It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof, Gaddafi is the tyrant we've been told he is!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For all the people out there who think Gaddafi was a cool dude, you probably haven't seen this documentary!
Enjoy!

www.vice.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: fixed link.

edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: Added photo of Vice dude, Shane Smith

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No amount of B.S is going to justify the Imperialism of the West.

Was Gaddafi a saint? Nope, but regarding this video, all I see area edited short clips and a man making suggestions for 5 minutes. Vice is kind of like Fox though.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Dude, everybody knows our countries motives aren't the purest, but people saying Ghadaffi was a good guy to his people is insanity! I like vice docs. because they're as raw as it gets. Their stories on Liberia and Congo are as real as it gets buddy.

By the way, he can make legit suggestions, cause he's in the fire.
edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: add on

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The people of Libya were happy with him and he did good!

And that is all the we need to know. Basta!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

LOL, thats not what the rebels said. The people obviously hated his azz, but eyewitness accounts aren't enough for you huh?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JunoTheGreat
reply to post by Hellas

LOL, thats not what the rebels said. The people obviously hated his azz, but eyewitness accounts aren't enough for you huh?

i'll keep this short...
listen to yourself, 'that's not what the REBELS said'
ghaddafi was a liability and he had to be removed

ok yea he wasn't the PERFECT leader but which leader is :S?
western society only know's how to point fingers
i wish our leaders did for our country, what ghaddafi did for his country

because a leader of a country should do exactly that, worry about IT'S own people

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ghaddafi had like ninety five percent approval rating from Libyans. Hmmm. More than DOUBLE that of our own president.

Oh, the "rebels" said all the people hated him. And those "rebels" appear to be mostly foreign mercenaries.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Gaddafi was no Tyrant.

The guy lived like a pauper. Did you see the footage of his motorhome? 1980's....13" TV......no flat screen for him.

The only luxury item the news showed that he owned was 1 Gold Plated 1911 pistol. American made.

Once the people in Libya realize they got screwed.....they're going to hate the west even more.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by ThinkingCap

Dude, everybody knows our countries motives aren't the purest, but people saying Ghadaffi was a good guy to his people is insanity! I like vice docs. because they're as raw as it gets. Their stories on Liberia and Congo are as real as it gets buddy.

By the way, he can make legit suggestions, cause he's in the fire.
edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: add on

I could not agree more. It is pretty obvious how the majority of the people on ATS feel about America. Why are people so dishonest about these nut jobs? Just because we recognize that men like Saddam, Bin Laden, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Ghadaffi were callous murderers does not mean that we as Americans agree with the methods used to get rid of them. Quit putting these disgusting tyrants up as good men or soften the crimes they perpetrated against their own people. It is just ridiculous and disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strength

reply to post by Hellas

i'll keep this short...
listen to yourself, 'that's not what the REBELS said'
ghaddafi was a liability and he had to be removed

ok yea he wasn't the PERFECT leader but which leader is :S?
western society only know's how to point fingers
i wish our leaders did for our country, what ghaddafi did for his country

because a leader of a country should do exactly that, worry about IT'S own people

This is just what a politician sounds like.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Strength

What did he do again??? And whatever he DID do, doesn't make up for all the crimes against humanity dude! haha.

Ya know...we'd be called rebels too if we had to do what those people did.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

LOL i know right! I cant believe these guys are trying to stick up for a ruthless murderer! That's one of problems with today's society. People look up to the corrupt and greedy, and put down the noble and wise. sad sad sad

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
America is a Gold Digger.

-- Thought

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Strength

What did he do again??? And whatever he DID do, doesn't make up for all the crimes against humanity dude! haha.

Ya know...we'd be called rebels too if we had to do what those people did.

libyanfreepress.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Gaddafi was no Tyrant.

The guy lived like a pauper. Did you see the footage of his motorhome? 1980's....13" TV......no flat screen for him.

The only luxury item the news showed that he owned was 1 Gold Plated 1911 pistol. American made.

Once the people in Libya realize they got screwed.....they're going to hate the west even more.

Being a "tyrant" does not have anything to do with having luxury items.

A tyrant is one that is an absolute ruler who governs without restrictions. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person. I do believe Gaddafi fits the bill.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

For all the people out there who think Gaddafi was a cool dude, you probably haven't seen this documentary!
Enjoy!

www.vice.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: fixed link.

edit on 5-11-2011 by JunoTheGreat because: Added photo of Vice dude, Shane Smith

Please, for the sake of those of us that are unable to watch videos, rub some words together? Please give a little summery of what this vid depicts so that we may all join the converstion. I really do want to know what your vid is about so, please be kind enough to follow through with some text.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JunoTheGreat

eyewitness account?? the only place where ghaddafi was disliked was benghazi and they are islamists too. the rebels are Al Qaeda and muslim brotherhood. What are you ? a murderous scumbag salafi?

using your way we could say that Europe wants sharia law in its land.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Sh&t i personally want to speak to just 2 hand full's of true blue Libyans from different parts of Libya to find out some truth"s. I have been following this civil war and sooo much bullsh$t from both sides, where does the truth lie? somewhere in the middle ?

anyway if someone can direct me to a post from any thread from a Libyan, living in Libya and has posted can you please direct me to it, because i havent found one

I see bullsh^t from both arguments and i will sit on the fence for now

Wal

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Your still missing the point DUDE! haha

A generation from now, this is what he will be remembered for:
• Expelling all ethnic Italians in 1970.
• Expelling Libya's Jewish population.
• Banning all opposition to his rule.
• Making engaging in political conversations with foreigners punishable by up to three years in prison.
• Making it a capital crime to form political parties.
• Executing political dissidents in public and then rebroadcasting said executions on state television channels.
• Criminalizing homosexuality, with the punishment for homosexuality being up to five years in prison.
• Forcibly Arabizing the Berbers by forbidding parents to give their children Berber names, banning the use of the Berber language in schools, and assigning Arabic names to Berber towns.
• Making theft punishable by amputation of hands and adultery by 100 lashes.
• Making the testimony of women and non-Muslims inadmissible in criminal cases.
• Torturing prisoners, both before and during the current civil war.
• Sending out assassins to kill Libyans who had fled to other countries just to live free.
• Supporting terrorist groups, including groups not even related to Libyan affairs.
• Having his forces fire upon peaceful demonstrators back in February of this year. This is what led to the uprising in the Libyan people in the first place.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Why are people even joining the conversation, IF THEY DIDNT WATCH THE VIDEO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join