It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: It all Ends Monday - ITS NOT ENDING - THE NOTICE WAS MISINTERPRETED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

RE: It all Ends Monday - ITS NOT ENDING - THE NOTICE WAS MISINTERPRETED

www.cmegroup.com

11-400
TO: Clearing Member Firms
DATE: November 5, 2011
RE: CME Group Clarifies Maintenance Margin Ratios Exchange to Reduce Initial Margin Ratio to 1.00
CME Group today is clarifying its notice to clearing firms regarding margins. In light of the issues customers transferring out of MF Global are facing, while still maintaining appropriate risk management protections for the market, CME Clearing is setting the "initial" margin upcharge at zero. This upcharge is normally applied to customer accounts when they are receiving a margin call.
The intent and effect of thes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I posted this on the existing thread but to prevent confusion or panic selling (which will probably be regretted later)
I thought it was worth starting a new thread to make sure as many people as possible get the story straight

THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING MONDAY - PLEASE READ THIS CLARIFICATION ISSUED BY THE CME

CME has apologized for the confusion - it sounds like initial margins are going down - nothings going up because they want to REDUCE margin calls to MFG customers that are being transferred..

CME Clarification

www.cmegroup.com
edit on 5-11-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yeah yeah...thanks for dashing my Hopes
More Can kicking it is...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So... Tuesday then?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I was kind of looking forward to Armageddon as well...at least it's good practice huh?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So whats happening now. I kind of just sat down and stared oddly at the topics like they were in ancient Chinese

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Now i am really worried. I am used to thousands of doomsday threads that failed. Not once there was a call off before. Maybe it is THE thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

More cheap money...more leverage...don't worry there will be a day when it all falls apart I'm sure

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I don't know what happened...it's never happened before...maybe we can do it again in a little while?

link   
You mean another prediction of Armageddon on ATS is not actually true!?! Well, that's a surprise.
Now cue the YU55 people...

People yearn a little too much for catastrophe. Don't worry, at some point, somewhere, you'll get it. I've been through a couple in the past. They are not fun and they typically do not bring positive change. At least not directly. You are wishing trauma onto yourself.

Peace.

link   
The game continues then?

Yesterday, CME Group successfully transferred MF Global customer positions to a new clearing member ...

www.cmegroup.com...

edit on 5-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

with part, but not all, of their funds,

www.cmegroup.com... isories/clearing/files/Chadv11-400.pdf

lool

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

So... Tuesday then?

Sorry; "Tuesday's" not good for me; I've got that "thing"...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ummm i nvere did think it was ending Monday. Thanks for the clarification though LMAO!!!!!

Originally posted by coldkidc
I posted this on the existing thread but to prevent confusion or panic selling (which will probably be regretted later)
I thought it was worth starting a new thread to make sure as many people as possible get the story straight

THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING MONDAY - PLEASE READ THIS CLARIFICATION ISSUED BY THE CME

CME has apologized for the confusion - it sounds like initial margins are going down - nothings going up because they want to REDUCE margin calls to MFG customers that are being transferred..

CME Clarification

www.cmegroup.com

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
End of the world (Financial or Literal) stories should at least get to go up until the day they are supposed to happen. This takes all the fun out of the fear mongering...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WAIT A MINUTE! The ATS effect is that predictions of doom fail to pan out. All predictions made here fail.

So, if the prediction of doom is CALLED OFF, that means this time it's really gonna happen! Aaaaaaugh!!!

top topics

join