It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13 Crystal Skulls to invoke the Great Cosmic Spirit on 11/11/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Originally posted by spoor

A tv show!

The legend of 13 skulls date back to before a 2008 tv show. A Clive Cussler book from 1999 mentions it as part of a fictional story. A fictional book series I read back in 95 mentions it too. (I don't remember the name of this series. Wish I did.)

Around the same time I was reading all kinds of books on the paranormal and the like, and in a few books back then the 13 crystal skulls were mentioned.

Not that I believe that the 13 skulls are in special. They're just neat looking pieces of art.

Thank you for the helpful post!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I don't trust wikipedia as a valuable source of information because it is publicly edited and revised. Just as my college courses do not recognize it as a valid scientific and accredited source, I do not either.

Having said that, I am not directly trying to refute any information posted in the link you provided, but the one hanging point that I have with the crystal skulls is in their creation, not in their supposed mystical properties.

For all I know they are just nice decoration or ceremonial in nature, nothing more. However examination of the skulls revealed no tool marks and given the time of their construction, modern construction would have difficulty providing an accurate reporoduction of such a detailed crystal skull within the tolerances that it is constructed.

King

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Have a look at the National Geographic 'The Truth Behind' documentary (currently being shown in the UK on cable) about the 'Mitchell Hedges' skull, often known as the 'Skull of Doom', and certainly the best known of the crystal skulls. Everything about it, when thoroughly examined, shouts machine-made fake, but for me the key fact is that, far from his daughter finding it in Belize in the 1920s, Mitchell-Hedges actually bought it at an auction at Sotheby's in London a decade later!

The tales I've read have this skull as one of the essentials of the Thirteen. I wouldn't take anything involving it at all seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I'm guessing you do not watch truth or history channel, these crystal skulls have been a legend sense probably the 80's when the first 2 were discovered.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure about these 13 skulls but the skulls in the Smithsonian and British museums are faked where tool marks are obvious and modern synthetic abrasives were found to have been used.

Also these skulls are still being made in a small town in Germany renown for its skills in Brazilian quartz stonework such as the skulls.

The British results of microscopic examinations of the Smithsonian and British skulls:

www.britishmuseum.org...

ABC news story on the German town still making the skulls:

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 6-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Related Thread

some of the 13 skulls are either fake or not what they are purported to be.
this meeting involves known charlatans

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Also I posted this on another thread about the skulls.

A modern crystal skull goes on display in Mannheim to highlight a secretive tradition of German stone cutting. this full size skull was made in 2011 and is on display in Mannheim, Germany.

Please click on for larger picture.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

From a story in Der Spiegel:

www.spiegel.de...
extra DIV

top topics

<< 1   >>

join