It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Event in Southern IL. Please Read! Need Answers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is a description of a series of events which happened to my (now) ex-girlfriend several years ago. Her name is Stormi, she and I dated for nearly 6 years. Something happened to her aunt Brenda, herself, and their dog Star. Since we do not speak anymore, I can only recount the story as I've heard it many times before.
I completely believe Stormi, and her aunt. Neither of them was altered in any way the night of this event, and the following is too strange to fabricate.

It happened over two nights at a private camping area during the summer of 2008 (estimated year.) The area was a lake community in the forest near Casey, IL. Stormi's family has owned a plot of land there for over 13 years, and throughout the years they have seen strange lights in the sky... formations, etc, etc. Nothing was ever really made of it except slight jokes and sighs of wonderment.

Until one night, while on a late golf cart ride around the roughly quarter-mile circle around the "park" area of the campgrounds, Stormi and her aunt felt somthing strange.

"It felt like the trail was taking forever... at least five minutes it felt like to to turn the curve which is only a few hundred feet." Stormi described it. She even asked her aunt if they were on the path anymore.

Directly after realizing this feeling, they both noticed this trailer off to the side of the path the had never seen before. They slowed down and looked for a minute, and could never remember seeing it before. They continued to go down the path, but stopped and decided that they should go take another good look at it. (Stormi's grandmother was suffering from MS at the time, and she couldn't get out much, and was thus very curious about everything.)

Within the span of about three minutes, they had circled back to where the trailer was only to discover that it was gone without a trace! There was no disturbance in the grass, no tracks, and certainly no semi truck or any other vehicle capable of towing a mobile home had driven up the path behind them. And even if it had, there was sound, no lights, and definitely not enough time for even the speediest trucker to even back up the truck, let alone hitch it and tow it off unnoticed.

Incredulous, they both made sure they had both seen this thing. They both describe it as being brown and white. They estimated it was a 70s model trailer, even with a little front porch. It reflected off their flashlights, and sat perpendicular to the path. The little dog, Star is usually very rambuncious on the golf cart, but this night she laid in the floorboard the whole time.

Now, you may feel as if this was strange enough, but there is more to this story. They both recall Star having nightmares the night before this event, and upon waking up to her yelping, both Stormi and her aunt heard a hovering sound, seemingly directly above their campers, and it just so happened they had spotted some of the lights in the sky that night before going to sleep.

Perhaps the strangest part was discovered after the night of the vanishing trailer had passed. The next morning, Stormi, her aunt, and even little Star came to find a triangular mark slightly right of their right breasts. The marks were like small bug bites, but were each shaped identically to the next, in perfect formation on each person involved.

To this day, Stormi will slight at having to tell that story again, and I know it frustrates her not knowing what happened... only THAT it happened....

So, if there is anyone out there who feels like they could shed some light or even relate to this experience, it would be greatly appreciated...
edit on 5-11-2011 by Aqualung2012 because: mistitled

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Triangle marks likeTHESE?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

I don't believe that those marks were permanent (or even semi permanent.) She described them as being red, and spaced about 3 inches apart.

Your link was extremely interesting I must say!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

That story reminds me of one of the incidents at Skinwalker Ranch. I have read this book and it goes into much more detail, but I found a site that has an overview:

In the spring of 1995, the Gormans started seeing strange things in the sky. While out checking on their cattle, Gorman and his nephew spotted what they thought was a recreational vehicle parked on the property. They approached it, figuring the driver might be having mechanical trouble. As they got closer, the RV moved silently away from them. They moved closer, it moved further away. They climbed a fence to get a better look at it, and that's when they knew this was no Winnebago. The craft rose above the treetops and slowly flew away, making no sound as it departed. It certainly wasn't a helicopter. The witnesses had a clear view and say the object was shaped like a refrigerator, with a single light on its front and a red light on the back.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This seems like a time-slip of some sort. Maybe a slip into a very close or parallel dimension. The strange lights seem disconcerting to me. The lake that my family and I have land also has a strange history concerning lights and strange orbs. I've never witnessed seeing them myself, but my parents have had a very close and bizarre encounter with a UFO there. It's weird as this lake has had centuries of history even with the Aboriginals referring to it in their history. They have professed to always steer clear of the area because of the strange lights. Hence them naming it Candle Lake.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Wow, thats quite similar actually! I read through the website, and that place seems unbelievable.

From the description they always gave, there was no doubt that it was (the shape of) a trailer, details including windows, shudders, and underpinning. I would think this was not a craft, or at least I could not explain why any ET would need (or choose) to disguise their craft as a 70s model trailer, hehe.

We had never gotten to the bottom of what sort of phenomenon this was (time distortion, ET, paranormal, etc, etc, or even a combination of many types.)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Regarding your time slip comment. I would be inclined to agree with that as a theory. The "slow-time" sensation they experienced, as well as the vintage make of the trailer seem to hint at something along those lines.

I have heard of this theory which says that time may be looked at as a rubber band ball, and as it rolls along different "bands" of time may press against eachother, and cause anomalous integration with eachother.

Adding into the account of the Lights, the hovering, the triangle marks on the skin, there seems to be an ET aspect to it as well, and so the question arises for me:

Had the ETs been running an experiment on time lapse and the human reaction?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is a really freaky story
I second the time-slip comment.
2nd

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Maybe ET is involved and maybe they weren't. Maybe the area is a hotspot or conducive to the dissipation between dimensions and time? Maybe (if there were aliens) they were there to record the incident, observe, witness,...whatever. What if the marks were from some type of memory eraser beam similar to the type Tommy Lee Jones uses on Men in Black? I'm not intelligent enough to provide logistics of what I propound, but these are all armchair theories that are plausible at least.

I enjoy reading accounts such as these, especially those related to time-slips and dimensional abnormalities. Always fascinating

edit on 5-11-2011 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

reply to post by Goldcurrent

yup, sounds like a time slip. the dog had a triangular mark too, huh. rather faerie like

edit on 5-11-2011 by reject because: comment regarding star

edit on 5-11-2011 by reject because: impish

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yeah, that Skinwalker Ranch had all kinds of strange incidents. Another time, they saw the camper-like thing outside the window of their home and locked up, but it was gone in the morning. They saw things climbing out of mid-air portals and portals appear in the distance and then close later. I think personally that it might be a place where dimensions and perhaps timelines tend to overlap periodically. The author of the book touched on a number of theories, plus background history about the area and local and cultural lore. It was very interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, I don't know how much you believe in this stuff, but I've read a few books about the "alien abduction" phenomenon. I recognize several aspects of your friend's story as being similar to some abduction accounts, including the distorted sense of time, bodily lesions and perplexing experiences.

In particular, I recall one account in which a woman reported that while she was driving along a country road at night, she came upon what appeared to her to be a large traffic accident involving multiple cars. I believe she said that there were flashing lights at the scene, like those on emergency vehicles. But there were no people there at all, and all of the damaged cars were red. Many alleged abductees report odd, confusing encounters - such as the mystery trailer in your friend's experience - along with a feeling of missing time or other temporal anomaly.

These kind of weird encounters are often found upon investigation to be some kind of "screen memory" for a more or less standard alien abduction scenario, which the abductee eventually remembers, frequently while under some kind of hypnosis. Bizarre encounters with animals having unusually large or compelling eyes - deer, cats, owls - are another kind of screen memory reported over and over.

People also frequently report unusual marks on the skin after such an experience. In one case, a father and his young son each had identical anomalous lesions on their bodies following what they later recognized as an abduction experience. I think the marks may even have been triangular.

Take that information for what it's worth. Just some stuff that I read.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Orkojoker because: added text

edit on 6-11-2011 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Wow, that account with the accident was remarkable! Very similar to what Stormi described. She has had strange "dreams" where there are black figures surrounding her bed since this incident. She dose seriously consider the possibility of an abduction. In fact,that is what she is most inclined to believe.

I really appreciate the input, truly. It's great to see correlations and compairisons, and to learn about other indicents as well. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

this reminds me of paths to the past
i once read in a book of the unexplained
i think it was by a married couple the rendles

new topics

top topics

join