It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homes in Pictures, of the GOP Cadidates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting. Obviously, Romney and Perry are doing very well. Some of you may find this interesting.

Funny how the media can't even post pictures on Ron Pauls house without criticizing him for not offering pictures of the front or interior. They have birds-eye-view shots from guys like Cain and Santorum, yet still find a way to criticize Ron.

Perry

Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s choice of living quarters while the Governor’s Mansion (pictured) undergoes repairs has proven controversial. An Associated Press article reported in May 2010 that at that time, because of Perry’s house rental at the Estates of Barton Creek in Austin, “taxpayers have spent at least $592,000 for rent, utilities, repairs, furnishings and supplies.” The house Perry rents was on the market in 2007 for $1.85 million, according to the article. Barton Estates is not Perry’s only real-estate-related source of bad publicity. Rick Perry and his father have leased a hunting ranch with an offensive name, located in Throckmorton, Texas, for decades. Witnesses differ with Perry as to when a rock bearing this name was obscured.

Cain

Herman Cain’s house was built in 1997 and the Cains purchased it in 1998, making them the sole owners of this 14-year-old house. But they might not want to sell it just yet, as Zillow estimates the property’s current worth to be $290,700.

Romney

Mitt Romney wins the award for the Republican presidential candidate with the most real estate. In 2009, he had four mansions. His post-and-beam-log lodge (pictured here) was listed that year for $5.35 million (then removed), but real-estate website Zillow.com estimates the value around $2.6 million. That year, he also sold his Boston-area 1930 house for $3.5 million. Rounding out the collection are a $12 million beachfront compound in La Jolla, Calif., and a lake house in Wolfeboro, N.H.

Paul

Ron Paul announced in April on his Facebook page that he’s selling the house where he and his family (including his son, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul) have lived for more than four decades. He created an official website for the house, “ Buy Ron Paul’s House ,” which says “generations of Liberty [ sic ] loving kids have grown up here, and you can continue the tradition.”

Although there are numerous photos of the pool and patio area on the site, it did not seem to occur to the three-time presidential candidate to include any photos of the front of the house or the interior.

Bachmann

In 2008, Michele Bachmann and her husband Marcus moved from the 3,056 square-foot Stillwater home where they’d lived for 16 years to a larger one (pictured here). The new house, also in Stillwater, is located overlooking the 18th hole on the StoneRidge Golf Course. It was priced at $1.75 million when it appeared in the 2007 Parade of Homes, then assessed at $1.271 million in 2008, but the Bachmanns nabbed it for $760,000.

At the time the house was featured in the Parade of Homes as a “dream home,” the Minnesota Independent selected some highlights of the property quoted from the description: "The arched stone entry is complimented with a western red cedar distressed door with iron highlights. Once inside the foyer, iron rails and hand scraped walnut plank flooring invites you into the gallery where arched openings lead to the magnificent main floor spaces. Both the formal dining adjacent to the foyer and a quaint breakfast bay overlook the golf course allowing for quality entertaining or a casual living atmosphere."

Huntsman

Before Ambassador Jon Huntsman, Jr., purchased this 1911 brick Federal-style home in historic Kalorama last year, it housed the seventh season cast of the TV show “Top Chef.” Viewers will recognize the wraparound patio terrace as the site where contestants faced elimination from the show.

Gingrich

Newt Gingrich’s house on a cul de sac in McLean, Va., was built in 1987. The real-estate website Zillow.com now estimates the home’s value at nearly $1.275 million.

Santorum

n addition to his more modest house in Penn Hills, Pa., Rick Santorum also lived in this two-story residence on 3.76 acres in Leesburg, Va., until 2007. It was purchased new in 2001 for $643,361. The question of Santorum’s residency location was the catalyst for a frothy controversy spanning more than a decade, as detailed here.

realestate.yahoo.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where is all the blood? I dont think these are their real homes.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting. Just going by the few photos, Bachman has the nicest house imo.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Interesting. Just going by the few photos, Bachman has the nicest house imo.

I can just imagine Ron sliding down his slide into the pool, after sipping a lemonade.

Romney is loaded.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I can just imagine Ron sliding down his slide into the pool, after sipping a lemonade.

Why would you even imagine that?

Romney is loaded.

Right... So thats how the middle class lives?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by MysticPearl

Romney is loaded.

No that obviously not how the middle class lives.

And yes it's pretty obvious Romney is loaded.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I will sell my vote to Bauchman if she gives me that Ford GT in her drive way.

I liked Romneys house. I like the country kind of feel.

edit on 5-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

You don't find it fun to imagine a politician sliding down a water slide into his pool? Okay,for you, just pretend Megan Fox is sliding down the slide....Problem solved.Unless you are a woman... then...Johnny depp.

...If that is middle class, then I must be doing something wrong.

Spare some change?
edit on 5-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OMG people living nicely!

The OUTRAGE

Let's go lynch these people for having more than us!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Onward with the torches and pitchforks!

They may be better off than most of us but hey, isn't that what the American Dream is all about? Although, seems awfully be-heading (no pun intended) to still think that the standard of living for the middle class will ever reach the pretentious means of producing the viably equitable, sought after homes of the rich.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
With Perry, the Governor's Mansion conveniently had a nasty fire a year or so ago during renovations. I still find that shady. I don't think its move-in-able yet.

Mitt's house is gorgeous. I'm not one for over the top crazy houses, but holy smokes is that place pretty.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Where are their bunker pictures?

All those evil GOP have fallout shelters and secret vaults!!!

Indeed lets lynch the evil rich folk!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

OMG people living nicely! The OUTRAGE Let's go lynch these people for having more than us!

I have already lit my torches.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If these are their real homes Ron Paul has the best house, because it is something I can relate to. A simple 1 story house with a pool and slide...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
If these are their real homes Ron Paul has the best house, because it is something I can relate to. A simple 1 story house with a pool and slide...

Just because the house is 1 story does not mean it is simple.

His shed is bigger than my whole house!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Torches?

Flunkie!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You win. Congrats!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well if you're going to light someone on fire damn it, do it right!

Torches are soooo 2 centuries ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Except for Romney & Perry, any one of those houses could be in my neighborhood and not even turn heads. Given that location means a lot in terms of price, Cain's house would be worth more if it were across the street from me. Huntsman's would be considered an eyesore. Since Romney is worth millions, I would expect him to have nice housing. Perry's "house" is rented--not even his. On the whole these houses are more modest than I would have expected. Thanks for the pics.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

On the whole these houses are more modest than I would have expected.

I think that none of them are really modest. The biggest house I've ever seen in Tulsa is about the size of Paul's.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join