It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child so unruly, guardians refuse to get her from school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is just plain sad.
I have read several stories about children who cannot be controlled in a school environment and the parent(s) or guardian(s) have to be called to intervene, but this is the first I've read where they refused to come get the child.

The girl is obviously seriously troubled and in need of help, but now add abandonment issues to that and you have a monster being born before your eyes. The abandonment issues are even more deeply ingrained here due to the fact that she's already being taken care of by people who aren't her biological parents and now she knows that they aren't going to be there for her either.

Since the guardians are responsible for the girl, I think they should be brought up on child abandonment charges or related charges. I feel it's in the girl's best interest as her providers to at least show up at the school in person to discuss what happened and have, at this point, recommended that she be hospitalized or something. Anything. Simply hanging up the phone and acting like ostriches is just making matters worse.

Below is the entire article. Not the best reporting since it doesn't say if the guardians were her grandparents or foster parents nor what was done with the child. I'm assuming juvenile hall. I wonder how long before she's given to (another set of?) foster parents?

www.wesh.com...

DELTONA, Fla. -- An elementary school student was arrested after she became enraged and violent in class on Friday morning, according to investigators.

Deputies said a 10-year-old girl kicked a teacher's assistant in the face at Forest Lake Elementary in Deltona.

Authorities were called to the school after the child went into a rage over being put in timeout. Her teacher said she was being disruptive in class.

Officials said the child overturned a desk, kicked the school employee, then threatened her while pulling her hair.

According to a Sheriff's report, the child became violent again when she was brought into the school's office.

The child's guardians were contacted, but they refused to come to the school. They said they are unable to control her.

So, fellow ATSers, I'm afraid that we're seeing too much of this happening these days with no answers in sight. I'm usually strongly against medicating children, but this is one of the times where I feel it may be warranted.

It frightens me to think about what becomes of these youngsters when they enter adulthood.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a 10-year-old girl kicked a teacher's assistant in the face

Daaaaamn, that kid's got some power

On a more serious note, she's very young and probably doesn't understand why she is not with her parents, that can make a child very angry and it is not that rare of a situation.
Now add the obvious lack of interest the guardians show, maybe they don't care about her at all and just "put up" with the kid like it's a chore, just maybe.

It's obvious why she's pissed off, I'd be too.
She should be put in a psychologist to defuse the anger and help her in every other aspect.
Also, they need to really think about arranging other guardians.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Evansr

I'm wondering how big/tall this girl is to have been able to kick the woman in the face. Was she bending over I wonder?

I hope they're able to find some guardians to look after her and be willing to take responsibility when she rages. I just hope that her current guardians aren't her grandparents or other relatives. That would be a real blow to her well being.

Maybe it's getting to the point where some kids just aren't meant for the classroom environment and they have to be put into other types of learning atmospheres like craft stuff, but just no sharp objects? I'm really at a loss here. I used to teach 9th grade. One of my fellow teachers had a student who would just get up in the middle of class and start banging his head against the wall. What are we to do with these kids? Something is seriously wrong. It's probably all the chemicals in our foods, drinks, and environments, but we know that's not going away any time soon.

new topics

join