It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homes in Pictures, of the GOP Cadidates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Touche, well played good sir.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here is a link to Obama's home in Chicago to balance this thread.
I believe he should be included in this also. For the OP, Why begrudge others success?This is tabloid fodder,just as looking at the "stars" if you call them that, their homes/mansions.
I assume Obama is part of the 1%,along with all of the GOP candidates? If not, how is he any different?

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) and his wife, Michelle Obama, live in this home in the Kenwood community area of Chicago. It is located in the 5000 block of South Greenwood. They paid $1.65 million for the Georgian-style home shortly after he became a senator in 2005.[/exLink
edit on 11/5/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Joking aside, my thinking here is, so what if they have big and nice houses? They earned these things and paid for them with their own money.

Politicians on both sides of the fence have nice homes. This is nothing new. If I am supposed to be upset or shocked that politicians have nice homes....Well, I am not.

That said, I like Mitt's house the best. I have always liked houses that have a bit of a country feel to it. Looks very big and private to.

And Michelle Bauchman if you are reading, I will give you my vote in exchange for the Ford GT in your drive way.

edit on 5-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
OMG people living nicely!

The OUTRAGE

Let's go lynch these people for having more than us!

That's not the point.

It's one thing to live nicely. It's quite another to openly live more nicely than struggling people who you claim you represent and want to help, while not really doing much to help them at all but rather screw them while you eat filet mignon. The king who throws pennies to feed the peasants, while simultaneously taxing them into starvation.

Nothing that disgusts me more than seeing people openly well off standing and acting like they represent people who aren't well off. Like a guy in an Armani suit going to the ghetto and saying, "I feel you brother, i'm just like you."

Granted, i don't think most of those houses are all that great, but they are certainly better than what a lot of people have.

Such is life.

Then again, that is their right as an American. And we elect them. Over and over.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Honestly who cares?

Has the state of politics gotten so bad that we have to compare the homes of presidential candidates from the different parties?

Do you vote for the person with the biggest or smallest house?

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Note about Romney's house:
Apparently they sort of "forgot" to mention that Romney felt his 3,000-square foot, $12 million San Diego home (La Jolla) was too small, so he's tearing it down to replace it with an 11,000-square foot mansion. However, he's keeping the lap pool and the spa. (Well, that's a relief!) [Romney plans to quadruple the size of his California home]

The criticism of Ron Paul is just ridiculous:

"...it did not seem to occur to the three-time presidential candidate to include any photos of the front of the house or the interior."

Hmm, could it perhaps be because he's a private person and doesn't want people to see that?

Romney, Huntsman, and Santorum (3 of 8 candidates) are the only ones to include a (single) view of the interior, and Santorum's "interior pic" appears to be unlived-in, i.e. a "stock" picture; Cain, Gingrich, and Santorum only have one aerial shot of their homes (no other pics); in Rick Perry's picture, it looks like something's on fire!

On the other hand, RP has pictures of his backyard, including the gorgeous pool--with a slide! woohoo!--and what appears to be a nicely-landscaped side entrance. His pics look the nicest, and seem to reflect more personality than that of the others'. (Why am I not surprised?)

Interestingly, it also looks like Ron Paul's personal headshot in the collage of pictures is the smallest, while Romney's and Bachmann's are the largest. Hmm, does that reflect the media's personal favorites? We let those media losers pick the prez last time, let's not let it happen again.
edit on 5-11-2011 by icanhaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by icanhaz

Interestingly, it also looks like Ron Paul's personal headshot in the collage of pictures is the smallest, while Romney's and Bachmann's are the largest.

That made me
Good one

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

It's one thing to live nicely. It's quite another to openly live more nicely than struggling people who you claim you represent and want to help, while not really doing much to help them at all but rather screw them while you eat filet mignon.

Are you basing this on facts or on political agenda?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Such is life.

exactly.

... each and every should always strive to better their same throughout - life, that is

as for the 'homes'

nice ... LOL

now ... cut off the power, phone lines and empty the store shelves

stir in a week or three of the same

bring to a rapid boil.

... and see where they're at then.

likely a completely different story altogether.

'Candidates' Meet The Commoners ... comes to mind, though

I'd love it. Talk about a leveling of the 'playing field', so to speak.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s choice of living quarters while the Governor’s Mansion (pictured) undergoes repairs has proven controversial. An Associated Press article reported in May 2010 that at that time, because of Perry’s house rental at the Estates of Barton Creek in Austin, “taxpayers have spent at least $592,000 for rent, utilities, repairs, furnishings and supplies.”

How can that DEVIL sleep at night bleeding dry the taxpayers for this unnecessary LUXURY???

Bleeding the good folks of Texas who are working 60 hours a week and three jobs just to put a roof over their heads and pay their taxes as needed which cuts into their food budget????

DEVIL!!!!!!!!

Then without any compassion whatsoever, CUTS all sorts of expenses that affect our children, teachers, education, and those whom need desperate help only so that he can pull this $600,000 scam of TAXPAYERS MONEY!!!!!!

Boy do we DEFINITELY need movements like the Occupy movement in this country to get our voices heard by these SNAKES!!!!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

edit on 5-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Cut it out with all the !!!! ??? CAPS stuff will ya. Its off putting.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I didn't begrudge anyones success.

Where is that coming from? I few posters created a strawman argument, and others have run with it.

I didn't say anything negative pertaining to any of this. I posted it and said it was interesting, and others might find it interesting. I thought seeing their houses would be interesting. Just like if someone posted the home of Kobe Bryant, I might find that interesting.

Please explain how simply posting the pictures, is somehow begrudging the success of anyone?

edit on 5-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
OMG people living nicely!

The OUTRAGE

Let's go lynch these people for having more than us!

No go back to my OP, and point out where I said anything negative at all about the way they live, or their houses.

The only one who's talking about outrage is you. You came into the thread, and started having a conversation with yourself about something which doesn't exist in this thread.

I posted the pictures out of interest. Said nothing negative. So point out, where exactly in the thread prior to your post, someones stated anything relating to your response.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I don't think anybody here is going to base who they vote for off of the appearance of their homes. It's just an interesting thread that compares the homes for the sake of comparison.

If anybody here plans to vote based on which house looks best....you're dumb.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well my $.02 says way too much cleaning to do in all those homes bleck, they can have it, well, why not they have Consuela to clean their homes, me I like small simple and easy clean up tyvm.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I really like Romney's home, it looks like it's up in the mountains or something. Perry's house looks like the White House
Bachmann has a nice car, I can just picture her hauling ass down the road in that thing.
edit on 6-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

We all know where this is going:

GOP candidates have nice home THEREFORE they must be evil.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

To "openly" live nicely?

So everyone must be ashamed of having more than others.

Also, having more than others makes their credibility worth less?

So successful individuals are less genuine by virtue of their success?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Bet a lot of contractors made some big bucks, building these homes.
Though a couple of them look historically old.
Landscapers, and bricklayers, and concrete finishers..
And Ron's pool guy...

Edit to add that on second glance. Romney's house looks a little like a small town. Might be the perspective though.

edit on 6-11-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join