It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Cathederal In Ruins, Swaggerts reduced to begging parishoners for food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It seems the lavish lifestyle of the Schullers is finally reaching the bottom. They have ruined more lives than lap dances by you'r wife's cousin. So many people believed their story and sent them money that they were able to build a cathedral to punctuate their tremendous scam.

Now Robert is asking whats left of his flock to donate specific foods for his wife Arvella who is stricken with pneumonia. The LIMO DRIVER can pick up the food so there is no real bother for the donator. This on the end of a lawsuit with his parishioners who have been devastated by his illicit activities and outright robbery.

Robert is still unapologetic about his lavish lifestyle or the harm he has caused all those who believed what he was preaching.

Here is the link to the full story:

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by onecraftydude because: wrong name

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
It seems the lavish lifestyle of the Swaggerts is finally reaching the bottom. They have ruined more lives than lap dances by you'r wife's cousin. So many people believed their story and sent them money that they were able to build a cathedral to punctuate their tremendous scam.

Now Jimmy is asking whats left of his flock to donate specific foods for his wife who is stricken with pneumonia. The LIMO DRIVER can pick up the food so there is no real bother for the donator. This on the end of a lawsuit with his parishioners who have been devastated by his illicit activities and outright robbery.

Jimmy is still unapologetic about his lavish lifestyle or the harm he has caused all those who believed what he was preaching.

Here is the link to the full story:

news.yahoo.com...

I agree that this kind of behavior is not right, but it is not representative of all pastors. Also, the article is about Robert Schuller, not Jimmy Swaggert.

Some members of a bankrupt Orange County, Calif. megachurch are expressing outrage after fielding an email request for congregants to deliver food to waiting limos so that it can ferried to the founder's sick wife. The appeal comes weeks after a lawsuit charged that the founder of the Crystal Cathedral house of worship, Rev. Robert Schuller, and his family had been paying themselves lavish salaries and other benefits while the church was in financial straits.

also, it is interesting to note that the Chrystal Cathedral was up for sale a while back.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

You are right of course. I did not put much thought into the thread as this type of thing is always happening. I will fix it, thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Thanks for posting this. I had actually thought of it myself and then you beat me to it. It is a real shame that so many people have been mislead by these money hungry people. Without doubt, they will have to answer for those that they have misled and harmed through their actions that they used to increase their riches. Material things are not the reason that we are on this earth, and God's true leaders know this. If someone's main purpose in life is material things, they are missing the true reason for being here. “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Source

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

You are so right and that is a good reminder to all of us! We don't always see justice on this earth, but the ultimate judge will judge all!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I just feel so angry having been fooled by religious groups in the past and watching others be taken in by these scum. There should be a special place in Hell reserved for these manipulative cheats.

Right above them should be the politicians. The chameleon who changes his color to suit the room he playing to. The manipulator that tells people what they need to hear so he can get their vote. The liar who knows no bounds when deceit is his weapon. The murderer who calls his enemies terrorists to justify his own terrorism.

I am so sick of liars and cheats and all of the lives lost or ruined that I have a hard time not wanting to cause them bodily harm. In a perfect world we would be able to fix them.

Blind, deaf and mute as well as crippled would suit them best. There is no cure for them so why waste time trying to change them?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When they put this scumbag in prison for fraud - THEN I'll believe there is a God.

join