It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend wearing ex-fiance's ring...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I've thought it through and it's time to make an exit plan.

I checked my Facebook page and one of the news bulletins was from my girlfriend...

"The One That Got Away... What One Things Reminds You Of The One That Got Away?" Girlfriend answered with "A Piece Of Jewellery"

So that kind of rubber stamps things in my eyes guys without having to ask her about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is unfortunate but the right decision. Obviously this person does not respect your sensitivities and is still carrying a major torch for the ex. Seriously, any of you out there who think wearing an exes engagement ring while going out with someone is normal....
Put yourself in their shoes. This ring is a very strong symbol, not JUST a piece of jewelry.

I can see her wanting to keep it; maybe put it in a box, stashed away to be ruminated over on rainy Sundays in private or something. Not to be flaunted about willy nilly. Sheesh everyone has the one who got away, but this person has no sense.

You'll find somebody else bro, and hopefully she'll respect you.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear that. It is completely unfair to you, and putting that up on facebook without being honest about her feelings is just wrong IMO. I wish you the best of luck in future relationships.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I checked my Facebook page and one of the news bulletins was from my girlfriend... "The One That Got Away... What One Things Reminds You Of The One That Got Away?" Girlfriend answered with "A Piece Of Jewellery"

Really bro she was basically advertising it for you from the beginning, I would not worry though. Usually when they do that they already planed in advance by months and even years sometimes, and are just waiting for a catalyst to give them the go ahead, and eventually you would of gotten the speech, right before the door slams.

It was going to come down to this sooner or latter in all probability, don't waste time and make it sooner then latter.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Dude, she's egging you into this. Give her want she wants and be done with her. I am always the one to say work it out, but it's obvious she wants out.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Make sure you get a severance pop before you go.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

"The One That Got Away... What One Things Reminds You Of The One That Got Away?" Girlfriend answered with "A Piece Of Jewellery"

Yeah, that pretty much cinches it...in that case, exit..stage left...stage right even....
How rude and inconsiderate? Definitely not somebody you need in your life.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Disregard females, acquire currency. That should be a red flag man, I don't want to make you mad or anything, but usually that means there are some unresolved issues somewhere. I do not know your girlfriend, but all I am saying is better be safe than sorry. Hope all turns out for the best my friend.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's understandable to feel uncomfortable seeing your girlfriend wearing rings from her ex-fiance, as they can symbolize a previous commitment. Your feelings are valid, and it's important to communicate openly with your girlfriend about how you feel and why. Discussing boundaries and finding a resolution together can help address your concerns and strengthen your relationship. For more assistance visit this blog nationalgirlfriendday2024.com...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join