It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A really crazy question, can you share your soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I saw this on a tv show once, it presents itself as a a reality show but it of course was not. Anyway one of their scenario's was that a soul can be shared at the same time with many others, all different people having different experiences in different parts of the world and that the individuals can pay for what the other one did and if they ever meet weird things happens. Like say a guy who is bad shares the same soul with two or three other people, the bad guy can reap the good some of the good people do and the good ones can reap the bad karma from the bad guy, its essentially all the same soul and different individuals sharing the karma for the one soul. Their scenario was that the world was going to end and that the souls evolving only had so much time to get their soul cycle in (only get so many lives) so they were all here at once. Anybody else ever wonder about crap like this or ever heard of anything like this?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Never heard of it. I don't believe that someone can share a soul. I have an extremely difficult time fathoming the thought. Just like I don't believe in reincarnation. I believe God gave everyone one soul and when it is done with our body it is either going to heaven or hell. Mine is going straight up to live with the angels.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
No you can't share. MW states, "1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life." Individual, that means NO duallity.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackShadow
Never heard of it. I don't believe that someone can share a soul. I have an extremely difficult time fathoming the thought. Just like I don't believe in reincarnation. I believe God gave everyone one soul and when it is done with our body it is either going to heaven or hell. Mine is going straight up to live with the angels.

I hope you do but of course not for a long time. There are some passages in the bible that does lend itself to the theory of reincarnation. I hope reincarnation is real, Edgar Cayce who was the sleeping prophet very strongly believed in reincarantion but refused to believe for the longest time because he was a devout christian but after doing so many readings where past lives kept coming up he finally had to accept and believe in reincarnation.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I hope you do but of course not for a long time. There are some passages in the bible that does lend itself to the theory of reincarnation. I hope reincarnation is real, Edgar Cayce who was the sleeping prophet very strongly believed in reincarantion but refused to believe for the longest time because he was a devout christian but after doing so many readings where past lives kept coming up he finally had to accept and believe in reincarnation.

Interesting. Do you remember any verses in the Bible? I am interested in looking into it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Isn't there one about the sins of the father shall be visited upon the son? You reap what you sow. Sorry I am not well read on the bible. Now if you think in terms of begatting I know the bible is big on that, then you think about several generations down the line and what you have done in your lifetime could very well affect the son, also if you believe in karma then that one has to continue to pay for the sins. Most people who believe in reincarnation says most of the time we come back in the same family?
Some of Cayce's reading's spoke of past lives causing illness in the present lives of his patients, like for instance if you caused someone physical pain in your past life or enjoyed someones pain in a past life then you endure that pain in future life.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No you can't share. MW states, "1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life." Individual, that means NO duallity.

I just thought I would point out that if there were no duality, the soul would be "shared". Individuals by definition create a duality-- me and you.

Re: the bible

The bible says a great many things about souls/spirits after death. Reincarnation is not very high on the list of scripture supported hypothesis.

I do not believe in either reincarnation nor past lives. However I do believe there is something to be explained in those experiences.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe when lovemaking people share the essence of their souls.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

There would be no duality of the soul, all the beings would be sharing it, the one soul. They would not know this of course they would each see themselves as being one person with one soul but in reality there would be many people sharing one soul, sort of like we are all one with the universe. Now if karma is correct then person A could be paying for what person C did, person B could reaping the benefit of what person person A did and so back and forth.

new topics

top topics

join