It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.6 Just Hit Oklahoma..........Felt in Joplin, Mo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Way to go, quietly crapping in his pants while keeping his game face!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

I am north of the river in the 64117 area. I am just curious as to when you felt the first shaking?
I am also the inter dimsension list on yahoo. They are talking about a possible time shift.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

For what it’s worth………

I received a phone call from my employee (RN) yesterday who stated that a 4.1 quake hit Duneweg Mo around noon….(the other side of the tracks in Joplin)……

I immediately started looking for confirmation of it and found nothing……….

I live approximately 15 miles away and we felt nothing………

Several people I knew also claimed the quake happened and felt it………….

I finally just chalked it up as an “aftershock” from the 4.7 the night before………

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

I am north of the river in the 64117 area. I am just curious as to when you felt the first shaking?
I am also the inter dimsension list on yahoo. They are talking about a possible time shift.

Hi!

I unfortunately never felt it yesterday! I was driving most of the day so I guess that's why...
I did however, hear a deep weird sound in the wind, so that was the extent of my experience.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
with regards to Fracking, I just came across this video:

Oklahoma MAN MADE earthquakes -- Fracking -- 5.6 magnitude within occuring swarm

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Damage report after 5.6 magnitude eq strikes olklhoma ...www.foxnews.com...://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/06/52-magnitude-ear thquake-strikes-oklahoma/?intcmp=trending

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So it could be an aftershock or a foreshock? Maybe I felt an after shock from the one in missouri. The meteorlogist must have been referring to the earthquake that happened in OK the night before but 4.7 is not historical? This could explain it but not 100%. The news lady and meteorlogist were joking around a bit so maybe he was being scarcstic not knowing a 5.6 was about to happen 5 hours later. He was invertingly psychic.
This also does not explain the web site that reported a 5.0+ in OK that happened at 4:03 pm. I looked at the web site at 6 pm.
Does the USGS not report major aftershocks?

edit on 6-11-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

Well hello my fellow NKC gal. Pretty strange, no one I've talked to thats born and raised here (gladstone) has ever felt an earthquake before.

This is great, I did not think there were people on here in this area! For some reason
I lived in hawaii for the past 10 years then moved back to KC where I grew up, about a year ago. I've been through some earthquakes over there but yah, I've never heard of anything like this stuff being felt in Kc.

ALSO I think Oklahoma just got another earthquake an hour or two ago

USGS Live Report

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It was felt by a bunch of people in Chicago (and neighboring suburbs), and it was felt as North as Milwaukee....

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just posted this but here it goes again. The second earthqauke was less intense by about 30%.It lasted only 15 seconds where the other one lasted almost a minute. The first one in the afternoon scared me more and the second one was almost EXACTLY like the first only less intense. The second was less shaky and it was slightly louder.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I live in Joplin and it was quite an experience. Ive never been in an earthquake before and based on the shaking from this one (which was very minor) I dont think I want to experience a larger one. Local media reported that the quake was felt as far east as Springfield / Rogersville MO. It was felt as far north as Kansas City.

The USGS tracking map showed activity from Oklahoma all the way to Tennessee. The track followed along the New Madrids fault.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilChapeau

This is from the Arkansas earthquake thread.........Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

You can see that the size of the Oklahoma quakes are much larger and more intense than the Arkansas swarm...............

It could be due to fracking.......who knows...............

The larger quakes were around 4.0+ in that Arkansas swarm............

Seeing that we have a 4.7 and a 5.6...........We just may see another 5.0+ in this Oklahoma swarm.......

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by Robin Marks

You mentioned over 700 quakes in recent months...here you go, 706 EQ's:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16ef6c17a33c.gif[/atsimg]

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

edit on 6-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Memphis sits near New Madrids fault line.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I need to get my camcorder ready just in case there is no record of it or it changes. I am still freaked out but more due to the time difference. I wish I would have looked at the time on the second one that happened. It was dark and after the news. I always thought that New Madrid would the epicenter of the next big one for the midwest; maybe not. What happens if these two faults both go off?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'd normally post this kind of reply in a religion or prediction section, but for those of you interested in a possible spiritual clue for the Oklahoma earthquake(s), read on....

Right now members of the Meher Baba community are reacting with interest to this quake as the epicenter seems to be extremely close to the site of Meher Baba's May 24, 1952 car accident on Highway 62. According to CNN, that highway has buckled in three places.

Since most people have never heard of Meher Baba, the Indian spiritual master who coined the well known phrase "Don't worry, be happy," (later popularized in the Bobby McFerrin song), I'll just summarize a bit. Baba lived from 1894 to 1969, and is regarded by his followers, perhaps up to a million people worldwide, as the Avatar of the Age--that is, God in human form, or the Christ or Buddha come again.

His car accident near Prague, Oklahoma (which was only 45 days after the previously largest Oklahoma earthquake on April 9th, 1952), is regarded as a modern day crucifixion for the Kali Yuga (Machine or Iron Age). In the same way tens of thousands of people were crucified in Christ's time, many thousands a year suffer in car accidents today. In this accident, the left half of Baba's body was smashed. (Four years later, in India, Baba suffered another car accident, at which time the opposite, right side of his body was crushed).

When Meher Baba's master, an old Sufi woman named Hazrat Babajan, was said to have unveiled his divinity to him in 1913, she declared that he would one day "shake the world."

During Meher Baba's lifetime, his close disciples often observed a correlation between things Baba would do or say, and events that would take place in the world shortly afterwards.

On May 24, 1932, exactly 20 years before Baba's accident, he asked his follower, Elizabeth Patterson (a wealthy American woman, one of the first women to visit the North Pole), to mark the date, without explaining why. She was the one driving the car 20 years later on the day of the accident, which was not her fault. She didn't recall him asking her to mark the date until she found it in her book, years later.

Baba kept silence for the last 43 years of his life, and predicted his "manifestation" that would occur when his silence was finally broken. He spoke of 3/4 of the world being destroyed, and then a New Life or New Humanity being established. Since Baba "dropped his body" in 1969, this breaking of the silence, if true, seems to have a more mystical meaning.

Baba indicated at some point that this would not occur until after his disciples had all passed away. His last close disciple, Bhau Kalchuri, is currently ailing in India and is thought to not have much time left.

Therefore, this earthquake, with the epicenter at the site of his accident, could be considered to be a sign....

But hey...don't worry, be happy?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by upasni

Hey dude, Baba is crazy. Haven't you ever seen Dragon Ball Z?

Good luck to all!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Minor by California standards..

I just love when people that have never felt a earthquake are on the receiving end.

Where i live in Calif we had a 4.1 and it did not even make the front pages of the paper.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

It kind of works the same out here for minor scale tornadoes, since we see them so often. We rarely have EQ's so when one is felt it is more likely to make the news. Kind of how I would imagine if you had a tornado in California, it would be more likely to make the news than the minor EQs that happen more often.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So i think I have peiced together what happened to cause the confusion as to times.There was a 4.7 foreshock which must have been what i felt in the afternoon and what the meterologist was talking about. Apperantally usgs only reports an actul earthquake not foreshocks or aftershocks. The meterologist must have talked about the historical earthquake that happened in 1952 which was a 5.5.
I think I have finally made sense of it all. So this means the ground could shake again and it is not an "offical" earthquake, such as fore or aftershock it will not be recorded.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Minor by California standards..

I just love when people that have never felt a earthquake are on the receiving end.

Where i live in Calif we had a 4.1 and it did not even make the front pages of the paper.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

And you don't get it......early, someone posted yes F3/F4 tornado in NY is usual but normal for Oklahoma....Comparing an earthquake in Oklahoma to one in Cali is just idiotic. This has been covered, and who cares how many earthquakes you in Cali have gone through, it is normal for your area....It is NOT in fact normal for Oklahoma. Because I KNOW that the first time you see a tornado, the boys and girls in oklahoma will shrug and go, 'so?'....oh wait, do you normally get tornadoes in cali, oh right, you don't. Stop trying to down play this by comparing apples to your toes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join