5 we had over 1,500 law enforcement / military guard units respond from Missouri and the surrounding states, in addition to federal law enforcement like the Postal Inspectors, Tribal Police from department of the interior, etc etc etc.

From what I saw when all that went down was a smooth coordinated response where all agencies knew their role, while being adaptive to emergency rules (curfew / identification in affecetd areas etc).

Even the curfew setup was impressive. They sectioned off areas and established a curfew for just those areas and no where else. During day hours people were allowed into those areas to assist with debris / finding items etc. At night fall only residents who lived in those areas were allowed to stay overnight. Law enforcement not only had mobile patrols, they also used foot patrols and atv patrols.

Communication between all agencies, as well as communications from the City / Government to the residents of the the Joplin region were all kept in the loop. I also found it interesting when it came to supplies. I expected a run on supplies, however what I experienced threw me for a loop. People only bought what they needed to take care of their immediate needs. Gas stations and a few others critical infrastructures were restricted to affected people only, like gas.

Granted a new madris quake would do a lot more damage however it is reassuring to know that the government at all levels, including FEMA, took to heart the criticism and issues during katrina etc and have improved in those deficient areas, and by far FEMA has done the largest change and their approach in Joplin was pretty close to brilliant.

Even with all of those agencies and governments involved, it was a City of Joplin run response, and not one person / agency I saw had any issues with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's a website called Frac Focus that will let you know of the U.S. hydraulic fracturing projects in your area.

Click on "Find a Well" and then make sure you click on "Standard Search" for all of the detail concerning the project.

fracfocus.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From a west coast "Rock n' Roller"... to all you newbies, calm down. Smile. You have just experienced an earth quake... and survived it. A lot of little ones are better than one big one. As long as the plates are moving a little bit at a time, then nothing is building up for a big slip. I said it somewheres that the entire Pacific Rim will have to "readjust" after the continuos strong activity over on the Japan side. There is an imbalance that is working it self out. As long as it is happening in continous fits and starts. The earth is likened to a large bell. When you hit a bell that big that hard (Japan), it resonates for a long time afterward. Booonng... ong... ong... ong.

Weird to be sitting on Terra Firma and suddenly realize it's not so solid, huh? Earth feels like it moves like a ship on an ocean sometimes. Dis cobooberating.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join