It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakdown of a Huffington Post: "Up to my neck in Debt"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

bro, if you read my posts, youd see im pushing for more substance and work put into threads. As you can see, I put a lot of both into this thread. nice try though

also, is this your second account?? mods should double check this persons IP address, compared to the IP's found in this thread
"http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread776995/pg3#pid12831834"

me thinks we have someone with 2 accounts

edit on 11/18/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

nope only account..sorry to disappoint you...and in all honesty all i was doing is making a point..you have a valid one with this thread don't get me wrong but i saw ya talking in another thread about how the issue wasn't a conspiracy..so i felt the need to bust your *alls a lil...no offense...its early and the coffee hasn't kicked in

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If you spend over $50,000 for a college education for a profession where you can't make a good income from, then you have made a very poor decision. I know of people, smart people, who went to college and got majors in fields that they will never either use in the workforce or get paid very average to low salaries. It's makes no sense to me why they chose to do this. Probably because the student loan money wasn't their money, that makes it easy to spend.

For the money some people spend on college, I can put up two or three of my stores and take home $45,000 to $60,000 in year one, with the income growing from there each year. In 5 years they each will pull $100,000. I will also employ 30 to 45 people. And, yes I went to college and am not using my degree in my chosen profession and no I didn't take out student loans.

They teach a lot of things in college, desire and determination and how to make common sense decisions and above all, make money don't seem to part of the core curriculum. That's too bad. I see a lot of MBA's who don't have the first clue about being an entrepreneur.

It's not just college, it's our whole education system. If you really want to get depressed, rent "Waiting for Superman".

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

and if you read my posts, you would see I was also pushing for more quality content from people. But if you check the admins post right after your original, you will see that there is certainly a conspiracy afoot concerning college tuition and the basic lack of rationality in our youth.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

lack of rationality is not a conspiracy it's a sad fact of society in current times....while I'm not arguing with your post in general because as i said you do have a valid point...i am giving you a hard time...sorry it's kind of what i do..nothing personal....trying to have me banned because I've done it though..kinda cheap don't ya think?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Thoughts, ATS?

No person in this country should be denied the right to an education, regardless of how advanced the education is.. in fact, we should encourage our citizens to be the most intelligent and studied people in the World, and we should use our vast resources to strive to make sure we offer the best institutions to achieve such standings.

Education is a Natural Right. It's a Right given by the creator to all Humans, and to restrict through expense and indenture into servitude the huge expense of attaining that education is a violation of basic Human Rights. Our higher education system is an abomination, an embodiment of all that is wrong with our country. It should be free, the expenses paid by taxes, and no level of education should be restricted, no subject demonized, no expense, it should be a Right for all citizens of this country.

Really? God handed down a decree that says every man woman and child on this planet is OWED an Education at the expense of ....someone else?

Interesting. It is my opinion that the only right we have as humans, is the one to die. Everything else is up for interpretation and subject to perspective.
edit on 11/27/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looks like China is doing something relatively smart here:
China to Cancel College Majors That Don't Pay

China’s Ministry of Education announced this week plans to phase out majors producing unemployable graduates, according to state-run media Xinhua. The government will soon start evaluating college majors by their employment rates, downsizing or cutting those studies in which less than 60% of graduates fail for two consecutive years to find work.

Pretty good move on their part if you ask me...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Jeez, now we have posts RIDICULING peoples choices of furthering their education!!! Jeeze.

Isnt there better things to focus on like how college kids are azz raped with tuition prices regardless of where they go and how they will not be able to find a job (other than fast food or the grocery mart) when they graduate????

Just seems like more important issues to waste time on rather than a persons choice in FURTHERING their EDUCATION.

Sounds like more of the silly nonsense of placing-the-blame-on-the-people-instead-of-the-flawed-system-and-SNAKES in our country.

Shift-the-blame-distractions. Remove the spotlight from the SNAKES.

Nice try.

edit on 5-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Actually I think both issues need to be addressed. No one is faulting the author for going to school, but she clearly has made some questionable choices regarding school.

We can discuss tuition cost being high all day long, but the fact is if people are willing to pay that high cost, where is the incentive to bring it down? People have choices to make. No one placed a gun to any students head and forced them to go into debt by 40k for education.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join