It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BANK RUN! BANK RUN! BANK RUN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I dont know if this is related to the Anonymous call for a 5th November Bank Run but UK Banks
are inexplicitly shuting up shop and blaming it on technical issues....

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Online Banking Problems For RBS And Natwest

Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest have been experiencing problems with their online and mobile banking, a day after HSBC had major issues with its cashpoints.

RBS and Natwest have told Sky News they are "working hard" to resolve today's issue.

The two banks said there should not be any problem with taking money out of cashpoints or branches - but balances have not updated overnight and payments have not gone through.

Daily withdrawal limits have not been updated either, so if you withdrew your limit on Friday, you will not be able to withdraw any cash today.

It comes a day after hundreds of HSBC customers reported that they were unable to use their bank cards to pay for shopping or withdraw cash.

Sky News received numerous emails from people affected by the outage.

One person wrote: "HSBC computers are down. No cash points are working. You can't even withdraw cash over the counter, let alone use Chip & Pin!"

According to a spokesman for HSBC, the glitch began at 2:45pm and only affected customers in the UK.

He said he was confident there was no security risk to customers' accounts as a result of the glitch.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've been meaning to post this for a while.....

bank run! run the banks! on a saturday, when they are all closed...

*slow applause for occupy*

peace.

ed: they started occupy on a saturday aswell, protesting wall street, which didn't begin business proper til the monday. weird tactics if I do say so.

ed: so anon hacked hsbc right? by the sounds of it. lol.
edit on 5/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And so when monday comes and this is no big deal
and everything is fine,... then what..
What will we be freaked about then? Yikes,.. its like Elenin all over again

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
put it this way, if it was Anon that caused this and i have money missing from my account, i will make it my personal life mission to hunt you down and identify you, then i'll splatter all your details over the internet with your credit card details and bank account details, i always hold to my words.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It wasn't Anon.
The banks were well aware of what was supposed to go down this weekend and just made sure that it didn't. As their branches are closed over the weekend only ATMs and internet banking was at risk so they just decided to have a 'technical glitch'. It will be business as usual next week.
However, when heads of banks suddenly go on indefinite sick leave it does leave me wondering just what they know to be around the corner...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
they know whats around the corner, hop in the delorian and go back about 3 weeks and see what the head of the IMF said to europe in general (including the UK)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Natwest told me my online banking would be down today, a couple of days ago. It's either they knew about a problem that they apparently didn't know about yet or they made sure no one left their bank due to Anonymous's planned bank run. It isn't exactly hard to pretend a fault really is it?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The very LAST thing the world needs is any additional financial problem.
Why don't we simply slit our own throats? It'd be a lot quicker....but the same end result as causing more financial trouble.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hmmm,.
It seems that the banks are doing just fine
AS is the economy

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Tell that to the massive percentage of people who are still unemployed, or who haven't had a raise in the past few years, while gas and groceries skyrocket.

new topics

top topics

join