It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sneakymullet

Ruger 556 with eotech

M1A Socom2 with leupold cg/t

Custom 700 with 4200 elite tactical 6-24

S&W MP9

Weatherby 459 shotgun

Savage 22lr

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Im carrying 3 weapons:

1st weapon- Ak-47 for those intense gun fights.

2nd: Mosin Nagant for long range shots and hunting.

Sidearm: 357. Magnum for those CQC moments.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I still dont know why everyone chooses AK over AR..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

1st choice: 1. SCAR .308
2. Para 1911a1 GI expert w/crimson chase

2nd choice:M14 with tact-stock and laser
hmm.. COLT python .357

3rd choice: Ruger scout .308 mid-range scope
P90 close range Sub pistol

4th choice: SAIGA 12 ga drum plus mags

maybe a springfield operator never tried on before.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Rifle - enfield .303 hits hard , good long range .

sidearm - what carry now sig-sauer p226 one in the pipe , 15 in the mag w 2 spare mags.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
fulton armory FAR-15
USP in 9mm

.223 and 9mm, both used extensively by police and army alike (so lots of ammo out there)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Easy...

Simple Long bow.

- No licence required so you're off the radar
- You can make your own ammo
- Kids can't have an accident with it
- Easily disguised as just a walking stick.

Also worth considering it this...

Tests on the Welsh long bow (the most powerful of them) have proved astounding. At 100 feet it will punch through 2 inches of mild steel and if it hits a human correctly, it will punch you spine out from your back from shoulder to hind quarters.. At short range (under 6 feet), it has the same effect as a .50 Magnum - if it doesn't hit you and the arrow passes within three or so inches of your head, your head explodes with the pressure wave.

ONly problem with a Welsh long bow is that one is, in effect, bending a small tree. The original Welsh archers had to practice 6 days a week and used to look like Arnold Schwartzenegger.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Assault rifle:
MK. 14 EBR, its a 7.62 with a low recoil and has R.I.S.

Semi-automatic rifle:
M249 Saw, its a 5.62 that can suppress long enough to get to a better position.

Bolt action rifle:
M24, speaks for itself.

Side arm:
M9 pistol

I would not carry a shotgun, that would just be dead waste for anything other than a CQB situation (like clearing rooms).

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The new generation of Personal Defense Weapon can easily re-adapt within minutes from 5.56 to 6.8 to 50 caliber with a simple click of a few buttons.

A nice sidearm to compliment said rifle with is one that can easily adapt from, say, .40 to 357 sig in a matter of minutes.

You can pretty much cover a lot of the bases.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well when it comes to rifles you need to do more than click a few buttons. For one you need to switch out barrels and sometimes magazine wells and the bolt or bolt face as well. Hardly a few clicks.

As far as your handgun of choice though that can actually be done. It's known as the medusa model 47 revolver. The gun was designed by a NASA engineer and

The Medusa chambers, fires, and extracts 25 different cartridges (actually 117, if you count every one ever made, but only 25 were claimed) in the .380/.38/9mm/.357 ammunition range (just about any handgun round with a bullet diameter between .0355 and .0357 inches). Various rounds can be mixed in the same cylinder loading and fired with no problem.

MEDUSA revolver information

Some day I'd love to own a genuine medusa or one of the earlier s and w conversion pieces he did.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
1st group for sure.
DPMS AR15/ no handgun, SOG tomahawk

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Robinson arms XCR in 556.
Smith and wesson M&P r8 357 mag. 8 rounds.

add a belt full of speedloaders and a nice knife.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It depends if you are a soldier on patrol or are defending your home. Since I am not a soldier and my responsibility is home defense then I would go with the USAS-12 shotgun with multiple drums and mags pre-loaded with a variety of shells (from buckshot to slugs and even specialty rounds, including flechettes). For a sidearm I would go with the HK.Custom Combat in .40 s&w with 16 round magazines loaded with black talons or equivalent hollow-point rounds.
edit on 6-2-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It depends if you are a soldier on patrol or are defending your home. Since I am not a soldier and my responsibility is home defense then I would go with the USAS-12 shotgun with multiple drums and mags pre-loaded with a variety of shells (from buckshot to slugs and even specialty rounds, including flechettes). For a sidearm I would go with the HK.Custom Combat in .40 s&w with 16 round magazines loaded with black talons or equivalent hollow-point rounds.
edit on 6-2-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Flachetes are not that great. less acurate than 00 buck. the darts go all over the place.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
M16A4 with holosight and a Glock 19 as a sidearm.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Interesting criteria. I can tell you how my wife an I are loaded and why, but this is for our use and there is no right answer (IMO)
My wife is all .40 SW for Close Quarters (and yes she is ex military and has the basics down) Her primary function is final layer of security for the kids while moving or static defense (along with the dogs). She has the Sub-2000 (great weapon; never had a malfuntion and portable) ; then as her primary side arm she has the Glock 22 (rebuilt police Gen1 from the glock factory) and on her vest (molle mount) she carries a Glock 27 (this is also her daily carry). This limits the ammo and mags to one type (the 27 mags are to short for the Sub or the 22 but not the other way around)

As for me I'm set up for a little more projected combat. AK, Rem 870 and taurus 24/7 OSS and the sub compact (both in 40). I'm not a weapons snob and I have only two criteria from my weapons. They have to go bang every time and they have to be a caliber large enough to do the job. I went through a lot of weapons and ammo choosing this combo and it works for me. the taurus's use the same mags and after a few thousand rounds I have yet to have an issue. My other weapons including 92fs, Security six, 1911 and long guns are now cached.

It's what works for me and mine.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
Easy...

Simple Long bow.

Also worth considering it this...

Tests on the Welsh long bow (the most powerful of them) have proved astounding. At 100 feet it will punch through 2 inches of mild steel and if it hits a human correctly, it will punch you spine out from your back from shoulder to hind quarters.. At short range (under 6 feet), it has the same effect as a .50 Magnum - if it doesn't hit you and the arrow passes within three or so inches of your head, your head explodes with the pressure wave.

ONly problem with a Welsh long bow is that one is, in effect, bending a small tree. The original Welsh archers had to practice 6 days a week and used to look like Arnold Schwartzenegger.

I hope this was a joke and you just forgot tell us that. If not......wow, can I have some of what your smokin?

As for me, I'd be happy with about any of the better AR-15 platforms and a good 1911, any one of my hunting rifles would be fine for the bolt gun,a Ruger 10/22 and either my 11-87 or el-cheapo Maverick 88 will do for the shotgunning.
The compound would definitely get used for hunting, and if I can get close enough teh recurve will get it done too.
edit on 19-2-2012 by xxclaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I still have my service sidearm, a PK229 Sig .40. I have a DPSM in. 308 and my Model 700 Remington chambered in 300 win mag, basically built to specs for a M91A2 with Harris bipod, Leupold 5-15x50 scope for reaching out and touching someone.

With the exception of the DPSM. I'm still equipped with the same armament I used in the Navy and am well trained with it and fully prepared to use it when the time comes.

I have a 25 gun safe that is practically stuffed beyond capacity with weapons but in a bailout situation these would be my 3 choices that are always cleaned, loaded and ready to go at a moments notice.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
Easy...

Simple Long bow.

Also worth considering it this...@

I also hope you are joking. Ill tell you what, you take your Longbow and I'll take my 300 win mag.....you say that at 6' it will lunch through mild steel, well if your target lets you get within 6' of them then I don't know which of you is worse off.

At 1500 meters the 300 win mag will punch through 3 bulletproof vests and still have good velocity. As far as a long bow doing the same damage as a 50 Cal well I guess you've never seen the effects first hand of a 50 round to the head.....or what's left of it. As for your comment about kids having an accident well I have over 30 guns in my home, some locked in a safe and some not and have 3 kids and never worry about an accident. That's because my kids are trained in firearm safety and they respect firearms.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join