It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House responds to We the People petition about ET

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The meat of it:

Thank you for signing the petition asking the Obama Administration to acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence here on Earth. The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye. However, that doesn't mean the subject of life outside our planet isn't being discussed or explored. In fact, there are a number of projects working toward the goal of understanding if life can or does exist off Earth. Here are a few examples:

This is the link. I don't know why it doesn't work directly.

wwws.whitehouse.gov...#!/response/searching-et-no-evidence-yet

Anyway, I suppose one could say the person assigned to making the rsponse doesn't know or that the petition was asking for too much at one time rather than asking the narrower question about unidentified arial phenomena, but there it is.

edit on 5-11-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hmmm, the White House's response doesn't work for me.

I saw a flying metallic disk (flying saucer) with my own eyes in real life, as it flew briefly over my house. I have reiterated this sighting a hundred times on ATS, it was the first thread I wrote back when I had horrible typing.

Anyways, this to me is just more stonewalling and misdirection.

I saw it in real life I know it's real now as a cold fact, something really weird is going on here.

If it was gov't technology, why has it been reported for 60+ years and is still today being covered up? It's just old time tech, it should be revealed by now yes/no?

Anyways, the bottom line is that the truth is still not admitted by the government.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As much as i hate to say it, peoples signatures on a piece of paper, or name on an online form wont make any difference to these people.

Shame.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

N - Never

A - A

S - Straight

A - Answer

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Their craft is real. They are real.

The only way for people to actually start taking this seriously, is well, if they are lucky enough to see one with their own eyes. Its always after the first good sighting, they turn to believers.

Their there whether you believe it or not. As for our government....

They've always lied, cheated and wrestled their way or no way. Why does it surprise us that they wouldnt release such information. Too many people right now would still be panicky and of course, in the United States, the gun nuts would start shooting at these if confirmed by Governments. The fact they lied about not researching them and still doing that research shouldnt surprise us either. We the people want to know what they are, we have the freedom to organize into an organization designed around contacting these craft. Simple construction of ancient relics or ancient symbols would be enough to draw attention.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wish I could say that I've seen a UFO, or anything to make me believe. Those of you who have are very lucky. Hell, if any aliens are reading this, I would appreciate being abducted. Um... maybe... that really depends on what you do to me. But, at least I would know, for once.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You need to turn their secret holes upside-down to know what is going on, there is no other way. How this will happen is hard to say.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And anybody was really expecting otherwise?
Notice how other requests have been 'overlooked'.
In Switzerland, 50000 signatures guarantees that an issue will be put to the vote in parliament. That's called democracy.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Its always after the first good sighting, they turn to believers.

I would like to correct your terminology here if you do not mind.

After seeing it in real life, they Know.

Those who haven't seen it yet, but assume it is probably real, they Believe.

Other than that small semantics issue, good post.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That reply has always been the response of the U.S. government despite the continuation of UFO sightings reports. Its all part of the mechanism of cover-up and denial. I would not expect anything else.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
""""""The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race."""""""

So when are they taking "In God we Trust" off the currency?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

The blatant stupidity of our government knows no bounds. Making an official statement like this to the world considering the evidence, eyewitness accounts, and statements from government whistle blowers that are growing by the decade does more to draw suspicion upon our government and it's intentions than to put concerns to rest.

They never learn.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by xpoq47

The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

The blatant stupidity of our government knows no bounds. Making an official statement like this to the world considering the evidence, eyewitness accounts, and statements from government whistle blowers that are growing by the decade does more to draw suspicion upon our government and it's intentions than to put concerns to rest.

They never learn.

Stuff like this really makes me doubt the whole "it's all military human technology" argument.

The fact they stonewall so much for almost a century now, it's pretty clear to me there "must be" some sort of alien around here somewhere.

I saw a saucer but never met it's pilot, so yes I admit I am guessing based on Occam's razor.
It seems more likely aliens are involved than the US Military would keep a human-made aircraft secret for so long.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Anything to do with ET was handed over to corporations ages ago I believe. This was done because the corporations are not subject to the same rules for FOI requests. Thats not to say that the "secret government" isnt involved in anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Holloman AFB 1964

Or is my uncle a liar instead of the US government?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
People are still depending on our own government tell us the truth?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
That reply has always been the response of the U.S. government despite the continuation of UFO sightings reports. Its all part of the mechanism of cover-up and denial. I would not expect anything else.

I agree, SETI, Kepler, Mars Science Laboratory, generally the same old song and dance. The end of the response was a little different for me:

A last point: Many scientists and mathematicians have looked with a statistical mindset at the question of whether life likely exists beyond Earth and have come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life.

Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them—especially any intelligent ones—are extremely small, given the distances involved.

So for some reason we are suppose to believe life exist elsewhere in the Universe, we are also suppose to believe in Intelligent life exist elsewhere in the Universe as well. Life and Intelligent Life.

However:

But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

Speculation? Statistics? What? I want to know more about statistics that lead to speculation of Intelligent Life elsewhere in the Universe.

I've heard an abundance of statistics and speculation that lead to life existing elsewhere in the Universe aka extremophiles, but never Intelligent Life. The only exception would be the Drake Equation. Is there more evidence of Intelligent Life? How could we have statistics and speculation if ET has not visited...Has Kepler or SETI picked up contact? And never shared with the public?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

This makes me think of something else.
If aliens do exist, and they've been coming here, it is obvious to me that they don't want to be discovered, anymore than our government wants us to know the truth about them. What does that tell you? Because to me, it seems these aliens have a sinister agenda. There is no way our government could hide them from us. If these aliens wanted us to know they exist, we would know. So to me, it seems they're not on our side, either.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I guess I have given up on the idea of our government ever disclosing anything! My grandfather witnessed 7 spheres floating above the pasture behind his house. He was going next door to start up his forge early in the morning as he was a blacksmith. He described them as shinny metallic with portholes around the middle. He stated he thought he saw what looked like physical beings looking at him. This was in the summer of 1949 in Laclede, Idaho. He reported it but nothing was ever investigated.

I personally have seen a number of ufos but they have always been lights high in the sky performing maneuvers that were beyond current flight capabilities. However, it wasn't until last summer (2010) that I finally saw 2 ufos at close range moving through the sky over Boise, Idaho. These objects were photographed and reported. So, yes I know they exist no matter what the scoffers say or our government says. So I leave it at that anymore. I will not try to convince anyone anymore.

You will either see it or you wont!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In the early 1900s the U.S. Weather Bureau, in its monthly Weather Review, published the occasional sighting, like the 1904 U.S.S. Supply case. It was also the U.S. Weather Bureau that confirmed when asked about the official explanation for the 1952 Washington, D.C. incidents that it wasn't possible, given the weather conditions at the time.

And it's nice to see some mentions of personal sightings in this thead. Thanks for that!

edit on 5-11-2011 by xpoq47 because: added comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join