It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Of Body Experience - Fear of leaving body.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, if you know that you can self- induce it, but get overwhelmed by fear - just as you are to leave your body: how does one gather courage to "go all the way" ?

edit on 5/11/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointofview

i thought you meant going out of the body and never come back, by saying "going all the way".

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sorry about that. Edited the title.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think being at peace with ones self and endeavouring to remain tranquil and calm is most important.

Besides that you should just keep at it, as often as time permits. You will gradually get braver and feel more comfortable in your OBE's and as a result the quality of them should improve.

Regards.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't have a lot of knowledge in this so if a more expert member would answer it'd be great.

From what I understand, you have to surround yourself with peace, love and hope, imagine a bright light surrounding you, protecting from all harm.
That way you achieve a higher vibration, and that's important.

Face those fears head on, believe nothing can hurt you and trust in yourself.

Might I ask what technique you use? Very interested in this

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Seriously, there are very valid reasons that you have a great fear of "going all the way" as you say. There is a reason that you should be afraid! There are things in this life that you just shouldn't dabble in. Please be careful that you aren't inviting unwanted entities into your life.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evansr
I don't have a lot of knowledge in this so if a more expert member would answer it'd be great.

From what I understand, you have to surround yourself with peace, love and hope, imagine a bright light surrounding you, protecting from all harm.

It came so easy to me, when I was 12 years old reading about it and some techniques in a magazine. I am over 30 now, and I have never dared to go through with it. Even if I know I can.

In the magazine I read, I remember that they suggested imagining a point in space in front of you with your eyes closed, and try to go there. It worked.

The next months when I went to bed to get some sleep, it started happening all by itself, and I had to sit up and gasp for air and say "STOP! STOP!" in my mind to get it to stop. I never dared actually leaving my body. So after one try I had to fight and suppress it for months before it stopped.

However, I still want to gather courage to really try it out once day..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Seriously, there are very valid reasons that you have a great fear of "going all the way" as you say. There is a reason that you should be afraid! There are things in this life that you just shouldn't dabble in. Please be careful that you aren't inviting unwanted entities into your life.

What about all the people that say that they do this all the time, and all is well ? Got any proof that it's dangerous? Except for my innate fear of doing it...?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pointofview

It came so easy to me, when I was 12 years old reading about it and some techniques in a magazine. I am over 30 now, and I have never dared to go through with it. Even if I know I can.

In the magazine I read, I remember that they suggested imagining a point in space in front of you with your eyes closed, and try to go there. It worked.

The next months when I went to bed to get some sleep, it started happening all by itself, and I had to sit up and gasp for air and say "STOP! STOP!" in my mind to get it to stop. I never dared actually leaving my body. So after one try I had to fight and suppress it for months before it stopped.

You TOO!

the same thing happens to me. It's like I'm in my bed and I'm so tired to the point I may drop asleep at any time. Then I feel my body violently vibrating and I can't move and I'm like "No, no no" and I have to hop up and go get a drink of water. I would so like to do it but it just feels like a scary experience, especially since It's night and I'm thinking of all the scary crap that can happen to me while I'm trying to sleep

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hehe, yep. I had to leave bed too, when it was at it's worst to stop it !

I guess we're both cowards

One time I was really bored at work and thought about the possibility to enter someone else body, and I was almost pulled out of my body towards the other person. Scary #. Luckily that has never happened again.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

You TOO!

the same thing happens to me. It's like I'm in my bed and I'm so tired to the point I may drop asleep at any time. Then I feel my body violently vibrating and I can't move and I'm like "No, no no" and I have to hop up and go get a drink of water. I would so like to do it but it just feels like a scary experience, especially since It's night and I'm thinking of all the scary crap that can happen to me while I'm trying to sleep

Pointofview- It comes real easy for you huh? You are very lucky, wish I had it like that

If that much time as passed, I believe you've done at least some study on the subject and the honest people all agree that it is safe as long as you think in a positive manner and feel the love

There's not much more we can say, you know what the problem is and just have to face it, liberate yourself.

Just do it!

mr10k- Maybe you should try during the afternoon? Or after you wake up in the morning, that might help in making you feel safe
edit on 5-11-2011 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sure, but I am afraid that all those that it did not work out so well for, never had the chance to come back an warn us.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Have you ever read about the silver cord? It's a belief that our soul is connected to our body, even during an OOBE through an energy cord, and that it can not be severed unless the body dies.

I'm not saying it's a silver cord, but I think that is why so many people that OOBE are pulled back rapidly at times, we're always connected to the body.

Now..if your problem is the safety of the pyshical body, remember to always protect yourself before you fly out into freedom

There are visualization techinques, mantras, even prayer, whatever suits ya

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evansr

Yup, I know about the silver cord. I think I am afraid of several things. That someone will cut the cord it so that I'm lost. Or something taking over my body. Or meeting something dreadful on the "other side".

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Evansr

Yup, I know about the silver cord. I think I am afraid of several things. That someone will cut the cord it so that I'm lost. Or something taking over my body. Or meeting something dreadful on the "other side".

Face the fear, you know full well what to do.
That is the key.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

if you are scared, there might be a good reason for it. if you are not 100% sure, let it be. nothing wrong with that.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Nope....no proof. Everyone has the right to do whatever they please. There are many warnings online from people that have unwittingly invited evil entities into their lives, if you want to take the time to look for them. If not, no problem, continue on your current path. Just don't say that you weren't warned. It may be a while before you relealize what you've gotten into, but one day you will.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I've never seen or heard of a silver cord until today.. and I've had 4 OOBE's..

I've never experienced any evil things, or have I ever felt threatened. The fear comes when leaving your body for the first couple of times.. it's the unknown, no one actually 100% believes it's possible to do no matter what they say, until they actually experience it first hand. It's an experience you don't have every day, so it would be hard for me to say I could get used to the feeling of leaving.. I dare say it would be slightly scary each and every time I do it..
edit on 6-11-2011 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
I've never experienced any evil things, or have I ever felt threatened. The fear comes when leaving your body for the first couple of times.. it's the unknown, no one actually 100% believes it's possible to do no matter what they say, until they actually experience it first hand.

Violence is right. Humans fear change, and the leaving of ones body is a BIG change......feared by many and that fear is fueled by people calling it evil and claiming it somehow brings evil entities into their lives. Just because some poster had angels or fairies as an avatar does NOT make them guided by a higher source, and I question the motives of those who claim it is of darkness, as it IS a path to enlightenment...... From personal experience I think all those claims are LIES planted by people who fear change so much, they can't even stand the thought that YOU might change leaving them behind in ignorance.......
Ive never had anything 'evil' come to me for this spiritual practice. In fact I believe our angelic guides are right there, helping us to find our way along this road beyond the physical. I also think these guides will hinder your progress if this is NOT a path you should take, and I think you CAN trust in the process of placing the outcome into the hands of the angells.......you should be well versed in protecting yourself spiritually, for everyday life in the 3D world as well as travels OOBE.

I did feel all kinds of excited AHHHHHHH!!! kind of things when it was new, but nowdays? Ive learned there is nothing to fear but fear itself........your own path is out there, or IN there meditatively.
Check out CavemanDD's HOW TO thread as that is seriously informative!!

Best of luck to you in this endeavor, TRUST in your OWN feelings.......not what anyone else says including me, as we all have a different path to follow.
edit on 6-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: dyslexia makes it needed

edit on 6-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

That someone will cut the cord it so that I'm lost. Or something taking over my body. Or meeting something dreadful on the "other side".

arg..........either scenario is truly impossible, and is a fabrication of those who fear this spiritual practice.

Read Robert Monroes FAR JOURNEYS........

This fear your speaking of, is humankinds biggest hindrance to the freedom of living in real time yet KNOWING about life after death, and other realms........as once youve been there yourself you no longer have cause to wonder. And THAT my freind is a HUGE TERROR of organized religions, because if we ALL had these kinds of experiences as regular things, there would be no need of them
and THATS the real reason you find so many warning you off.......
edit on 6-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join