It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish policeman photographed beaming UFO that stopped his car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
CORRECTION

Just had a chance to check a link to Dr Bernard Finch’s 1970 Flying Saucer Review Case History piece on this incident.

www.ignaciodarnaude.com...

The clearer photos reproduced there make clear that the apparent segmented beam of light to the right in Maarup’s photos is in fact a road boundary fence reflecting light from some source, probably the headlights of Maarup’s car.

So my opening post was misleading. There appears to be no photographic evidence for an anomalous light beam in the Maarup case.

My link to the piece in UFO Evidence also needs correction. Here is the right link:

www.ufoevidence.org...

So apologies to all.

Also, in the Maarup case we do need to eliminate the possibility that the policeman witnessed a bright fireball meteor. According to the link above there were newspaper reports of others witnessing a bright celestial phenomenon that night. I suspect that was unrelated to Maarup’s experience – how could a meteor heat his car? – but a proper scientific account of the Maarup sighting would include a discussion of this possibility.

But although Maarup’s photos are not as impressive as I first thought and although the meteor theory needs to be checked, his testimony about the light beam heating up the interior of his car and slowly being withdrawn in the form of a truncated cone is very impressive and corroborates other accounts of truncated ‘light beams’, eg Red Bluff California 1960 and Trancas, Argentina 1963.

See Michael Swords's blog:

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.co.uk...

Bill Chalker has recently summarized the ‘solid light beam’ evidence very well, complementing karl12’s comprehensive coverage here on ATS.

scienceandtheufocontroversy.blogspot.co.uk...

All in all an exciting challenge to science. Once UFO researchers start talking about Bessel beams there’s a real chance of attracting serious scientific interest.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck

The clearer photos reproduced there make clear that the apparent segmented beam of light to the right in Maarup’s photos is in fact a road boundary fence reflecting light from some source, probably the headlights of Maarup’s car.

Well of course if the whole thing was a hoax then could be, but otherwise the lights of the car weren't working during the sighting according to the testimony.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join