It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could LLOYDS TSB BANK collapse on Monday 7th November 2011?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just a few days ago, the mainstream media were drooling about the fact the CEO of Lloyds Bank filed in for sick leave due to extreme "stress":

Lloyds CEO Takes a Break

The surprise move by 47-year-old António Horta-Osório threw Lloyds into turmoil and sent shockwaves through the London banking industry. At an emergency board meeting Wednesday morning, the partly nationalized retail bank's directors named outgoing finance chief Tim Tookey to temporarily replace Mr. Horta-Osório. The bank's shares slumped 7.5% in afternoon trade on the London Stock Exchange.

Lloyds said in a statement that Mr. Horta-Osório "is taking a temporary leave of absence…due to illness." The bank said it expects him to return before the end of the year.

And just today, we have this massive thread going on ATS that this Monday could well be Black Monday i.e. A stock market crash!

It all ends Monday!

Its just a hunch, but I think Lloyds could well be the victim of Monday's "predicted" crash or maybe sometime in the near future.

Does anyone else think Lloyds Bank is going to collapse on Monday (7th November 2011) just like Lehman Brothers did 3 years ago?
edit on 5-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Something seems to be up thats for sure. I don't see any banks failing on Monday though, it is possible but it seems too soon yet. I think the main problem is going to come from the goings on in greece, in the short term anyway, and we probably have a few more weeks before we find out what happens their.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

...the CEO of Lloyds Bank filed in for sick leave due to extreme "stress"

The guy simply happened across the ATS GM forum and suddenly saw the bigger picture.

(But don't worry about Monday; till Italy / Spain collapse things will keep ticking over. When that day comes your money may not be safe in any bank. And as for your pension...)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Eric daniels couldn't hack if neither could Antonio. Lloyds TSB are too big too fail, plus they are actually the better bank on the high street.

Look at barclays balance sheet worry about them, forget their quarterly results. They are not posting sufficient accounting in their financial reports.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I could be wrong but Lloyds was bailed out in 2008 and the government has about a 30-40% ownership. That being said, it would be almost impossible for Lloyds to fail as such a failure will pretty much mean that the global banking cartel is also utterly incompetent as well as corrupt. Money will be printed and those too big will not fail.

new topics

top topics

join