It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and OWS: What the heck, ATS?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

There was a thread about it here, it is common knowledge! However if I am suppose to KNOW this shouldnt you? Unless i expect too much from YOU the reader

Did you really just blame the reader for the fact that you provided a false picture to make a point?
I think you need to learn how to argue. A logic/philosophy class wouldn't be a bad deal to look into...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think a lot of ATS like to point fingerts but will not put their money where their mouths are...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Isn't this like me asking why you won't support the Tea Party?

Because it's obviously not politics you identify with.

Why don't a lot of people side by OWS?

Because they don't identify with the politics. And that's exactly what it is... politics. Really not that surprising?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Care to contribute?

Already have here & here.
Enjoy...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Personal attacks on individuals into OWS whoever they are might not break down the reality of this "infamous" movement as you'd hoped.

Just saying!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Isn't this like me asking why you won't support the Tea Party?

Because it's obviously not politics you identify with.

Why don't a lot of people side by OWS?

Because they don't identify with the politics. And that's exactly what it is... politics. Really not that surprising?

The Tea Party has never done anything like this. They "rally" and stuff but they never occupied the federal reserve. Instead they often rallied for social issues. If they amassed tens of thousands of people and actually did something like OWS is doing, they'd have public support. I would support the Tea Party if they did this even though I find many of the things they stand for repulsive.

So, in short, nobody supported the Tea Party occupying because the Tea Party hasn't occupied anything. Sorry to break it to you guys.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Before i get up any do anything. Im going to have to see Millions of Americans willing to stand up with weapons and pull the trigger .... government wont listen till you do that ... otherwise im just gonna sit here because it wont happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

OK hoax or not there are indeed thousands in the streets you deny this? Remember we are all a bunch of pot smoking hippies drinking 40's in the streets ... oh wait no now we are no longer there! No no no we dont exist

Whats it going to be?

Typical straw man response

Hmmmmm

Posting a "FAKE" pic to justifies the "millions" is beyond straw-man my friend.
Thousands? Sure. Thousands with no direction ? You bet. BTW, I dont believe you are ALL hippies drinkin 40's in the streets. I believe there are many pissed off Americans that havnt realized that LACK of direction,will get them nowhere. I do believe 100% that the propaganda you said is taking place,is also done by OWS Sympathizers,as your pic so helpfully illustrated. Stay true.........

For lack of direction there sure are a LOT of people in certain places saying the same thing. Lets take a look at history, Rosa Parks did not conceive what would become of what she did on a bus one day. The revolution in Egypt had no direction it was chaos! But look what became of it? Oh and they had naysayers too where are they?

Courage to dissent is just one part of the formula. Oh and the Posting a "FAKE" pic to justifies the "millions" is beyond straw-man comment is the good old "I know you are but what am I" come back i use to hear on the curly slide in 4th grade.

Just sayin

Stay gold bro

Lets take a look at Egypt my friend............

“I’m frustrated,” said the 37-year-old surgeon-turned- celebrity, in an interview a day after military prosecutors ordered a blogger and activist detained. “The regime hasn’t changed. Everything is the same,” he said. “People are still being arrested for just being politically active.”

Egyptian Satirist Finds Little to Laugh About in Pre-Vote Media Crackdown

Hows that Arab Spring working out for them?

Still looks like chaos to me................

How about Libya??

"I feel desperate. I have lots of time but I don't know what to do," he said. Ali cares for a wife, child, and both his parents.

EGYPT-LIBYA: Returnees struggle to survive

Really,even a 4th grader with "internetz" skills can show you that all is not well in Egypt or Libya.

And African-Americans? Really dont let me show you the constant struggle in this County even after Rosa Parks.........I am of mixed decent by the way,and know all to well.....

Last,you're just ANGRY I pointed out your use of FAKING a picture,while saying how much propaganda was being used against OWS. Its comical,really.
edit on 5-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

First of all in response to your links ...I did not say all is well in paradise, you have an article of a few opinions there. But revolution is still in progress. It just does not happen that fast but progress has been made. What did you expect? Yeah America has a long way to go in race relations. I come from a racially diverse BG myself and grew up around most minorities so that affected me in seeing things from the other side of the grass.

Last,you're just ANGRY I pointed out your use of FAKING a picture,while saying how much propaganda was being used against OWS. Its comical,really.

ANGRY AS HELL YES! Angry at the Criminals we are fighting against that is correct.

No propaganda really? Now in saying that makes you look very gullible there is propaganda galore! have you been paying attention?

AS for the photoshop, maybe i should have posted a meme like i almost always do? Then again people might call me a hoaxer because i posted a photo of advice dog on a colorful back ground claiming that "talking dog heads are not real" aghhh the anri OWS are really reaching. Confirmation of our hard work at OWS is rocking this boat.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think there are several reasons:

1. Opinions and ideas are like trends. If a certain idea or opinion becomes too popular, many of its original propegators will dismiss it, simply because 'the sheeple' are now into it as well. It's like when hipsters stop listening to a certain alternative rock band omce it becomes too famous and mainstream.

2. A substantial amount of people in the conspiray-forum community are closeted-elitists. Secretely they want to belong to the very same groups they're supposedly railing against. This became very obvious to me earlier this year at the Project Avalon forum during the 'Charles'-saga, when all the supposed 'lightworkers', desperately wanted to be part of some secret group of 'chosen ones' that was going to be handpicked by some alleged illuminati-whistleblower.

People and their emotions are generally shallow and easily manipulated. 'Man is a chasm, one gets dizzy if one looks down'...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
The Tea Party has never done anything like this. They "rally" and stuff but they never occupied the federal reserve. Instead they often rallied for social issues.

Are you kidding me? The tea party took over the all democrat
house and almost took over the senate.

The tea party was responsible for kicking the bums out of
office and replacing them!

The tea party has changed more then OWS will ever.

GET A GRIP!!

The GOP gains would exceed those made during the Republican wave of 1994 when the party picked up 54 House seats. Not since 1938 has the party made such monumental inroads. With 218 seats needed for a majority, Republicans so far have officially won 233, while Democrats have won 174

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The tea party kicked Nancy Pelosi (the witch with a gavel)
out of majority leader..

What good is OWS doing To get rid of crappy politicians>>?

NOTHING!!

edit on 5-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

First, realize that you are expecting measurable results after approximately 50 days from a MAJOR undertaking that involves the citizens of this country coming together in an (overwhelmingly) peaceful effort to go up against the Goliath of the economy in order to take back their country ... Are you serious? 50 days?

Why wouldn't I be serious? This occupation was set up prior to its first meeting. Surely, somebody could have the sense to put together a game plan.

Their goal is not to hurt the people they represent. Their goal is to challenge the status quo. You may not agree with their methods, but I don't get the criticism of their goals.

If they want to challenge the staus quo, there are better ways to do it. Tell them to stop paying taxes, tell them to boycott buying corporate products. Put pressure on Congress. Don't you find it odd that Congress is a NO-DO entity while all of this is going on? Why should they, the pressure isn't on them. The criticism is simple, merely standing in front of buildings, crowding sidewalks, holding up signs and chanting this or that isn't going to get the job done. The policymakers aren't on Wall Street.

Thank you for your post

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ohhh... so because the Tea Party never pitched a tent on public property they shouldn't be taken seriously.
WTF does that even mean?

I actually agree with A LOT of what the OWS stands for. I absolutely do not agree with their "occupation" that is costing cities millions of dollars in damage, over time, health concerns etc. There is absolutely no point to it, and it does nothing but alienate people like me who do see those people camping as "dirt bags". And unfortunately that's the face of OWS, the dirt bags .. not their ideas, their beliefs, their demands .. we just see idiots in tents costing us money.

So to say no one supported the Tea Party (which is several hundred times larger than the OWS protest?) because they didn't "occupy" anything is absolutely stupid. Probably the dumbest thing I've read on ATS in quite some time.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

There was a thread about it here, it is common knowledge! However if I am suppose to KNOW this shouldnt you? Unless i expect too much from YOU the reader

Did you really just blame the reader for the fact that you provided a false picture to make a point?
I think you need to learn how to argue. A logic/philosophy class wouldn't be a bad deal to look into...

Well I obviously should have said this is not real this is a Photoshop but is meant as an illustration of masses at OWS since some people are so buthurt about it. Should i go edit the original post and will it make you happy?

I have a long history of exposing Hoaxes and Debunking ask somebody. I don't support hoaxes, but since people are anal over the photo I have no problem editing the post. However twisting it to your agenda and making it out to be something else "claiming i hoaxed" or support a hoax or what have you to deflect then shame on you.

Still you have not answered my questions

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THE ELITE

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I gave you a star simply because you made a thread based on the arguments I have been having with people about OWS.
I too, am surprised by the lack of support for the OWS movement, especially, when as you say, is based on the people being FED UP.
There doesn't have to be a narrow view, there is nothing narrower than those who wish not to see progress.

I say OWS, stay there!
Piss the people off. Let the D-bags label you as homeless hippies. When SHTF, they will be hiding behind locked doors and barred windows, while you feel the first 'free' breeze your face.
Do it. Make them realize you aren't going away...

I was in a recent argument, about what exactly does rallying solve, how is it going to get these people jobs.

And the answer is simple, and even more of a reason to riot, our government has proved it. THEY AREN'T ON THE PEOPLE'S SIDE. They don't care about what we think, they care about what we do. But if we all start thinking the same thing, they might really have a reason to fear for what we will do.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Did you post something similar when the tea party protests broke out? I'll tell you what the problem is. Those on the right who started the tea protests when the banker bailouts started ruining everyone's lives by firmly putting the USA on a distinct fast-track to bankruptcy got nothing but ridicule and scorn from the left. Yes the OWS protests should be viewed positively and all of us at ATS should join them. However, the same thing was true of the tea party protests. I'm totally unimpressed by the people complaining, because where were they when the Tea Party protests broke out? They were busy accusing them of being racists. While its true they were quickly co-opted by filthy neocons, they were still something ATS users should have attended and supported and watched enviously just like the OWS movement.

Now that the left is finally realizing something is seriously wrong (about damn time) the right is taking their turn to participate in the scorn. And yes you're right, the scorn shouldn't be there at all. Its time for the left and right to unite with corporatism being our common enemy. I'll believe it can happen when OWS supporters who scorned the tea party protesters (for getting hijacked by thugs no less!) start apologizing now that they are seeing what its like.

Those of us who were watching the tea party getting smeared and then hijacked are watching and waiting for the same exact thing to happen to the Occupy movement. But I think most of us don't really want that to happen... its just that we have seen what happens in the past with such things.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THE ELITE

I did answer your question. Quite succinctly. I don't support 'them'.

Originally posted by relpobre000
I don't know when you're going to get it through your Guy Fawkes mask: This country isn't polarized into 'those who support OWS' vs. 'those who support Government corruption'. If you want to support this 'movement' and feel that it's going to take the country by storm, then be my guest.

But as long as they have a spokesman like you--they'll never need vocal critics.

edit on 5-11-2011 by relpobre000 because: blah

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Clear poetry my Friend..............

How does one add to it ????

perhaps by putting it in practice?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The tea party was along the lines of a bottle rocket - zip - fizzle - pop

no shock and awe

OWS is more along the line of a powder Keg

With OWS this has been building up for 4 years people just did not decide to get mad one day unlike the tea party

They had potential though

But yeah i agree the tea party is what college kids refer to an EPIC FAIL
edit on 5-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
because all these guys can do is talk talk talk, nothing else.
when it comes time to actually go against they system they get scared and hide under their blankets using their iphones as light because their too scared to get up and turn the light on.

"we know things are bad worse than bad, their crazy! it's like everything everywhere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore. WE SIT IN OUR HOUSE AND SLOWLY THE WORLD WERE LIVING IN IS GETTING SMALLER AND ALL WE SAY IS 'PLEASEE AT LEAST LEAVE US ALONE IN OUR LIVING ROOM, LET ME HAVE MY TOASTER AND MY TV AND MY STEAL BELTED RADIOS AND I WONT SAY ANYTHING JUST LEAVE USS ALOOONEEE!!!!!!"
www.youtube.com...
ahhhh Howard Beale, never gets old.
i go to occupy l.a a few times out the week, if you haven't been there go there and pay a visit and if you want to vilify about it after you visit go ahead, meanwhile don't say S###.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

ANGRY AS HELL YES! Angry at the Criminals we are fighting against that is correct.

Im still waiting for Anonymous to show the names of the alleged 25,000 Mexican government emails containing the names of Zetas members and associates.Is Anonymous really fighting for Injustice?

Julian Assange agrees.

Confirmation of our hard work at OWS is rocking this boat.

No......... patting yourselves on the back,hiding behind a computer,hacking and not coming through,is NOT hard work.Smells like, whats your word ? FAIL.
Neither is wearing your $10-20 dollar Guy Fawkes masks,and presenting yourselves as pseudo-saviors of the world. I guess Anonymous and OWS has a lot in common. Grandiose Delusions is a disorder,if you didn't know.

BTW,I wont beat that horse anymore about pointing out your "use" of a "HOAX" Photo. I will point out that you edited your original post though......................which is disingenuous,at best. If you keep it up,no one will believe what you have to say.MHO

If OWS has a chance,they have to weed out the chaff from the wheat.

edit on 5-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join