It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis Hit Greece faces deadlock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Greece is in political deadlock, with the main opposition party resisting Prime Minister George Papandreou's efforts to form a unity government.

Fresh from winning a knife-edge confidence vote in parliament early on Saturday, Papandreou said he would start talks 'very soon' to form a government to pass a bailout package crucial for keeping the debt-wracked nation afloat

Not sure what this all means guys but it would seem that if they can't come to an agreement George Papandreou could be facing being told to move along and to get some new blood in there.

If this happens this could delay anything happening in Greece for a while,so what effect could this have on the markets? Could be nothing but thought this should still be posted just to keep the news flowing on this as it unfolds.

Maybe they shoul just leave the Euro and dump all the other carbon credit policies with it too might put them in good stead.

bigpondnews.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I still don't understand how Papanderognreognr- he, was able to propose a referendum to the entire populace of Greece like that just to scrap it and fully get away with it without any repercussions. I'm SO suprised that all of Greece didn't just get up and go completey H.A.M.

editted to say a big thumbs up to Steven Harper (I know, I'm shocked too) for stating that he would not contribute to any European bailouts
I don't want my tax dollars funding crooked banks or "military" *cough cough terrorist* operations overseas.

edit on 5-11-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Yeah pissed off at our PM who wants to give them money through the IMF without asking any of the tax payers if they want to give money to this wasted cause.

join