It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat and in the Freak Show.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I first came across this photograph today and couldn't quite believe the story behind it when you compare it to photo's of certain individuals alive and living on earth today.

The first photo you see below is a gentleman by the name of Frank Williams, the photo was taken in the year 1885. Frank Williams was born in Ohio in 1866, in this photo he was 19 years of age and weighed approx 525Ib. Frank Williams was considered to be so fat that he became a member of a circus freak show and people would stare and gawp at the size of his overweight body .

Now when I look at Frank Williams he appears to be quite fit and healthy compared to some of people that you happen to see among us today. The man who works in my local newsagent shop completely dwarfs Frank Williams and makes him look like a total bean pole.

Taking into consideration that Frank Williams was considered a freak in1886, what the hell are we surrounded by now in this day and age?

Below are few other random photographs of so called chubby, fat, overweight, obese and porky people, or should I say, freaks?

Quite sickening what has happened to mankind isn't it?

edit on 5-11-2011 by davethebear because: image removal

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Holy s***

There is no comparison, that man would fit right into the world now and be on the lighter side of overweight people.
Really, really unhealthy!

Makes us wonder, when did society start to think jabba the hut is a good role model?

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evansr
Holy s***

There is no comparison, that man would fit right into the world now and be on the lighter side of overweight people.
Really, really unhealthy!

Makes us wonder, when did society start to think jabba the hut is a good role model?

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

Yeah, exactly...... when was Jabba the Hut deemed to be a picture of health and happiness.......Sad isn't it?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Truly frightening.

How did those 2 women fit in that truck? They don't look like they would fit together in the back of the truck, let alone in the cab

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
SO disgusting. The guy in the hospital bed is an obscenity.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Yes, that one left me speechless. How is he even being fed? Whoever's been feeding him, should have been cutting back the food little by little, until he was losing.
There's no way that guy could have been feeding himself, that's just ...
I don't know........

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Yes, that one left me speechless. How is he even being fed? Whoever's been feeding him, should have been cutting back the food little by little, until he was losing.
There's no way that guy could have been feeding himself, that's just ...
I don't know........

Yeah, I must admit that the last photo with the guy in the hospital bed is just very,very wrong. You would think that being in the hospital bed would be the ideal opportunity to reduce his food intake or at least tie him to the bed and starve him for a month or so and give him just water to drink...hahaha..........so scary though....so unreal

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When I look at people who are so overweight I always think how trapped they look.

There is no easy escape from a body that size and it's horrifying to think that they had friends and family who enabled them to get that way. All someone had to say was 'No. Get up and get it yourself if you want something'.

I wonder at what point any of them realised how completely dependent they had become on others and how much that added to their despair. Or do they perhaps feel 'safe' being so big that they can make no real decisions for themselves. They've effectively given up on being a properly functioning adult human being with all the challenges that brings.

new topics

top topics

join