It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators names not listed at the bottom of threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There are only 276 ATS members online right now in The World, so I guess it is a nice quiet time
to ask why the moderators of Threads/Posts are no longer listed on the Thread Page.
In the "Old Day's " of ATS, The Names of all Moderators of Each Thread/Post were listed near the bottom
of the page. As well as the names of all members who contributed to the discussion at hand.

Furthermore, does there exist a way to alert a member when another has responded to one of their
replies with real time data?

For Example: I log into ATS, respond/contribute to several threads in various categories,
and then I get tired and log out. Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Replies To your Post
Column" that would allow a member to immediately return to their last contribution to a thread
and have immediate access to a responce left by another member within the Scroll created by
the original Poster.

Basically, it would be an Alert that someone responded to "Your Reply."
It would help, because in the old days of ATS Website Style, when you clicked on My ATS
and chose a thread, it would bring you back to the Exact page of your comment and by scrolling down
you could view any replies If you paid enough attention. Now When you click on MY ATS and
choose a subscribed thread, it links you to the last page entry. So, you have to click through
numerous pages to try to remember where you joined in.

Best, Wildmanimal

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Furthermore, does there exist a way to alert a member when another has responded to one of their
replies with real time data?

For Example: I log into ATS, respond/contribute to several threads in various categories,
and then I get tired and log out. Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Replies To your Post
Column" that would allow a member to immediately return to their last contribution to a thread
and have immediate access to a responce left by another member within the Scroll created by
the original Poster.

Basically, it would be an Alert that someone responded to "Your Reply."
It would help, because in the old days of ATS Website Style, when you clicked on My ATS
and chose a thread, it would bring you back to the Exact page of your comment and by scrolling down
you could view any replies If you paid enough attention. Now When you click on MY ATS and
choose a subscribed thread, it links you to the last page entry. So, you have to click through
numerous pages to try to remember where you joined in.

Best, Wildmanimal

Peace, good morning.

Go to tools, and messages, and then go to "replies" and voila - you'll find a list of replies to all of your posts.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Indeed. As explained above you'll find the "Replies to my posts" in your message box.

As for the mods/members listed in forums? It fell away when the new board was implemented last year - not sure exactly why. My guess would be that it took up a lot of time to change all the forums every time there was a change in staff... Either way it doesn't really matter in the end. Administrators and Supers moderate all of ATS. Moderators are assigned specific forums to help divide the "workload" equally. So for administrative purposes it's really only the staff that is concerned with what forums they are assigned. And this is for "household" tasks in any case (i.e. moving/closing threads). Any moderator can remove any post from any forum IF it's a T&C violation.

If there is a problem in specific sub forum, you can simply use the Alert! function to notify the staff. The first available staff member with capabilities in that forum will handle it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

All Right, I'll give it a Go. Thanks for your direction and reply.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks Gemwolf, no problem specifically. I just noticed that this particular Transparency had disappeared.
The "Moderator List" at the bottom of the thread kind of kept it "In the Family." In some interesting way.
To me, there was a certain level of comfort,congeniality,and respect of parameters.

You Know, The Human Element: As Seen on TV

www.dow.com...

Thanks for your reply and answers to my inquiry.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Boy, I have had some major malfunctions as of late, thanks for your focus.

Best! Wildmanimal

edit on 12-11-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar/Typo Correction

new topics

top topics

join