It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Illinois Straw Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Unelectable?!? There was a little piece on the 9 o'clock news about it. I went to the station site to read more on it. No surprise that i couldn't find anything on it. The Chicago Tribune did do the story. A surprise because this state is the most corrupt in the country 2nd only to New York.
www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
heman "sexually harass your girlfriend/wife while she is at work" cain is tptb puppet regime leader of choice.

so therefore all their media controlled outlets are using hollywood magic to make it appear all of america is behind him.

how else are they going to invade iran without uncle herman appearing to take charge. that's what he does best.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

looks like cain took second in this poll. i don't like his ties to the fed. i don't care as much about his sexual exploits unless as assault is involved.

lol- perry 2.5%

these are campaign contributors, too! people who spoke with their money. eventually the msm is going to have to acknowledge paul's popularity. how can he not be leading national polls?
edit on 11/5/11 by godWhisperer because: did not mean to imply that i support cain.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yup. People keep saying he's unelectable. Hell I've even read on few comments on Yahoo news regarding the Election in one person's comment said that the reason why Ron Paul won't be elected into office next year is because he's irrelevant. IRRELEVANT. If anybody thinks Ron Paul is more irrelevant than say Mitt Romney or Herman Cain than we have a serious problem. You shouldn't be voting for these candidates just because they're Democrats or Republicans. What some people fail to do these days is that people will vote for candidates that represents their political party. Personally, I see this as a problem. We shouldn't be electing people just because they are Democrats or Republicans. We should elect a person that can run this country no matter what side they come from.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
YAY!!

He's not gonna be on the ballot, you're gonna have to write him in. These other candidates are gonna be pushed in your face till the end. Write in Ron Paul.

Tell your friends, tell everyone about Ron Paul.

P.S. check my posting history, I'm not a new member with one agenda. It's a soap opera and Ron Paul isn't the main actor. Write him in, talk about him with your friends and let everyone know you support him!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I'm just glad Perry did extremely poor.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Ron Paul still holding his own. Last week in the Iowa strawpoll he got 82% of the vote. CNN was there and basically tried to hide it. It is only a matter of time until Cain goes down in the polls like the rest of them. With his ties to the Federal Reserve, sexual harrassment scandal and now his connection to Kessinger. I am sure this is only the beginning of the truth coming out about him. Whether the MSM wants to admit it and the Republican party wants to face it. Ron Paul is the leading contender.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Congrats Ron Paul. I really wish you could be our next president.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
RP needs to win Iowa. Then they'll have no choice but to cover him.
2nd

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Another one in the bag for liberty! Eventually, the corporate media is going to have to acknowledge Ron Paul's top tier status.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Its not on CNN or MSNBC.com...what is going on? Are they serioulsy trying to hide under the covers..?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Don't you guys know? Straw polls are irrelevant unless the person you want to win is winning.

Many Ron Paul supporters are people who had become disillusioned with voting long ago for reasons we are all aware of. Choosing between the lesser of two evils, voting machines, voter fraud have kept many people from wasting their time. But a lot of these people are getting interested this time around.

A lot of people site Obama's "change campaign" as an example that we are in rerun mode, but none of the things that Ron Paul is proposing was ever mentioned by Obama. Similarly, these ideas that Ron Paul is offering are things we have needed for a long time, and this is the first time anyone has proposed doing them.

I am talking to people all day long about what RP is proposing and telling them to look him up on YouTube. Generally the folks I tell this to fall into the discouraged category. You get better results if you plant in a fertile field

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
"Paul traditionally has done well in online polling and won 66.5 percent of the 2,743 on-line votes cast, but only 8 percent of the 906 in-person ballots cast Saturday. Among in-person voting, Romney led with 35 percent to Cain’s 29 percent."

I love Ron Paul and his supporters are typically smarter than the rest, but why are Ron Paul supporters so lazy?

Either that, or they're too busy working or contributing to society to vote in person.

But you can't vote online in the real deal!

edit on 6-11-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ron has got to start showing solid numbers over at Rassmussen. Straw poll results are ok, but it´s not going to bring home the bacon in the end. I wonder what Ron and his election team are planning to do to elevate his national popularity and attract more undeceided and independant voters. According to Rassmussen, Ron Paul currently trails Obama by a 44% to 35% margin. That flat out sucks. www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
"Paul traditionally has done well in online polling and won 66.5 percent of the 2,743 on-line votes cast, but only 8 percent of the 906 in-person ballots cast Saturday. Among in-person voting, Romney led with 35 percent to Cain’s 29 percent."

I love Ron Paul and his supporters are typically smarter than the rest, but why are Ron Paul supporters so lazy?

edit on 6-11-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

Maybe it's not that they're lazy, but it's because they're smarter than the rest and can just do it from the computer. Doesn't mean it's any less legitimate, you don't see the other candidates getting votes from online. A vote is a vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Front of Reuters US .com edition

www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/06/us-usa-campaign-illinois-idUSTRE7A507M20111106

has propagated to financial CNBC www.cnbc.com/id/45178834

Those are interesting stats.. the whole internet poll vs. in-person poll..

Ron Paul - 66.5% of internet - only 8% of in-person
Romney - only 7% of internet - 35% of in-person
Cain - 15% internet - 25% in-person

Can't quite figure out exactly what that might mean in terms of the reality of the situation.. still just waking up

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Maybe it's not that they're lazy, but it's because they're smarter than the rest and can just do it from the computer. Doesn't mean it's any less legitimate, you don't see the other candidates getting votes from online. A vote is a vote.

They may be "smarter" by voting online, but when it comes to the actual primary elections and RP only get a few % of the vote because all of his online voters are sitting at home and not going to the polls...well...a vote is a vote...only if it's cast.

We'll have to wait for the primaries to see the voter turnout, since that's the only "poll" that's going to count.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That's right. Unelectable.

Straw polls may give a candidate a boost, as it did for Cain in Florida, but the straw polls showing Ron Paul winning are a joke and this is why right here. The mistake Ron Paul supporters can't seem to stop making is that they equate self abuse with a real relationship. It may feel really good to the Paul supporters, but no one else is paying much attention. If they do, they're laughing at you. When you look at the more scientific polls, i.e.: ones where Paul supporters can't spam the ballot box, where you have a true random sample of likely voters, you see that Ron Paul has maintained a very steady 8% or so. He goes up a little, down a little, but his bedrock of support remains at a rock solid 8%. No matter what he does, no matter what he says for the last five years or so, he is still at 8%. Obviously after this long Paul has no tricks up his sleeve. He has nothing new to add. It's the same old same old. All he's really done is grow older.

Now I've heard serious replies to this idea to the effect that other candidates' supporters could do the same thing, i.e.: Spam the polls, therefore that they don't is an indication of their lack of support.

Uh, no.

That assumes that other candidates' supporters are like Ron Paul supporters and act like Ron Paul supporters. Well, they don't, mostly because they're grown-ups. They are not fooled and do not take seriously this idea that spamming a poll means the poll reflects reality. They're a lot more interested in getting the real poll numbers up and they know that self-abuse does not equate to the real thing--unless you are desperate.

Ron Paul has his 8%, and he's done nothing substantial with it for half a decade. That makes him

unelectable.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
By process of elimination he essentially is the front runner. Everyone else has put their foot in their mouth.

It's sort of funny. Every other republican candidate can be said to be defined by one of the 7 deadly sins. Greedy Romney, Wrathful Perry, prideful Santorum, lustful Cain, etc etc. A divine comedy I'd say. God's playing the biggest joke on the Republicans.

Anyway, through process of elimination he's the last one left. Keep it up and he may get the nomination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join